USA Tour: Columbus Crew - July 28 01:00

Good to be back here with my Villa brethren… it’s gonna be a good season. In the meantime, let’s see how we shape up during preseason.

UTV!!

Just seen that it’s been 357 days since Buendia was involved in a squad… wow, it’s been a long road. Well done to him for working his way back and all the effort and distress he’s had to contend with.

Brilliant to have him back, little magician.

• Like 2

Just now, Jas10 said:

Just seen that it’s been 357 days since Buendia was involved in a squad… wow, it’s been a long road. Well done to him for working his way back and all the effort and distress he’s had to contend with.

Brilliant to have him back, little magician.

I would say Buendia and Philogene were the stars of our tour to the USA last time out. Buendia was class against Newcastle 

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Illing as LM? Different skill set to Rogers and JJ, will need a bit of work there, but will interesting to see how it goes. 
Are there highlights on Villa TV? 

He's a left winger. That's his most starts 60 followed by 39 at LM.

Game is live on YouTube. Someone posted few pages back but I'd found the link on Columbus Crew website

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's a left winger. That's his most starts 60 followed by 39 at LM.

Game is live on YouTube. Someone posted few pages back but I'd found the link on Columbus Crew website

• Like 1

That's not a bad crowd for a friendly with an MLS side. A buddy of mine was at Atlanta hosting DC United last night in "legitimate" League Cup and you could have thrown grenades in the lower deck and not harmed a soul.

Personal note: I've been to a game in Columbus once, at their old grounds, US v Mexico. SGE was coaching Mexico: he decided to deploy "traditional" football with diagonal crosses in the aftermath of a torrential thunderstorm and US won 2-0. Then I had to walk through a war zone to find a taxi.

The smallest town with a 1,000,000 population you'll ever see.

4 minutes ago, dotcomsimon said:

ouch, I work at the kids hospital :( 

Hey if it's Birmingham Children's can I tempt you with cash to get a t-shirt? Where I'm from the children's hospital is a big deal and I'm a huge fan of paying money to fuckup children's diseases.

Just now, 479Villan said:

Hey if it's Birmingham Children's can I tempt you with cash to get a t-shirt? Where I'm from the children's hospital is a big deal and I'm a huge fan of paying money to fuckup children's diseases.

Sure, Just DM me :) 

That's a relief on Carlos - I thought we were about to see an Onana/Barekly centreback pairing in the second half!

No Swinkels tonight is an odd one - at the moment, given our numerical strength elsewhere, he's probably the biggest loss!

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Why is the game not kicked off yet? is my stream delayed? 

No just Americans being Americans, all is fine 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â