USA Tour: RB Leipzig - August 1 01:00

Posted (edited)

I am struggling to take any positives from tonight. Onana broke up play well in the first half and made a few good passes BUT he is not imho a Luiz replacement. McGinn looks a mile off and unfit.  Buendia was a bit headless. Maatsen, Carlos & Cash weren’t great. What was the point of Rogers at CF? Barkley looked like a 30 year old has-been. 

Has the squad been improved? Not impressed. 

I’m off to bed! 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

There's an argument for saying that Kesler-Hayden has been our best right winger in pre-season.

Hope Ramsey is okay - not good seeing him come on and go back off after half an hour; looked uncomfortable taking his boot off too.

• Sad 2

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

I am struggling to take any positives from tonight. Onana broke up play well in the first half and made a few good passes BUT he is not imho a Luiz replacement. McGinn looks a mile off and unfit.  Buendia was a bit headless. Maatsen, Carlos & Cash weren’t great. What was the point of Rogers at CF? Barkley looked like a 30 year old has-been. 

Don’t look to deeply into it. We’re without key starters and Emery is doing a lot of testing. Its a glorified practice for crying out loud.

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Largely agree, but onana, ned, barronacea ( im not gonna learn to spell their names until im sure theyll be in match day lineups in the league) have all been improvements.  Buendia and JJ back are both positives, si less negative than you, but understand your “not impressed.”

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Don’t look to deeply into it. We’re without key starters and Emery is doing a lot of testing. Its a glorified practice for crying out loud.

It is, yes - but you're looking to see pattern, you're looking to see relationships building and the team taking shape.

We've had one shot, suffered injuries to Olsen and Ramsey, had Carlos sent off and looked like a bunch of strangers at times - it's very, very difficult to look at this pre-season tour and think things are going well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Onana was impressive. Torres looked classy. Have to disagree on Cash and Maatsen, I thought they both defended well. Bogarde looked accomplished I thought too. Also we didn't concede with 10 (disclaimer 5 mins left)

Admittedly not a lot to go off but

Hmm. Poor - collectively, individually and in terms of what it told us - add injuries, sending offs, the obvious gaps in our squad and the lack of pattern to our play and you have an awful lot of questions to ask about our summer. Ollie will answer some of those questions - but we suddenly seem incredibly reliant on that.

Game plan and preparations ruined by that sending off. 

Ned, Donck, Bogarde and Maatsen will be our starting back four at West Ham, what a clean sheet. Glad I stayed up.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So our CB options are Torres, Konsa and Carlos - I don't think we can reasonably expect anyone else to be involved in the opening months of the season. 

I think that rules out the chances of Konsa being able to continue at RB which takes something away from us tactically and we're an injury or suspension away from being in a very difficult spot.

With the depth we've got elsewhere, this sticks out like a sore thumb, we desperately need one and I wouldn't be against us going out and buying two CB's.

Playing without a centre forward is also hurting us and with Duran on the outs, w'ere desperately short there too.

We've bought some good players, but we haven't had a good window - we've got big holes in the squad and the clock is ticking in terms of getting new players in and settled.

I agree that we need a CF and at least one CB.... but that's sooo many signings. It'll be after Christmas until they all get used to playing with each other in various combinations.

9 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

You can tell its raining right?  And they are wet, but not clinging.  

Yeah I’m in the stadium. I definitely got the rain but was just messing around hence the troll emoji.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â