Borussia Dortmund - August 10 16:00

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

And a significant chunk of our goals came from building up from the back.

Live by the sword, die by it. 

The worrying thing is we seem to have lost the cutting edge to our attack since about 10 games before the end of the season. 

I'm not remotely trying to say we need to stop it. 

But sometimes it is OK to put your foot through it and I think we need to recognise that more. 

Just now, grantholtgolazo said:

Torres not at his best today 

we are allowing him to get isolated, no movement and nobody is showing for passes, its not entirely ihs fault tbh.

Just now, sidcow said:

I'm not remotely trying to say we need to stop it. 

But sometimes it is OK to put your foot through it and I think we need to recognise that more. 

Yeah I get that. But the best openings tend to come from the situations when you really tempt the midfielders and forwards in to a chance of getting the ball that they just miss.  It's a really fine balancing act and that time you hoof it long could have been the time you tempted their midfield that little bit too far forward and created a space that you then totally bypass.

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I feel like thats just a phrasing to sound less bombastic

It’s a rhetorical trick to make a sentence sound like an emotion rather than an opinion, with the consequence that correcting them is suddenly attacking their feelings.

(You’d know I’m a teacher, wouldn’t you?)

On this game, a bit of a schooling today will make us more careful next week. Torres won’t lose the ball so easily. Youri won’t make a challenge like that.

• Like 1

Just now, string28 said:

We look way off lets hope we are more fit by next week 😂 

we are playing one of the recent champions league finalists......

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â