Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

They've defended really well to be fair, we've had a couple of chances in the box where we'd usually find a clean shot and they've forced us into a contested shot or got a block in. I think we've had the better of it overall.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ollie not showing the confidence he has been recently.

The shot has been on for him a few times now 

And that weak foot leftie across the keeper I think is his most devastating finish tbh.

• Like 1

I think @JAMAICAN-VILLANis right. This wet turf is giving Ollie and Bailey problems. Plus Spurs are sticking their foot in at the perfect time, every time. It’s not easy for them today.

Gotta do something about Tielemans. His passing can be huge but he’s nonexistent right now.

Just now, Wurzel said:

Enjoyed that half. Two decent sides going head to head. Nothing in it.

It’s a fascinating game of chess. We’ve made some clever openings and had to work really hard also on their press. 

• Like 2

A battle of high tactical intrigue between two brilliantly coached teams. (Well beyond Don Goodman's footballing knowledge to understand as Sky's pundit.) Just hope that neither a mistake by a Villa player nor a match official decides it.

I really wish Ollie would have a crack with his left foot when it opens up for him. 

• Like 1