Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Or to put it another way, there are currently more than 7,000 people who won't be able to enter the ground with less than two days to go.

Terrible, terrible comms again by Villa. Should have said this clearly from the renew window straight away rather than flogging GA+ tickets all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Or to put it another way, there are currently more than 7,000 people who won't be able to enter the ground with less than two days to go.

Wonder if that takes into consideration the folk that have paid the uplift for a physical copy? 

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Terrible, terrible comms again by Villa. Should have said this clearly from the renew window straight away rather than flogging GA+ tickets all the time.

It did say didn’t it? I thought we’d always known it was to be added to wallet? 

What they could have done is send the email 2 weeks ago so that any issues or concerns had plenty of time to be resolved. 

I imagine some of those 7k left don't have a wallet and are planning to show the QR code from the email also, which is confirmed to be a viable alternative if you manage to get signal....so not a viable option.

They'll be added to the 1-2k that don't have a clue and didn't even know they'd got an email about it.

I've tried to ring all day about my issues and couldn't get through and sent a DM last night and haven't heard back. Shambles. I'm fine with adding it to my wallet if would only let me do it 

3 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

You would expect at least some of those, say 5,000-6,000, to sort it between now and kick off.

That would still leave 1,000-2,000 on the day without a “valid” ticket to get in.

Wonder if you can bet on a match start being delayed…

wonder if we can have an express lane for those who have downloaded the ticket and generally know how to operate their smart phones and a lane for those still trying to figure out how to access their emails?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

wonder if we can have an express lane for those who have downloaded the ticket and generally know how to operate their smart phones and a lane for those still trying to figure out how to access their emails?

That would be far too sensible and hard to plan 

Looks like there will be two additional points open around the stadium tomorrow for people that are struggling - the club no longer operates a physical ticket office, so it's good to know that there will at least be a presence on the ground.

9 hours ago, mrchnry said:

Spoke to the club today about transferring my ticket for Saturday. They said the option would be available by the end of the day. It still isn't an option. 

That’s interesting, I asked the question yesterday when I called the club to transfer my sons ticket and was told that it’s something they are working on, but she seemed to have no idea when it would be live. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like there will be two additional points open around the stadium tomorrow for people that are struggling - the club no longer operates a physical ticket office, so it's good to know that there will at least be a presence on the ground.

With the ticket office gone you would hope that improved online function and call centre staffing increases coincide with that. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wow. I hadn't appreciated they'd got rid of the ticket office. I had to go there before the Ajax game to get a printout as couldn't get in and there was a huge queue. 

What do people do now then if they have issues?

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The 18k downloaded season tickets roughly fits the 70% mark set by our premier league overlords. Hopefully the other 7-8k will be packing plastic at the turnstile (like me!). I would assume it would be close to 100% of matchday tickets will be digital. So the overall percentage should be well in excess of this.

Link to this seasons premier league handbook

R.17. Each Home Club shall ensure that a minimum of 70% of all available Home Tickets for each League Match are issued as Digital Tickets.

Guidance

Notwithstanding the minimum requirement set out above, Clubs are encouraged to ensure as many Home Tickets are issued as Digital Tickets as practicable.

17 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

This can be easily done over email or twitter. On Twitter if your direct message AVFC_Support and give them the client references, they usually turn this around in 24 hours. This is how the process has worked for quite a while.

I took the trouble to call over a month ago to see how it would work and was told calling was the only way.  

Trying to get my mum’s ticket transferred to me for tomorrow. 

Twitter support don’t reply. Ticket office phone line is closed due to high demand. 

Can I download the app myself and download the ticket? Or take a screenshot? Or even just take the device with the ticket on it with me? 

if I don’t transfer it because you can’t seem to be able to do it, and I just have my mums ticket do they have any way of knowing it’s not her?

What an unprofessional shambles. 

1 hour ago, El Segundo said:

I took the trouble to call over a month ago to see how it would work and was told calling was the only way.  

calling is the only way if you want to upgrade a ticket. If its a swap and you have the client reference number then email or twitter is fine. I say this as someone who used twitter this week to reassign both mine and my sons season tickets for the arsenal game to a friend. Ive done it many times.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, 5-1 said:

I've tried to ring all day about my issues and couldn't get through and sent a DM last night and haven't heard back. Shambles. I'm fine with adding it to my wallet if would only let me do it 

call 0121 327 5353 and tell them you are having problems and they will put you in queue to the ticket office rather than all the lines are busy message on the other number that cuts you off

took me 40 minutes yesterday but they do pick up and tell you your place in the queue whilst you hold 

Edited by Follyfoot

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â