Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

Just now, brommy said:

I have the current version of Google Wallet on my Android phone but the icon remains as 'G Pay'. Although the app is now called Google Wallet, it's still the top search return for 'Pay' on Play Store. Either way, for newbies like OBE, wallet and pay works.

The icons are user selectable on almost all Android launchers, as is the text shown by them.

I've reacquainted myself with the Villa App too and looked in the tickets section (for the first time ever) and I guess the first thing I'd notice is that my U21's tickets for Friday aren't in there - I'm guessing those aren't connected yet. I can see the ST's in my online account, displayed as a match ticket for each game going up to Spurs on 18th May 2025, but those aren't visible in the App yet and I wasn't expecting them to be. 

I reckon I'm prepared though,  I've got a Google Wallet and a Villa App I'm logged into with a space for tickets.

I really think it'd do the club a lot of good right now if they were trying to make sure that everyone was in that position before the ST emails come out.

I really hope they're not just taking the 'got a wallet and using the Villa App' as a given - if they are, things will be messy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, I've downloaded Google Wallet and I have a shortcut to it on my phone desktop* - w ith there being nothing 'in' my wallet, I'm guessing it's not going to be obvious or clear how any sort of of interface works (or if there is any sort of interface), but I'm hoping that's clearer when I have a ticket to put in it.

*I don't care, that's what I'm calling it.

To use it you just need NFC turned on, then when you arrive you open the ticket in the wallet and hold the back of the phone to the reader

17 minutes ago, limpid said:

The icons are user selectable on almost all Android launchers, as is the text shown by them.

I'm not sure how I can edit the icon. Would Google have selected to display it as 'G Pay'?

9 minutes ago, brommy said:

I'm not sure how I can edit the icon. Would Google have selected to display it as 'G Pay'?

I suspect that was what it was called when installed. I don't know what launcher you are using and this is well off topic. Try long pressing it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

im waiting to see evidence of that, mine isnt yet available, but i was fully expecting something in the app and something that can then be downloaded to a wallet.

Just on this, someone received this message on Arsenal tickets - it was for a single match ticket, but I think it'll be the same everywhere.

FB67DAD8-8BBB-4158-A595-F03F8DE80C12.thumb.jpeg.7c62526859fb5dee2570dd699e7ef06a.jpeg

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

As far as I know Apple Pay and Google Pay are the names of the 'digital wallets' available to on Apple and almost everything but Apple smartphones, respectively.

If a debit or credit card has been added to the wallet it can be used by anyone who knows how to unlock that phone, so in that respect it is more secure than a 15 year old using a credit card via contactless at the till.

If my two children were under 16, I wouldn't have had an issue with them using a digital wallet to pay with their bank account (debit card) or store tickets for gigs etc.

For 35 years before Google Pay, I carried a leather wallet stuffed thick with a couple of credit cards, a couple of debit cards, a nectar card, a Tesco Clubcard, a couple of other retail loyalty cards, occasionally a gift card and some spending power (in the form of cash). Now I don't need to carry a wallet because its all that and more is stored on my phone. Adding the season ticket to a digital wallet just means I'll never forget to take it to Villa Park, because I'm extremely unlikely to forget my phone.

Won't even need a phone soon. Facial recognition for that purpose or some sort of chip in our heads. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Won't even need a phone soon. Facial recognition for that purpose or some sort of chip in our heads. 

I was going leave a laugh reaction to your post but I can definitely see facial recognition being utilised in the not too distant future.

Just reading a question somewhere else and wondering on this.

If an adult and a child go and the adult has both ST tokens in the wallet on their phone, at the turnstile they'd just tap the first one in, then pass the phone back so that the second one could tap as well, right?

But, if the adult couldn't attend a game and arranged to transfer to another adult in the family, can the adult with both tokens on their phone move the childs token out of their wallet and into another wallet, or would the club have to issue the second adult a new token for the child so that they could add both to their phone?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

I think it's a good job it's a 1730 kick off

Possibly but it can also mean you'll have had a lot of people who have had a few to drink using it for the first time. 

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Possibly but it can also mean you'll have had a lot of people who have had a few to drink using it for the first time. 

Drink makes technology easier

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just on this, someone received this message on Arsenal tickets - it was for a single match ticket, but I think it'll be the same everywhere.

FB67DAD8-8BBB-4158-A595-F03F8DE80C12.thumb.jpeg.7c62526859fb5dee2570dd699e7ef06a.jpeg

I normally buy 8 individual tickets for each match for our group. Once I get emailed all 8 tickets, I used to post screenshots of them on our WhatsApp group for each person to claim their own.  How am I going to send these tickets to each person now?

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I normally buy 8 individual tickets for each match for our group. Once I get emailed all 8 tickets, I used to post screenshots of them on our WhatsApp group for each person to claim their own.  How am I going to send these tickets to each person now?

You can't I don't think unless you get individual wallet links you can send to all 8 people assuming they all have nfc phones.

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You can't I don't think unless you get individual wallet links you can send to all 8 people assuming they all have nfc phones.

It’s weird because the website lets you set up a family and friends group so that one person can buy tickets for everyone in the group. So they are going to have to provide a way of sending the tickets onto the group members, or they’ve just sold me something that can’t be used by the person they allowed me to buy it for.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Had an email tonight offering a free 4 week bus pass for ST holders 

Me too. 4 weeks free bus travel on any regular bus to anywhere in the West Midlands network, valid every day, match day or not. I'm assuming they're giving fans a free trial and hoping some continue to get the bus on match days.

• Like 2

Just now, brommy said:

Me too. 4 weeks free bus travel on any regular bus to anywhere in the West Midlands network, valid every day, match day or not. I'm assuming they're giving fans a free trial and hoping some continue to get the bus on match days.

Yep seems a good idea (not that I get a bus). Think for some it will be really beneficial 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â