Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

32 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I had the email saying the money would be coming out at 5pm.

The email telling me this arrived at 5.20pm.

How is this considered acceptable?

Every other payment or DD i have sends me an email at least a week prior to tell me my payment is coming out, and these are payments I already know about. 

Villa send emails regularly about all sorts of shit, but can't seem to get the important ones right 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I meant to get into app you need signal which I don’t get around the ground 

Screen shot the ticket in the app and access that from your gallery, you don't need Internet access for that. it's only interested in the barcode. Make sure your screen brightness is set to high .

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, tinker said:

Screen shot the ticket in the app and access that from your gallery, you don't need Internet access for that. it's only interested in the barcode. Make sure your screen brightness is set to high .

You can't do that, and I'll prove why!

Open your ticket, look at the QR code. Keep looking at it. It changes. Regularly. So it is constantly expiring and renewing. That's why you need internet connection. As I understand it, the live scan is checked against the ticket provider as you scan so it has to be current.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

You can't do that, and I'll prove why!

Open your ticket, look at the QR code. Keep looking at it. It changes. Regularly. So it is constantly expiring and renewing. That's why you need internet connection. As I understand it, the live scan is checked against the ticket provider as you scan so it has to be current.

Mine doesn't,  I have a screen shot from when I brought the ticket and I'm comparing it to the one in my wallet and it's the same, can someone else screen shot then compare? 

46 minutes ago, tinker said:

Mine doesn't,  I have a screen shot from when I brought the ticket and I'm comparing it to the one in my wallet and it's the same, can someone else screen shot then compare? 

Why should you have to? 

12 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I had the email saying the money would be coming out at 5pm.

The email telling me this arrived at 5.20pm.

How is this considered acceptable?

Yes, I had this too though last time I checked (7pm last night) they still hadn't taken the money 

• Thanks 1

One of the guys I go with signed up for the Champions League scheme, but the payment didn’t come out. So he checked his account and he thinks he’s been taken off the cup scheme, and had to buy the ticket himself. So worth checking in to that if you haven’t had the payment taken yet. 

49 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

One of the guys I go with signed up for the Champions League scheme, but the payment didn’t come out. So he checked his account and he thinks he’s been taken off the cup scheme, and had to buy the ticket himself. So worth checking in to that if you haven’t had the payment taken yet. 

for the Bayern game, the payment took a few days to show for me. 

You can check if youre registered for the cup scheme by logging into avfc / clicking on your profile in the top right / clicking "Ticket Schemes"

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

for the Bayern game, the payment took a few days to show for me. 

You can check if youre registered for the cup scheme by logging into avfc / clicking on your profile in the top right / clicking "Ticket Schemes"

I registered for the cup scheme and payment was taken for the Bayern game. 
Having not had a payment taken for the Bologna game I’ve checked my account and i have an alert saying I need to confirm my cup scheme status. 

It won’t allow me to do so - like many others now I have to call the ticket office to find out what the issue is. 

Shambolic!!

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

I registered for the cup scheme and payment was taken for the Bayern game. 
Having not had a payment taken for the Bologna game I’ve checked my account and i have an alert saying I need to confirm my cup scheme status. 

It won’t allow me to do so - like many others now I have to call the ticket office to find out what the issue is. 

Shambolic!!

sounds like chaos, i understand the concern as the deadlines are tight and the comms are limited so its hard to really understand when you need to confirm tickets. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why should you have to? 

Some poster can't access there tickets through the wallet, or apples equivalent, without Internet access.... which is limited at Villa park with 1000's of people watching tic tok 😉

It's fair to say and not being a moaner when I say the ticketing system is archaic and cannot compete in 2024. Surely this needs an upgrade to a modern function system? I wonder if the ticketing manager even is aware or cares about the problems, and the solutions out there?

On Android when using Google Wallet the first page that shows your ticket detail does not work against the ticket machine on the turnstiles in The North Stand.

You have to scroll down and click show code for it to work.

Don't have that issue with any other ticket/pass/credit card in my Google Wallet.

Did not have that issue last year when buying cup tickets I could just bring up the ticket and scan no issues.

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

On Android when using Google Wallet the first page that shows your ticket detail does not work against the ticket machine on the turnstiles in The North Stand.

Don't have that issue with any other ticket/pass/credit card in my Google Wallet.

Did not have that issue last year when buying cup tickets I could just bring up the ticket and scan no issues.

at the Wolves game, they had staff positioned in the turnstiles, taking phones off people and doing this for them. I dont know if this was because the tech had failed or they just decided it was an easier way to move people through the queues. 

Previously id just tapped my phone on the reader.

On 22/09/2024 at 18:07, mikeyp102 said:

I had the same, my phone has auto updates on, but didn’t seem to work. Not sure once it’s in expired you can use it or have to delete and readd. Was very annoying trying to get signal and log into the app to resend to wallet 

I've forgotten to get my tickets from the app and had to walk away from the ground to get signal. It's just something always have to try and remember to do before getting to get ground.

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I didn't have to do this in the Holte. Just opened the ticket in the wallet and tapped. The person in front of me had the ticket open in the wallet but had to try about 5 times and then it worked with nothing being done differently.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â