Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

3 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

We were moved from L5 due to the realignment of the gangways according to the ticket office which we knew was BS. I’ve had the same seat from day 1 of the Holte being all seater.

As suspected my old seat was occupied by others that had been displaced from the Trinity. They can’t even be honest when alienating long standing fans.

The gangways have definitely been changed. Looking from above it looks like a lot of seats have been reconfigured around the vomitories and the gangways redesigned. If you weren't on a row level with the vomitories though, then I agree.

27 minutes ago, limpid said:

The gangways have definitely been changed. Looking from above it looks like a lot of seats have been reconfigured around the vomitories and the gangways redesigned. If you weren't on a row level with the vomitories though, then I agree.

Old seat still exists, same person in the seat that was next to mine. We were moved to accommodate some that were displaced, they can’t even be honest about it! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I sit in the central upper DE.

Today I was bemused as to why so many of what I initially thought were idiots were sitting in the wrong seats for a sell-put game, getting turfed out when the actual seat owners arrived (late,  because of the queues outside), moving to the wrong seats again and getting turfed out again.

Anyway, when 3 of these people ended up behind me I asked them what was going on.

When they were turfed out of their season ticket seats in the lower DE to make way for the 150 Club, they decided to move season ticket seats to the DE Upper.  These new seats are in row AA. Slight problem - you can't sit in row AA because that's where the cameras are so they've bought seats that don't exist. The stewards told them to just sit anywhere. 

Good work Villa!

I saw plenty of empty seats at the lower doug where the 150 are located...

• Like 2

Always had a nice walkway behind me in L2 then about halfway through the game I wondered why there was people so close behind me, then realised it had become a row of seats.

Was walking along Witton Road yday about 430 and knew that it would be chaos when I saw every turnstile having huge ques and no movement….a senior policeman took it upon himself to reassure everyone that they would all make it in on time, the game would be delayed if needed, don’t panic etc….stewards and security just stood there like lemons, no initiative or attempt to explain the situation to anybody….so it took ages getting through Witton Road and to the north stand upper entrance due to the mass of people, then it was the same situation there….fortunately they managed to get a few of the turnstiles closest to the players entrance open so I was in the ground before 5 and had Time for a pint

I’ve also been shifted left about 7 seats, I’m now pretty much bang in line with the corner flag and cannot see the lower tier of the away fans….the screen blocks out a large proportion of the upper too….view isn’t terrible but definitely preferred my previous seat 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I got there well after 5.00.

The queues were still massive.  From what I could see when people were just merrily tapping in it was pretty quick, but every 3rd person tried shoving their phone into the mouth of the reader like it was a paper ticket. They'd try it a couple of three times before someone told them just to tap it instead. 

I said to the security guard they should have big signs above each turnstile with instructions. He looked at me blankly. 

So there was (predictably) a lot of user error slowing the queues up. 

They should have attached a video with each ticket showing people how to use the ticket.

It ain't hard. 

Funny enough the opposite happened to me. I tried tapping it several times with no joy,  was then advised to put my phone into the mouth of the reader and then hay presto, I'm in! ;) 

I think a lot of fans arrived early in anticipation of chaos and that only added to the lengthy queues, caused by the late opening of the turnstiles. Things can only get better (hopefully). 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

It's interesting reading all this from the season ticket holders perspectives. It really feels like the club is indirectly trying to reduce the experience of STHs on a large scale. 

All can we do is vote with our feet, and then they replace our seats with more expensive individual match tickets or hospitality.

Five to ten years ago STH were essential to the club. It now feels like we're the least important.

Off to the Titanic exhibition today and I kind of have the analogy of us as STHs historically having the 1st or 2nd class type set up, but it's definitely shifted towards that 2nd or 3rd class experience now. 

That the one in the Luxor, Las Vegas? Went there last November, very moving…..especially seeing the hull of the ship and then all the personal Artefacts on display

Let's be honest, the club does the bare minimum to satisfy the fans, and the loyalty does not exist... there will always be someone else to snap the ticket up

(at least for now.....)

• Like 1

Yes there was some fancy new hospitality in the north stand upper now I come to think of it, “star” something or other, I can’t quite recall the name….terrible optics if it looked empty from the holte though, we already have enough people leaving early from the north stand when we’re a goal down 😂

• Like 1

I was in the Oak Room yesterday. The room was nicer than its predecessor, the Directors Club. But, the rest of the experience was no different to before, other than a fancier wine list and a gift. The club said they benchmarked the pricing versus other clubs, but they certainly haven’t benchmarked the experience against the other clubs of similar level packages. 

As others have said, if we don’t do well and also qualify for the CL again, next year will be a major problem for them, as pricing is not value as it is now. 

With regards to empty seats, the two new restaurants were not ready in the Doug Ellis, so all those people had to be relocated, and that’s why empty space there - although I don’t think I they were sold out either. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThornburyVilla said:

I was in the Oak Room yesterday. The room was nicer than its predecessor, the Directors Club. But, the rest of the experience was no different to before, other than a fancier wine list and a gift. The club said they benchmarked the pricing versus other clubs, but they certainly haven’t benchmarked the experience against the other clubs of similar level packages. 

As others have said, if we don’t do well and also qualify for the CL again, next year will be a major problem for them, as pricing is not value as it is now. 

With regards to empty seats, the two new restaurants were not ready in the Doug Ellis, so all those people had to be relocated, and that’s why empty space there - although I don’t think I they were sold out either. 

Totally agree & I think it will become a big problem if we don't at least maintain our current positions. 

14 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

I am one of those people - relocated to seats in row BB that do not exist as there are TV cameras there. There have not been seats there for years so I’m told so it is astonishingly bad how these were offered for sale. No contact from the club and we have been told to contact the club ourselves to sort new seats. I am really considering packing it in having been moved from the lower Doug to make way for a half-empty 150 club. 

But the accountants will tell us it is all for the best and it is the right thing.

I am a football fan, not an accountant and it isn't right.

• Like 4

Yes it makes sense that there were many Arsenal fans in the hospitality, they would find that cheap compared to the emirates pricing….lots of fancy motors on the m6 post-game yday, I remember what they were driving round Wembley that day when we lost 4-0 in FA cup final…..

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Yes there was some fancy new hospitality in the north stand upper now I come to think of it, “star” something or other, I can’t quite recall the name….terrible optics if it looked empty from the holte though, we already have enough people leaving early from the north stand when we’re a goal down 😂

There was a section in T2 I think that was empty for most of the game, folk were probably still in the bar watching it there. Didn't look good from the Holte.

I got asked if I was a season ticket holder (unsure if we were in seats of someone that had been moved), when I replied just members I got a glare.. didn't feel welcome at all, I'm two rows in front for Everton, should be a hoot

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â