Borussia Dortmund - August 10 16:00

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

We’ve had a whole summer to sort out the problem areas and not done anything. Signed a left back who isn’t starting over Digne by the looks of things and our attack looks shocking and we still haven’t signed an attacker while selling Diaby and Luiz.

It’s a shambles frankly going into our first CL campaign.

We didn’t sign Maatsen to be back up did we? Use some common sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Too much change and too much wheeling and dealing.

We had clear issues at the end of last season. We have not fixed them and rotated too much of what was working elsewhere in the squad 

Always a concern with high levels of turnover. However bad we were at the end of the season, it was largely only because of Kamara missing from our midfield. If we'd signed Onana and kept Luiz we'd be on. 

Unfortunately PSR exists and is killing competition in the PL

Just now, Leeroy said:

We’ve had a whole summer to sort out the problem areas and not done anything. Signed a left back who isn’t starting over Digne by the looks of things and our attack looks shocking and we still haven’t signed an attacker while selling Diaby and Luiz.

End of the window I'd love to hear Emery/Monchi's point of view regarding signings, problem areas etc. We'll never get those insights though.

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I know it's preseason, but we've looked really poor at times. Has me a bit concerned for the upcoming season. 

We look noticeably weaker than we were last season. 

We've West Ham next Saturday and we look anything but prepared for a first game away at a ground we generally do dogshit at.

Dortmund are just on a completely different level to us, and their press is insane.

Also, i dont see why people are laying all the blame on Pau, he is our main outlet and he is being given the ball, but nobody is showing for the ball and we are leaving him isolated, then when he does make a pass the pers who receives it, cant keep the ball for more than 2 seconds before lsing it also, or passing it to the opposition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

To me, exactly the same thing is evident as it was last year, we want to play out from the back but we struggle under a high press and so we end up sitting deeper and deeper.

Although that second goal had nothing to do with playing out from the back and everything to do with not being strong enough on the ball and concentrating having won it in our own penalty area.

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Ah well, at least you can sit on your pedestal knowing you were right 🥱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Don’t worry lads, it can’t be as bad as losing to Newcastle 5-0 last season 

Maybe, but we looked good last pre-season and then Newcastle was sobering, followed by a big reaction.

We don't look good this pre-season. It's a big difference Vs last year

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â