USA Tour: Columbus Crew - July 28 01:00

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'm concerned about Illing-Junior - I hope there's a lot more to come, but at this point I've not seen anything to get excited about. 

He had some good moments in this half. But he definitely seems like a player that needs to play off a striker like ollie instead of one like Archer. Where he can use his pace and physicality running in behind on passes through to him. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm concerned about Illing-Junior - I hope there's a lot more to come, but at this point I've not seen anything to get excited about. 

Did you know see his 5 things video? 👀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Ridiculous that Nedelejkovic is only 18. He’s gonna be some player for us.

Yes, and with Maatsen playing on the other side and Konsa back in at RB… that’s a decent defensive unit 

Costa and Enzo really do look good. 

Bailey and Rodgers are the stars. 

Pretty poor from 3 of the back 4. Keeper has been fine. 

Barkley and Iling Jr look really rusty. Good finish from Archer but he doesn’t do much else. 

Thankfully that whole midfield will not be main starters for us in the main campaign. MID-DEF needs sorting asap only a friendly though 

Barrenechea looks a limited player as it stands and doesn’t look confident to try anything  

Barkley has given the ball away too often leading to huge chances (not just this game also)

Illing Jr needs to get involved more not effective enough

Feeney shown his not at the level required yet but hopefully with coaching he gets there

Archer tidy finish but should be doing better with chance before that

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've thought the same so far. I'm not exactly sure what he has to offer. 

• Like 1

I wonder how much jetlag affects the players? Have been some sloppy play.

They're playing quite competitive for a preseason, just the right medicine.

7 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Positives:  Enzo and Kosta are clearly first team material. Rogers has definitely gone up a level.  Bailey continues to play like he did last season.

Only Kosta, because nothing has been shown for Enzo to be first team material as of yet 

Edited by RicRic

As mentioned, 2 clearly offside goals for them, 2 penalties not given for us ( a clear hand ball and Rogers being chopped down) in a friendly. Why our keeper didn't just come out and collect their 2nd, as it was 60/ 40 in the keepers favour.

All these things are learning points, I'm sure keeper positioning will be looked at and he will learn.

Been quite entertaining so far.

I'm going to try and stay awake for the 2nd half.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Thankfully that whole midfield will not be main starters for us in the main campaign. MID-DEF needs sorting asap only a friendly though 

Barrenechea looks a limited player as it stands and doesn’t look confident to try anything  

Barkley has given the ball away too often leading to huge chances (not just this game also)

Illing Jr needs to get involved more not effective enough

Feeney shown his not at the level required yet but hopefully with coaching he gets there

Archer tidy finish but should be doing better with chance before that

Barrenechea had a really good cross that got turned away for a corner. And he's had 2 nice shots in the previous games. 

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

As mentioned, 2 clearly offside goals for them, 2 penalties not given for us ( a clear hand ball and Rogers being chopped down) in a friendly. Why our keeper didn't just come out and collect their 2nd, as it was 60/ 40 in the keepers favour.

All these things are learning points, I'm sure keeper positioning will be looked at and he will learn.

Been quite entertaining so far.

I'm going to try and stay awake for the 2nd half.

Were the offsides and penalties ‘clear’, though? I’m watching the Villa TV stream and there hasn’t been much in the way of replays, so assuming everyone’s watching the same feed, nothing has been ‘clear’.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â