Aidan Borland

useless

I thought he was close to exceptional, used the ball well, had good movement, and showed some tenacity, very mature player for his age. Basically played like he does for the U21s, which considering the step up, is good going.

• Like 1

Like many are saying, I was really impressed by how well he protected the ball. Considering all the League 1 players seem to spend most of their time in the gym (it was curious to see the physical difference between Wycombe's players and our own!) I thought this lad did a great job of holding onto possession; wriggling away from challenges etc. That break right near the end where he carried the ball forward showed potential, too.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

Don't recall him giving the ball away in his cameo. Completed a lot of passes, kept it simple, but also helped us progress the ball. A really impressive performance given how shaky the rest of the midfield had looked all game.

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Don't recall him giving the ball away in his cameo. Completed a lot of passes, kept it simple, but also helped us progress the ball. A really impressive performance given how shaky the rest of the midfield had looked all game.

Think he had one cavalier pass where it was intended for Barkley or Maatsen and he played it behind them and nearly let in there winger. That aside, he gave a great account of himself for his age and has a real Barry Bannan look about him 🙂

Premier league giants apparently 

ONLY a year ago he was training with the youths at Celtic.

Fast forward to now and he has made his professional debut for a Premier League giant - as a replacement for their £50m summer signing.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13590458/celtic-wonderkid-aidan-borland-debut-aston-villa/

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Can't believe he's been training with the first team since March - I feel like I know a lot of the under 21s but had never heard of this guy. 

He's our captain in all the summer youth tournaments I watched on YouTube. Very tidy player. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â