England v Brazil /England v Belgium

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Southgate 'as many attempts as them on goal' Christ...0.85xG VS 2.18xG...bloke is deluded.

We only had one shot in target didn't we? Can only remember the foden daisy cutter 

He won’t last 4 months in his next job. As soon as it’s announced I’ll put money on him being sacked.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

We only had one shot in target didn't we? Can only remember the foden daisy cutter 

I'm not sure to be honest. Flashscore does say four each. I can't remember many either. Gordon had one first half though actually. But it was a soft hit and hope from outside the area.

For right wing I'd have both Bowen and Palmer ahead of Foden. Starting to think Foden is a system player, does little to nothing for England.

• Like 1

Thought Konsa acquitted himself very well at RB but would have loved to see him play instead of Maguire at CB. Did himself no harm at all with his versatility though.

Watkins was ok but suffered from a total lack of service which leads me to England generally.

Maguire has no place in a modern pass and move international side and neither has Dunk. Konsa or someone like him is the way to go.

England didn’t create anything really all game. They have no playmaker to play through teams therefore rely on sideways movement to wide positions which is very predictable and easy to nullify.

This is concerning for the Euro’s and of course Maguire who really is an accident waiting to happen!

45 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Why wasn't their goal offside? The initial pass looked miles off....

Endrick is a mile offside from the initial pass, but is considered inactive as he's not part of the break that leads to the shot - when the shot happens he's onside and that's when he becomes active - it's the correct application of a really stupid rule.

• Like 3

Zero clear cut chances at home against a Brazil side with two CBs and keeper all winning their first cap? Gareth loves that, let's take the positives.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I didn’t see a second of it, did I miss much? 

At half time Clive Mendonca led a rendition of Baggy Trousers on a triangle.

• Haha 4

Roberto Martinez looks at Southgate with this team and considers him to be unable to utilize this much potential.

England should honestly do everything to get Klopp: he would absolutely go full-on-bore attack. And winning another title with him at the helm would burn German asses even more for having failed to get him.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

For right wing I'd have both Bowen and Palmer ahead of Foden. Starting to think Foden is a system player, does little to nothing for England.

Foden is way better than Palmer. I think he is a system player but still way better than Palmer and Bowen.

Palmer should really be nowhere near the England squad

28 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Roberto Martinez looks at Southgate with this team and considers him to be unable to utilize this much potential.

England should honestly do everything to get Klopp: he would absolutely go full-on-bore attack. And winning another title with him at the helm would burn German asses even more for having failed to get him.

I dont think Roberto Martinez has any opinion on this. He did nothing with a good Belgium team and will soon ruin a good Portugal team

Just now, Zatman said:

Foden is way better than Palmer. I think he is a system player but still way better than Palmer and Bowen.

Palmer should really be nowhere near the England squad

What makes you say that? As I remember you saying earlier in the season that Palmer does nothing but score penalties, yet here he is, with 19 PL goal contributions, and 28 in all comps. He's a quality player with composure, skill, intelligence and weight of pass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

What makes you say that? As I remember you saying earlier in the season that Palmer does nothing but score penalties, yet here he is, with 19 PL goal contributions, and 28 in all comps. He's a quality player with composure, skill, intelligence and weight of pass.

I still stand by it. Palmer stats look good through mainly penalties and set pieces but he doesnt impress me at all from the eye test

If was Spanish he be playing for the Chelsea level like Levante or similar

46 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

At half time Clive Mendonca led a rendition of Baggy Trousers on a triangle.

Don't be daft, if he had tried that, greedy Bellingham would have charged in and made it all about him. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â