CB Torres/Carlos/Mings/Feeney/Swinkels

LB Digne/Moreno/Sousa/Munroe

CM Barkley/Barrenechea/Bogarde/Dendoncker

ACM Ramsey/Buendia/O'Reilly

FW Bailey/Diaby/Rogers/Dobbin/Archer/Barry/Young

That's a strong team. Looks like Hause is there too

Edited by Pongo Waring

On 02/07/2024 at 13:16, OutByEaster? said:

Who are we not expecting to see here for this one?

Martinez, Maatsen, Konsa, Tielemans, Watkins and maybe McGinn will all be getting a bit of extra time off because of their international commitments I'd have thought.

Kamara will definitely be out and I guess it'll be wait and see on Mings and Buendia.

Anyone at the Olympics or U19 Euros? Has Gauci been playing international football in Australia?

I think what excites more about preseason is the new players and the younger ones. This season we have so far 5 new players, although one of them for the second time. We could also add Kosta. Although Maatsen won’t feature but I’d say he’s the most known out of them. Then you got some of our youngsters such as Young. Last season Kellyman showed his potential and helped us getting 18m. 

• Like 1

Albert Adomah was a trialist for Walsall today at Alvechurch and played well by all accounts. 36 now but still was a regular sub for QPR so imagine he'll get a deal from them and a tremendous reception from our 4k fans on Wednesday.

• Like 3

The good thing about having a couple of early friendlies whilst we've got key players out/away is getting a good look at some of the youth in those positions - Gauci, Sinisalo, Feeney, Bogarde, Dobbin, Barry, Wilson will probably all get decent minutes in the next week or two.

It's often more interesting with pre-season games when you look at who isn't involved... 👀

18 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

The good thing about having a couple of early friendlies whilst we've got key players out/away is getting a good look at some of the youth in those positions - Gauci, Sinisalo, Feeney, Bogarde, Dobbin, Barry, Wilson will probably all get decent minutes in the next week or two.

It's often more interesting with pre-season games when you look at who isn't involved... 👀

Absolutely, Love talent spotting, I remember years ago at Walsall for the 1st half I thought the tall blonde chap was Martin Laursen, Wasn't till we turned round in the 2nd half it was an unknown Nathan Baker making his 1st team appearance same with Barry and Vassel, You just know they are going to have a career in the game 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Albert Adomah was a trialist for Walsall today at Alvechurch and played well by all accounts. 36 now but still was a regular sub for QPR so imagine he'll get a deal from them and a tremendous reception from our 4k fans on Wednesday.

Would love that. He was such a fun player for us after the absolute bilge of the late lerner years. 

• Like 2

When do Emi, Ezri and Ollie come back? I presume they have some time off now before returning? What about SJM might he be back soon , maybe this week?

On 07/07/2024 at 07:55, OutByEaster? said:

So for this one, a squad of maybe:

GK Olsen/Gauci/Sinisalo

RB Cash/Nedeljkovic/KKH

CB Torres/Carlos/Mings/Feeney/Swinkels

LB Digne/Moreno/Sousa/Munroe

CM Barkley/Barrenechea/Bogarde/Dendoncker

ACM Ramsey/Buendia/O'Reilly

FW Bailey/Diaby/Rogers/Dobbin/Archer/Barry/Young

You forgot Iling-junior! 

3 minutes ago, Hev said:

When do Emi, Ezri and Ollie come back? I presume they have some time off now before returning? What about SJM might he be back soon , maybe this week?

I’d imagine anyone who played at the euros and copa won’t play until America, possibly. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t play out there either to be honest - probs important that they are there for team building etc though. 

They all should get a month off but more likely three weeks so think we'll see them for whoever we're playing on August 10th, week before the season starts.

When you've just played a summer tournament you don't need a pre season to get fit again so just 10 days to get back into our rhythm and they'll be good to go.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â