Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

Also I can't remember if I auto enrolled into the champions league ticket scheme for ST holders. The emails when buying the ST don't mention it. Can't see anything on my login profile?

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

When do we have to buy our CL tickets by? I haven’t seen anything about it yet

You have from tomorrow until Monday to buy your own seat

• Thanks 1

On 04/09/2024 at 16:59, Tomaszk said:

I'd imagine these current Champions League prices will be the standard price.

I really hope not, any increase should be kept near the inflation rate after the CL pricing decision debacle. If these new corporate areas are popular, I wouldn't be surprised if a few more of us are moved from our seats though... :(

Heck’s plan is to turn as much of VP into corporate as possible and  keep sweating the fans. He doesn’t want as many ST holders as we currently have. It’s blatantly obvious and his comments re the importance of fans etc previously are extremely disingenuous.

The man needs to be shown in no uncertain terms at Everton that enough is enough. I hope someone lobs a cabbage at him. 

• Like 1

On 04/09/2024 at 13:55, turvontour said:

Has anyone come across anything that says there's a maximum amount of matches you can resell as a season ticket holder?

no and there won't be. they WANT you to resell your seat...as many as possible. they get £65+ for your seat but only pay you £30

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I am sure there are experts at marketing on here who can explain better than me.

If you have a product that is currently and suddenly successful and you want to make loads of money and you are not sure how much to charge, then I suppose you would do this....Increase the price constantly for your product until there is a "pinch point" at where customers decide enoughs enough, it's now too much, I am not paying that.

Well I am now currently at that "pinch point", first game at VP in 1968, when I was 10, saw them relegated to div 3, LC final v spuds in 1971, promotion from div 3, then LC final in 1975 v norwich, promotion to div 1 LC final 1977, etc etc

Now I am 66 and although I have been a ST holder for the past 10 years in the Upper Holte and qualify for over 66 discount, that "pinch point" has arrived. I might purchase a ticket for one of our home fixtures in the CL, just to say "I saw the Villa play in the CL", but that's it. 

Come the end of this season 2024/25, I am done, Heck has done his job, wrung me dry, I live the other side of Cambridge and it's a 200 mile round trip to VP for me, while that's not ideal, I am fed up of being treated as a cash cow, standing in puddles of piss, rubbish facilities and being treated as a second class supporter as I am a basic ST holder and despise the corporatisation of the Holte End.

I'm a bit younger than you, but old enough to have seen us lift a couple of cups in the dim and distant past, been there through all the shit years circling the drain and in the championship, and I think I'm exactly where you are. Only thing making me think twice is that we're doing exactly what Heck wants, he doesn't want our ilk at the ground.

• Sad 1

On 06/09/2024 at 07:54, delboy54 said:

I am sure there are experts at marketing on here who can explain better than me.

If you have a product that is currently and suddenly successful and you want to make loads of money and you are not sure how much to charge, then I suppose you would do this....Increase the price constantly for your product until there is a "pinch point" at where customers decide enoughs enough, it's now too much, I am not paying that.

Well I am now currently at that "pinch point", first game at VP in 1968, when I was 10, saw them relegated to div 3, LC final v spuds in 1971, promotion from div 3, then LC final in 1975 v norwich, promotion to div 1 LC final 1977, etc etc

Now I am 66 and although I have been a ST holder for the past 10 years in the Upper Holte and qualify for over 66 discount, that "pinch point" has arrived. I might purchase a ticket for one of our home fixtures in the CL, just to say "I saw the Villa play in the CL", but that's it. 

Come the end of this season 2024/25, I am done, Heck has done his job, wrung me dry, I live the other side of Cambridge and it's a 200 mile round trip to VP for me, while that's not ideal, I am fed up of being treated as a cash cow, standing in puddles of piss, rubbish facilities and being treated as a second class supporter as I am a basic ST holder and despise the corporatisation of the Holte End.

That is exactly where I'm at.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Seeing some strange old posts on social media regarding season ticket holders. That they should be grateful and that they are hogging tickets. I have held a season ticket since 1988 and as I've said before there have been many occasions I couldn't have given it away for games and during the later Lerner years I can also remember someone telling me I was part of the problem by still attending. I guess there is no bigger sign of how far we have come but this turning on sections of supporters by some, be that season ticket holders, those that go to the away games so have the booking history, those that have purchased GA+ or those that are choosing to make a stand against the ever increasing prices, it isn't nice to see supporters pointing the finger at each other. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Seeing some strange old posts on social media regarding season ticket holders. That they should be grateful and that they are hogging tickets. I have held a season ticket since 1988 and as I've said before there have been many occasions I couldn't have given it away for games and during the later Lerner years I can also remember someone telling me I was part of the problem by still attending. I guess there is no bigger sign of how far we have come but this turning on sections of supporters by some, be that season ticket holders, those that go to the away games so have the booking history, those that have purchased GA+ or those that are choosing to make a stand against the ever increasing prices, it isn't nice to see supporters pointing the finger at each other. 

The Club is causing this by not offering season tickets to people on the waiting list and turning them into GA+ instead.

But I don't recall anyone accusing me of hogging seats when we got relegated.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

For anyone still interested in the ‘seats that don’t exist’ debacle, I was contacted by the club on Friday to advise on booking tickets for Bayern Munich and an update on the situation.

In short the club had sold these seats as new seats, and intended to install seats where the current tv position is. The club did this in good faith that they could do this but as yet have not been able to. The reasons were not explained by the ticket office (I suspect they don’t actually know why), but those rows are still ‘under investigation’.

All affected have been asked to book other available seats for the Bayern game, we can still use the ST holder window so get the pick of non-ST seats. For the Everton game it is still undecided what will happen, if the seats are installed then no problems, if not then we should be contacted again this week. 

For what it’s worth (and just my opinion, not based on anything the club have said) I suspect there are wranglings between the club wanting to install seats and broadcasters not wanting to use the gantry. I can’t think what else would leave the club in such a position to not know whether they can offer those seats on the weekend, the only other alternative being lead time to install seats, but think that is less likely as we were asked to book alternative seats for a game in a month’s time. 

Could end up having quite a large effect on Villa for every fan this.

It could be a change to the camera 1 position which is the shot you see on TV for 90% of every match.

Always feels weird for a while when a team changes their camera 1, but you're not sure why.

We've changed sides a few times. Definitely used to be over in the Trinity Road stand mid 00s.

As a ST holder I was given the chance to purchase a Bayern Munich ticket, I decided not to buy one as I cannot justify the price.

As I intend to join in the demo on Saturday I dont want to feel like a hypocrite.

Out of the 4 home CL games I might go to one of them just to see what all the overhyped fuss, fireworks, music and bullsh$te is all about.

Does seem that the trajectory of corporate stuff and ever increasing costs for supporters to see the Villa is increasing at a higher rate than ever 😖

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â