Borussia Dortmund - August 10 16:00

11 minutes ago, birdman said:

Why wasn't Ollie involved today anyone know?

It’s a mystery. He was back in training this week. The journos will be I interrogating Unai about it so I’m intrigued to hear what he says.

I'm confused by the extend of the reactions, game doesn't mean anything, it's a pre-season friendly, we will have such games in the seaosn proper, as we do every season, and so does every team, those games won't mean much in isolation, we haven't suddenly turned into world beaters just because we finished fourth

Last friendly of 2019 we beat beat RB Leipzig 3-1, they had just finished third, so they had had a better season than Dortmund have just had, and they also finished third again the following season, whereas we only survied on the last day

Also are people forgetting we only just beat Bilbao 3-2, who last season had just as good a season in La Liga as Dortmund had in Bundesliga, Bilbao actually won the Copa Del Rey as well, but not too much can be read into either game

It was always going to be hard to follow up last season, but pre-season tells the least about how we will actually fare in reality

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

It’s a mystery. He was back in training this week. The journos will be I interrogating Unai about it so I’m intrigued to hear what he says.

Cheers. Weird not to be involved in any pre season games. Concerning ngl.

• Like 1

Think we should just wait till the season starts first, you add Ollie to our starting line up & things will be better, alot better everybody got plenty of minutes & most of all no injuries through pre season. Dortmund are amongst the best teams in the world at pressing ... & yep think we struggled today, but let's not forget Dougie has gone & Kamara is still injured so it's players stepping in to learn how we play & it will take time. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I'm surprised how hostile the Dortmund fans are being. Booing our players all the time. Any particular reason?

Creating a hostile atmosphere for the opposition.

Quite normal in european stadiums

• Like 3

I feel like Unai is the type of manager who will gain far more from some pre-season defeats than wins. He's not a streaky manager who relies on high confidence and putting long runs together. And at the end of the day we're still dealing with two crucial injuries (Mings and Kamara).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Happy clappers.... We've just finished 4th and qualified for the champions league, a pretty poor pre-season, granted.

How about bed wetters, or doom mongers, etc etc.,

We've got the best manager we've had in 20/30+ years and he's barely put a foot wrong.

Early days, I back him to get it right.

Yes. The ones who refuse to allow posters to say anything remotely negative about the team. It hasn’t been a convincing pre season. We were poor for a fair amount of the second part of last season. And, this transfer window (so far) hasn’t seen us improve the starting 11, really. 

20 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Tough for the happy clappers to back today’s performance. One week until the league starts and we look bloody awful. This season I get the impression we are going to concede a lot of goals and struggle to score… not a great recipe for success. 

The saving grace at the moment is that we haven’t played what should be the main starting 11 yet. So there is still hope that we can actually play well. 

We also need to shift players and recruit. Quickly. 

Most weeks last season in our race with Spurs you were saying we wouldn't finish 4th, so sorry your judgement is off. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Not at all but the result is. Unai and the team will learn plenty. 

I would also point out that whilst I agree about momentum going into the season has value, how many times have we had a good preseason amd people have got overly excited about the up coming season, only to see it all come tumbling down once the season starts for real?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â