Borussia Dortmund - August 10 16:00

Just now, MaVilla said:

the press, energy, composure, passing etc Dortmund are showing is elite, they were a champs league finalist last year.

its a tough watch i agree, but im not sure we will come against a better pressing team than these any time soon.

Funny some said on here that when Dortmund got to the CL final that we were a better team 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

From watching the first 30 minutes we look slow predictable and just so pedestrian.

Yea dortmund are better than us but man that was a really bad performance. My early concerns at the sales of some key players and not replacing them thus far is a abit of a worry

this, we look like a pub side comparitively

After that first half I may change my prediction for this season from 7th to 9th or 10th. Really concerning with only a week to go. I thought Watkins would be a miss but our attack looks horrible and we still can’t play around a strong press.

I’d be getting Bailey, Maatsen, Buendia, Barkley and probably Archer on in the 2nd half. 

Not great, adjusting to a system without Luiz is taking time. Feel we would be better with Watkins in his familiar role and Bailey in his. Roger’s is better when playing second striker. 

Onana and Tielemans looked passengers and ineffective. Work needed there.

Nedelkovich needs to take his throws more quickly.

Why is Martinez persisting in passing out to Pau when he is closed down immediately every time. 4 or 5 times that has resulted in the same close out and losing possession.

Refs from their back room staff too isn’t he?

2 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Dortmund YouTube channel with the most ominous HT interlude music I’ve heard

lol yeah the base is making my desk vibrate

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i have been a bit surprised to not see maatsen feature more alongside they players we know will be in a starting back 4.

doesnt make sense to spend nearly 40m on a left back if they arent gonna be a starter.

maybe he will be at some point, but just needs more time to settle, anyways, i guess my point is that 37.5m is a lot to spend on a player who doesnt come straight in to the 11, considering where we are as a team.

I went to the Athletico game midweek, Digne played first half, Maatsen most of, if not all of the second. Digne was better. Maatsen looked pretty average. He’s clearly still adapting. 

I agree that it was a large amount of money to spend on a position where we already have our best depth.

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

After that first half I may change my prediction for this season from 7th to 9th or 10th. Really concerning with only a week to go. I thought Watkins would be a miss but our attack looks horrible and we still can’t play around a strong press.

I’d be getting Bailey, Maatsen, Buendia, Barkley and probably Archer on in the 2nd half. 

I think it wound be unfair to sub Philogene. He's been in space numerous times but nobody ever passed him the damn ball. 

One thing I’d like to see from Pau is better movement after passing to the wing. He can see that the passing lanes are blocked, no midfielders showing for the ball, instead of passing and staying stagnant, pass and move knowing it’s likely to be recycled back to him

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I went to the Athletico game midweek, Digne played first half, Maatsen most of, if not all of the second. Digne was better. Maatsen looked pretty average. He’s clearly still adapting. 

I agree that it was a large amount of money to spend on a position where we already have our best depth.

Kill me now.

• Haha 2

Meh, first goal looked offside and dubious whether even a penalty anyway, don’t know what Pau was doing for the second, total brainfart.

Struggling to get much going forward but this is a top side we’re up against.

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I think it wound be unfair to sub Philogene. He's been in space numerous times but nobody ever passed him the damn ball. 

Been a bit quiet but did well for Ramsey’s chance. 

I wonder whether our defensive tactics are being applied too rigidly? We appear to keep the ball in play even when it's suicidal to do so.

Cash and Torres have cost us goals in back to back games by trying to keep the ball in play in very dangerous areas. Heading (Cash) or kicking (Torres) the ball out was clearly the only sensible option both times.

We can't afford to do this in the Premier League. 

I'm seeing the same problem as last season conceding poor goals , we're not coping with press. Up to now we lost 2 important players in our squad basically played every game and have not replaced them.

• Like 1

Don't believe the champions league hype.

We were wildly inconsistent last season and conceded a ton of goals

We are far off a team like Dortmund. Long way to go still before we reach this level

Edited by Pinebro

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â