Borussia Dortmund - August 10 16:00

46 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Took me about 20 goes but she went eventually.

Try creating a profile first just on their site not via villa. Add in all your info to it.

Then go back to avfc site and use the link.

Im sorted now cheers....

1 hour ago, Dillon66 said:

Steve Gough (Premier Travel) running a coach over, but think they're basing themselves in Cologne as apparently not much to do in Dortmund ? (I've not been to either so can't comment).

id say that year cologne is a better city than dortmund but having lived in cologne its not really good for me so I'll be staying in dortmund

the only thing I would say about cologne is that a lot of people I work with that go there find it a strange city for drinking, they drink late, if you get back from the game and drink in the sun and then try and hit bars around say 8pm expecting the night to start to get lively you'll wonder why its a ghost town, the rest of the city will start coming out after midnight and then party until 7am, most people I speak to think its a boring city but its not its just 4 or 5 hours behind the English drinking habits

and all shops in Germany are closed on Sundays, bars and restaurants will be open but all the shops will be shut

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

id say that year cologne is a better city than dortmund but having lived in cologne its not really good for me so I'll be staying in dortmund

the only thing I would say about cologne is that a lot of people I work with that go there find it a strange city for drinking, they drink late, if you get back from the game and drink in the sun and then try and hit bars around say 8pm expecting the night to start to get lively you'll wonder why its a ghost town, the rest of the city will start coming out after midnight and then party until 7am, most people I speak to think its a boring city but its not its just 4 or 5 hours behind the English drinking habits

and all shops in Germany are closed on Sundays, bars and restaurants will be open but all the shops will be shut

Cheers mate, thanks for the insight. Me and a mate both got tickets (eventually!) but still undecided on final plans.

3 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

Steve Gough (Premier Travel) running a coach over, but think they're basing themselves in Cologne as apparently not much to do in Dortmund ? (I've not been to either so can't comment).

Where do you find this? It's looking practically impossible at the moment!

4 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Where do you find this? It's looking practically impossible at the moment!

Steve (Premier Travel) contact number : 07712 653356, he'll give you the info and price.

• Thanks 1

Tickets sorted. Flight sorted to Köln. Hotel in Köln. Apparently train to Dortmund isn't too tricky.

So my first European away game, even if it is only a friendly! Taking the (adult) nephew so any tips for Köln/ Dortmund are appreciated!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Tickets sorted. Flight sorted to Köln. Hotel in Köln. Apparently train to Dortmund isn't too tricky.

So my first European away game, even if it is only a friendly! Taking the (adult) nephew so any tips for Köln/ Dortmund are appreciated!

How long you over for?

Edit - and the first and most important piece of advice when drinking in Germany - steins are shit, stay away from them 

Edited by villa4europe

Doing Friday to Monday, I'm a teacher and nephew has got holiday to use - made it more relaxed and cheaper with flights.

Noted!! Haven't been to Germany in ten years and that was a driving/camping holiday so didn't drink on the two days I was there.

All the shops and what have you will be shut on the Sunday, restaurants and bars are open 

I only really know cologne as my wife used to live there, was there last weekend, depends on where you're staying obviously, easy to find tourist bars are behind the dom / train station just round on the river by st martins church, the easiest to find party area is the Belgian quarter, I'm pretty sure it's aachenstrasse but if you walk from the Fred Perry shop over the big main road the bars start to pick up there, if you want somewhere a bit more cologne but still vibrant go get some Turkish food on venlostrasse, really busy area and you should try kebab while you're there, the Belgian quarter also has a few very good record shops 

the city is good, loads of little pockets everywhere, really vibrant but as I said before it starts late there, if you hit town say 6pm Friday night in the sunshine waiting for things to get lively you could find yourself waiting a long time 

Drink the kolsch, lots of it, try this if you see it too, other kolschs you can get around the country (and Sainsbury's) but this seems to be cologne only 

Gaffel-Wiess-Flasche-Dose-Seidel.png

• Thanks 1

Staying at the Maritim Hotel which is fairly central I believe so should be a good base. Cheers for the info, suppose I should put this in Travel rather than the match thread though!!

On 17/07/2024 at 22:11, villa4europe said:

All the shops and what have you will be shut on the Sunday, restaurants and bars are open 

I only really know cologne as my wife used to live there, was there last weekend, depends on where you're staying obviously, easy to find tourist bars are behind the dom / train station just round on the river by st martins church, the easiest to find party area is the Belgian quarter, I'm pretty sure it's aachenstrasse but if you walk from the Fred Perry shop over the big main road the bars start to pick up there, if you want somewhere a bit more cologne but still vibrant go get some Turkish food on venlostrasse, really busy area and you should try kebab while you're there, the Belgian quarter also has a few very good record shops 

the city is good, loads of little pockets everywhere, really vibrant but as I said before it starts late there, if you hit town say 6pm Friday night in the sunshine waiting for things to get lively you could find yourself waiting a long time 

Drink the kolsch, lots of it, try this if you see it too, other kolschs you can get around the country (and Sainsbury's) but this seems to be cologne only 

Gaffel-Wiess-Flasche-Dose-Seidel.png

Wait they have Kolsch in Sainsbury's?

• 2 weeks later...

I’d really like to see:

Emi

Ned Konsa Pau Digne

McGinn Onana Tielemans Rogers

Bailey Watkins

With Maatsen, Ramsey, JPB, Barkley, Cash, Carlos, Duran, Enzo, Buendia, Bogarde getting minutes. Squad depth looking much better this season. Get some much needed luck with injuries and we are good to go (apart from a much needed cb and potentially Felix!)

Predicted team:

Emi

Cash, Konsa, Pau, Maatsen

Bailey, Onana, Tielemans, McGinn

Rogers, Watkins 

I hate McGinn on the left and I really hope he never plays there this season, including on Sat and at West Ham.

I think Emery will want him in the team and it's the only place he can fit right now.

I'd even rather he played up behind Ollie and Rogers was wide left.

Edited by Tomaszk

On 01/08/2024 at 14:56, AVTuco said:

Let's hope this won't be a trashing.

Well Dortmund slaughtered by a Thai team last week so we will probably keep it respectable as a friendly

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â