Spotify - an online music service

bickster

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, sne said:

Sued for £1 billion by Sosa Entertainment and sister company Pro Music Rights.

For removing their product from the platform :crylaugh:

Good luck with that one... They are making the claim for loss of revenue because Spotify blanket removed their product and are claiming they've lost 550 million streams as a result

Spotify removed the streams because it thought the product streams had been deliberately manipulated. In other words they are claiming that Sosa were deliberately boosting the plays to gain extra revenue.

Could be a hilarious case to watch but it's not the sort of case people might have hoped for

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

For removing their product from the platform :crylaugh:

Good luck with that one... They are making the claim for loss of revenue because Spotify blanket removed their product and are claiming they've lost 550 million streams as a result

Spotify removed the streams because it thought the product streams had been deliberately manipulated. In other words they are claiming that Sosa were deliberately boosting the plays to gain extra revenue.

Could be a hilarious case to watch but it's not the sort of case people might have hoped for

Yeah, I don't see them having much luck there :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was utterly misleading. When I'm insomniac (which is most nights), I often put on a 'quiet jazz' playlist at low volume, for its soporific qualities. It's several hours and hundreds of tracks long, but if I'm lucky, I don't hear more than half an hour's worth  before I drift off. The rest of it plays on to the finish. So my 2019 'chart' consists of loads of obscurities, which I have no clue about. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Mine was utterly misleading. When I'm insomniac (which is most nights), I often put on a 'quiet jazz' playlist at low volume, for its soporific qualities. It's several hours and hundreds of tracks long, but if I'm lucky, I don't hear more than half an hour's worth  before I drift off. The rest of it plays on to the finish. So my 2019 'chart' consists of loads of obscurities, which I have no clue about. 

Mines very misleading too, it always is. I use Spotify as in-car radio a lot of the time. I don't want to be choosing the music, I let Spottily do it's thing so I'm not actually 100% choosing this music

I know this will surprise everyone now. Top artist for me this and every year since 2011: Queen

I know, I know, you can't really believe it, but Spotify says it's true.

Top song 2019: The headless children- W.A.S.P.

Probably more expected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/12/2019 at 14:43, mjmooney said:

I'm convinced it makes mistakes too.

My top 100 songs of 2019 contained a song that I know for a fact I only played once last year (at a party for a very specific reason)

So unless I only listened to 99 other songs it can't be in my top 100 list

Edited by Stevo985

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm convinced it makes mistakes too.

My top 100 songs of 2019 contained a song that I know for a fact I only played once last year (at a party for a very specific reason)

So unless I only listened to 99 other songs it can't be in my top 100 list

It's also nonsense if you listen to the tailored for you playlists. It thinks I like Fontaines DC because it keeps playing them to me, I'm not really a big fan but I don't dislike them enough most of the time to skip the track in time for it not to count.

It would be more representative if they ruled out all plays from the tailored playlists

• 4 months later...

I have a Premium Family account and over the past few months I have noticed these full screen recommended ads. Of course it should be ad free as its a premium account. I complained and said they will pass it to the relevant department. Which is utter rubbish. 
I wonder if they are breaking any advertising standard by advertising ad free and displaying full screen ads. 
Related I assume they will be pushing Joe Rogan via this method in the future. 

I write down every song I listen to in a ledger and then add them up at the end of the Julian calendar year, using an abacus.

It’s a more authentic experience.

My top genre is ‘acoustic death disco biscuits’.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I write down every song I listen to in a ledger and then add them up at the end of the Julian calendar year, using an abacus.

It’s a more authentic experience.

My top genre is ‘acoustic death disco biscuits’.

You filthy casual.  Post-acoustic death disco biscuits is where the real action is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have a Premium Family account and over the past few months I have noticed these full screen recommended ads. Of course it should be ad free as its a premium account. I complained and said they will pass it to the relevant department. Which is utter rubbish. 
I wonder if they are breaking any advertising standard by advertising ad free and displaying full screen ads. 
Related I assume they will be pushing Joe Rogan via this method in the future. 

Weird. I have the family account and have never had this in the Android or Windows application. I'd be cancelling immediately if I saw an ad. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â