USA Tour: Columbus Crew - July 28 01:00

Just now, pete101 said:

Question is, do I drink a bit more to completely forget this game by morning?

Why do you care so much? 

Great test, these lot are game and busy. It is so Aston Villa to give a really ordinary striker the night of his life and made them look a World beater though.

Rogers absolute class, not much from the rest. Barrenchea and Barkley tidy but both with big mistakes, Bailey trying to take on the World. Pau all over the shop, Feeney half a yard off it, but chucked in the deep end and hing out to dry by team mates more than once. Gauci partly at fault for number 2, not exactly a big personality on this showing.

Who cares, this is basically the rags, get fit beat West Ham.

Edited by AndyClarke

On the balance of chances it's been more or less even, can't do much about Columbus Crew having the best player of all time knocking about.

• Haha 3

Probably not gonna stay up for the second half. The defence is all over the place but look at the personnel and it’s not surprising,  we’ve looked neat and tidy at times, Bailey was excellent for the goal and I half expect Unai to make 11 substitutions.  

I’d like to know how many of the goals they scored are actually offside. 

The way we play relies so much on an assistant who raises the flag. Without VAR it’s a bit of a joke. 

• Like 2

Just now, Herman22 said:

I’d like to know how many of the goals they scored are actually offside. 

The way we play relies so much on an assistant who raises the flag. Without VAR it’s a bit of a joke. 

The second one definitely wasn't offside, I'm not sure on the other two, would like to see them again - but none of them, to me at least, looked like an obvious error by an official.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of individuals, I can't help but keep picking out Nedlejkovic; he's confident, strong on the ball, gets his head up, can defend, is competitive, a good size, quick, he looks a really superb prospect who fits right into the first team - which considering he's three years younger than Louie Barry and only a month older than Rory Wilson is even more impressive. We've got a really, really good one here.

Yep once his touch whilst dribbling is dialed in a little tighter he's going to be superb going forward. He likes to take it inside but the touch doing it is a little heavy. 

Needs to be a little less aggressive and have better awareness defensively. 

But that's the same as cash. 

Considering they’re mid-season and we’re far from full strength, we pretty much ran that half. They just defended very well, pressed high and punished our high line with the benefit of not having VAR. Cucho looks a sharp finisher too.

The result doesn’t matter, it’s not going to be reflective of our season. It’s the ideal game for fitness and gelling.

1 minute ago, bose said:

Ridiculous that Nedelejkovic is only 18. He’s gonna be some player for us.

Hes clearly head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch live, I can say that. He and Rogers 

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We can still win this. Keep the faith

I appreciate that you’re passionate and want to win, deep down we all do, but it really doesn’t matter. The game is fulfilling it’s purpose regardless of the result, which is the important thing.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â