USA Tour: Columbus Crew - July 28 01:00

Somebody remind me why Watkins is missing? He only played about five minutes of football in the Euros. 

I’m going to aim to get a couple of hours of kip before the game, wake up and watch, and then sleep again after. Easier said than done though! 

5 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Who’s going stay up until 3 in the morning to watch a Villa preseason match?

Me, that’s who! 

I might have had a bit of a cat nap this afternoon😉

57 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I might have had a bit of a cat nap this afternoon😉

Yep, I’ve a four week old. Had a kip a few hours ago. Feel great now. 

• Like 1

I'm torn between catching some shut eye and get up again for the match, or struggle to stay awake until kick-off.

it's not even 23:00 and I'm struggling, this is way past my bedtime. I might have to have a kip before the game. now where did I put my slippers?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, sidcow said:

So are Columbus Crew any good? I know nothing about them. 

They're one of the MLS's best teams. They're 3rd in the Eastern Conference and are the reigning MLS champions (effectively the league winner thanks to the US fascination with playoffs, they finished 3rd but won the championship playoff series). Their manager is considered one of the best in the league. Their star player is Cucho Hernandez, ex Watford striker who typically managed to score against us in one of his few appearances for them.

That's all probably not saying much though. The MLS is all over the place quality wise and Charlotte, Dean Smith's current team, drew with them recently, and Charlotte on a global quality standard aren't much - Ashley Westwood is their best player, their starting right back spent his career in League 1... Columbus are arguably one of the best tests we can give ourselves from the MLS but how much that's a test is up for debate. They are match fit though, they're midseason, just about to start a cup tournament they do during a midseason break.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So this is a list of the highest valued Columbus players...

Hernandez used to play at Watford, Rossi is ex Fenerbahçe.

image.thumb.png.aba312e8b1dbc1870af66109d71196f5.png

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â