Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

2 hours ago, Colin79 said:

I can’t see the option of the app, but if you go onto the ticket section on the OS, click tickets in your account and it shows all your tickets for the season. 

At the top there are 3 options, Resale, Distribute, Recall. Click on the ticket you want to allocate to someone else then click distribute. 

like I said though, When I click distribute the option is greyed out for me so I’ve not actually been able to do it. 

Sorry to ask, but in the past when I’ve had to do this because I can’t get to a match, I’ve phoned up the ticket office, got my ticket allocated to somebody else and then just given that person my season card.

With digital season tickets, does anybody know what happens? Do they get emailed a match ticket?

13 hours ago, Colin79 said:

My Son can’t make the game Saturday so I had a look on my online account to see if I could reallocate his ticket to my nephew, there is an option to do so, but it seems to locked. 

Maybe it’s something they are working on. 

As I’ve not been able to get through to the ticket office, and as I had a job at Aston University this morning I thought I’d go down to the ground. It looks mile away. 

There is still scaffolding up at the corner of the Holte and the Witton, and at the corner of the Witton and North, a car park full of work vans and 2 cranes behind the North. 

Back on topic, when I got to the gate a security guard stopped me and I told him I wanted the ticket office. He said ‘there isn’t a ticket office, everything is online or on phone’ When I told him that I can’t reallocate tickets online and can’t get through by phone, he said ‘sorry mate, it’s still a building site’ 

2 days before the Arsenal game this is mental. I suspect Saturday is going to be mayhem. 

Edited by Colin79
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Sorry to ask, but in the past when I’ve had to do this because I can’t get to a match, I’ve phoned up the ticket office, got my ticket allocated to somebody else and then just given that person my season card.

With digital season tickets, does anybody know what happens? Do they get emailed a match ticket?

I presume it will be the same drill as last year, the difference will be that the ticket they email will need to be added to the wallet in the same way as the ST, rather than being able to print it off, or just scanning the barcode. 

Edit: you shouldn’t have given them the card, rather the ticket that would have been emailed out after your request. 

Edited by Colin79
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Colin79 said:

I can’t see the option of the app, but if you go onto the ticket section on the OS, click tickets in your account and it shows all your tickets for the season. 

At the top there are 3 options, Resale, Distribute, Recall. Click on the ticket you want to allocate to someone else then click distribute. 

like I said though, When I click distribute the option is greyed out for me so I’ve not actually been able to do it. 

i went through the same process. Looks like it maybe enabled soon but to be honest theyve always had a similar think on the website but it was disabled a few years ago.

In its absence, i just use twitter to get tickets reallocated.

I also note that the tickets in the app, do have the QR code. So you could screen shot and scan.

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

In its absence, i just use twitter to get tickets reallocated.

I messaged them on Twitter 2 days ago mate and still not heard back. 

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I also note that the tickets in the app, do have the QR code. So you could screen shot and scan.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that screenshots aren’t going to work. 

50 minutes ago, Colin79 said:

As I’ve not been able to get through to the ticket office, and as I had a job at Aston University this morning I thought I’d go down to the ground. It looks mile away. 

There is still scaffolding up at the corner of the Holte and the Witton, and at the corner of the Witton and North, a car park full of work vans and 2 cranes behind the North. 

Back on topic, when I got to the gate a security guard stopped me and I told him I wanted the ticket office. He said ‘there isn’t a ticket office, everything is online or on phone’ When I told him that I can’t reallocate tickets online and can’t get through by phone, he said ‘sorry mate, it’s still a building site’ 

2 days before the Arsenal game this is mental. I suspect Saturday is going to be mayhem. 

We are in a similar position. One of us can’t attend and needs to transfer his ticket to a friend, but the online facility doesn’t appear to be live yet. 2 days before the match.

They are going to have to let people in on Saturday if they can provide proof that they should have a ticket, even if it’s not installed correctly on their phones. There is no way around it. Otherwise the ground will have a lot of empty seats. Not a great look for the first game of the season.

• Like 1

Finally got through to the ticket office after 1hr 20mins and swapped my boys ticket. 

I did ask about the reallocate function on the OS and lady confirmed that it doesn’t work. 

I was told:

We’re always looking for ways to improve the system, but currently that function isn’t live’ 

Edited by Colin79

My uncle got the following error when he tried to download his:

Maximum number of passes has been downloaded. A pass has been downloaded on an Android device. 

He tried calling, but obviously couldn’t get through. I’m trying to resolve it on Twitter. Anyone else had a similar problem?

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

My uncle got the following error when he tried to download his:

Maximum number of passes has been downloaded. A pass has been downloaded on an Android device. 

He tried calling, but obviously couldn’t get through. I’m trying to resolve it on Twitter. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Has he deleted last seasons ST? 

2 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

The app is temperamental at best, my match tickets keep appearing and disappearing. Luckily already have them in wallet.

Have you tried emailing them, they usually respond pretty quick

sorted, they had sent the email to one of my old work accounts I registered when he was a minor, feel a bit of a tit now 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I called them about this before going abroad a few weeks ago and was advised that I would need to ring the ticket office once the tickets were on sale and provided the fan ID and email of the person I'm transferring to, and they would then email out a ticket.   Problem is I'm in anon-EU country and there is no wifi based number like whatsapp or messenger to call,  and from my mobile it's £2.52 per minute.  The queue time is 1 hours plus so it would have cost me over £150 to make that call.   Thankfully my brother did it for me from the UK and they emailed to ticket to me, which I forwarded to my friend.  But clearly zero thought given to anyone who might be away and outside the EU.....  

• Like 1

The ticket office staff are beyond useless. They have about 2 people working the phones a week before season kicks off at Villa Park. They take lunch breaks all at the same time. The only company in the whole world who would think this is a good idea when most people would be calling them during their own lunch break. Customer facing/representative role with non of the skills or mindset to carry out their job. Shambles.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dubliner said:

Is there anywhere you can check where you are on the Waiting List does anyone know?

Or is it just a case of waiting for them to send an email?

Wouldn’t hold ya breath waiting on the ticket office to do anything tbh.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

I called them about this before going abroad a few weeks ago and was advised that I would need to ring the ticket office once the tickets were on sale and provided the fan ID and email of the person I'm transferring to, and they would then email out a ticket.   Problem is I'm in anon-EU country and there is no wifi based number like whatsapp or messenger to call,  and from my mobile it's £2.52 per minute.  The queue time is 1 hours plus so it would have cost me over £150 to make that call.   Thankfully my brother did it for me from the UK and they emailed to ticket to me, which I forwarded to my friend.  But clearly zero thought given to anyone who might be away and outside the EU.....  

This can be easily done over email or twitter. On Twitter if your direct message AVFC_Support and give them the client references, they usually turn this around in 24 hours. This is how the process has worked for quite a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

sorted, they had sent the email to one of my old work accounts I registered when he was a minor, feel a bit of a tit now 

We all need to feel a bit of a tit once in a while

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Or to put it another way, there are currently more than 7,000 people who won't be able to enter the ground with less than two days to go.

You would expect at least some of those, say 5,000-6,000, to sort it between now and kick off.

That would still leave 1,000-2,000 on the day without a “valid” ticket to get in.

Wonder if you can bet on a match start being delayed…

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â