Borussia Dortmund - August 10 16:00

I see plenty of positives to take from this game so far. We invited a lot of pressure, and our players are being asked to play through it. Gives us a lot of practice and sharpen us for the season. 

There's been plenty of great patterns of play, that doesn't come off just yet, but it looks very positive. 

• Like 2

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Let’s wack this in here too.

We’re in course to have lost 4 out of 5 games following on from a poor end to the season. When are people actually allowed to voice concerns without being told they’re melting down or bed wetting. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Don't believe the champions league hype.

We were wildly inconsistent last season and conceded a ton of goals

We are far off a team like Dortmund. Long way to go still before we reach this level

The table never lies. 

I just hope this game acts as a wake up call to go and sign quality like Geertruida and Felix.

Lose this and we’ve lost more games than we’ve won in preseason despite only playing 2 decent teams (Leipzig and Dortmund).

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

We’re in course to have lost 4 out of 5 games following on from a poor end to the season. When are people actually allowed to voice concerns without being told they’re melting down or bed wetting. 

Yeah, do what you like pal—I don’t care. 
I’ll also post what I like. 👌👋

We usually struggle against sides who press high and do it well, it’s clearly a weak point for us. Our slow build up style works against most teams but when we’re faced with a side which fully commits the whole team the press and counter press our slowness can be exploited. Thankfully I don’t think there are many sides who properly do it, Newcastle and Liverpool probably the main ones

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Don't believe the champions league hype.

We were wildly inconsistent last season and conceded a ton of goals

We are far off a team like Dortmund. Long way to go still before we reach this level

It may be tough to take for some, but Dortmund are still currrently  on a higher level than Villa in most ways. Prem money included.

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yeah, do what you like pal—I don’t care. 
I’ll also post what I like. 👌👋

Er, it wasn’t a dig at you but the account that posted it. No need to be shirty.

Just now, MaVilla said:

we dont press well.

I know emery's tactics generally dont press much, but when we do try to, it looks very disjointed.

Exactly and when you compare it with how they press—night and day.

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I totally agree with him, to be fair.

Ok, everything’s rosy. We’ve improved the team, we’ll do ourselves proud in the Champions League and finish 4th again. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â