Baseball 2024

On 25/06/2024 at 06:38, choffer said:

Going to a Braves game next week. What do I need to know so I don't sound completely clueless?

Was tonight your game? Giants win,  that’s 6 of last 8 👍👍

38 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Was tonight your game? Giants win,  that’s 6 of last 8 👍👍

Yep. Was a fun experience but I’m not made for that heat. 

11 minutes ago, choffer said:

Yep. Was a fun experience but I’m not made for that heat. 

Yeah, it’s an issue. Brutal here as well, we’re gonna average 112 degrees per day here for at least the next week… and I came home from SF with COVID. Good times 🙄

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Yeah, it’s an issue. Brutal here as well, we’re gonna average 112 degrees per day here for at least the next week… and I came home from SF with COVID. Good times 🙄

Hope you kick it soon. Seems to be making a resurgence. 

On 25/06/2024 at 12:44, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Please don’t do the chop, to non Braves (non Florida State) fans and most Native Americans it’s pretty offensive.

Amazed at how much this was a feature of fan participation. Even the woolly liberal friends we were with joined in at every opportunity. 
Apparently the Braves have a very positive and ongoing dialogue with local tribal leaders. I suspect it goes something like “please stop demeaning our culture” followed by “we hear you, we understand how you find it offensive but we are not going to change”. 
Part of their argument seems to be that they put up a plaque “honouring” the Cherokee tribe. Yep, that’ll do it. A token plaque. 
Absolutely baffling to me as an outsider. 

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Amazed at how much this was a feature of fan participation. Even the woolly liberal friends we were with joined in at every opportunity. 
Apparently the Braves have a very positive and ongoing dialogue with local tribal leaders. I suspect it goes something like “please stop demeaning our culture” followed by “we hear you, we understand how you find it offensive but we are not going to change”. 
Part of their argument seems to be that they put up a plaque “honouring” the Cherokee tribe. Yep, that’ll do it. A token plaque. 
Absolutely baffling to me as an outsider. 

Absolutely baffling to me as well 

• 4 weeks later...

Blake Snell of my Giants threw a no-hitter tonight and made it look easy! He’s been on a roll over his last 4-5 starts after coming off the Injured List. Looking every bit like the ace he’s paid to be 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

• 1 month later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â