Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

Season tickets were in the app towards the end of last season. There were no QR codes.

Under 18s can use Google/Apple Wallet.

How can an under 18 use google wallet? it is restricted and always has been for my son.

Do they have a generic wallet app that doesnt include the pay element?

To use Google Pay you must be 16 years of age or older. If you are 16 or older but under 18 years of age (or the legal age of your country, if greater), you must have your parent or legal guardian's permission to use Google Pay and to accept the Terms.

clicky

11 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

How can an under 18 use google wallet? it is restricted and always has been for my son.

clicky

Is google pay different from just a google wallet?

In this instance (if I'm understanding correctly) the google wallet isn't being used as a payment method.

14 minutes ago, limpid said:

It might be different for this season, but it seems likely that last season was a trial and it worked for all the people I know that tried it.

I guess as a trial, the weakness is that it worked for all the people that tried it - and the people that were likely to try it were the people that were already comfortable with using it?

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In this instance (if I'm understanding correctly) the google wallet isn't being used as a payment method.

thats what im now wondering as well. Waiting for my son to get home so i can try it. 

I know you can also download generic wallet apps. I just assumed the season tickets would work the same way the tickets did. As you quite rightly say, if the club communicated, we wouldnt have to assume. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Google wallet is just a place to store stuff, such as tickets. You can use it to store a bank card to pay for stuff instead of using the actual card. I only use mine for Villa tickets really. 

Children may need an adult to confirm for them but they should be able to use it just for tickets.. Payment cards are different

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

clicky

As others have said, there is no relationship between Google Pay and Google Wallet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, limpid said:

As others have said, there is no relationship between Google Pay and Google Wallet.

i will test this out later on, previously i have been prohibited from downloading google wallet to my sons Google Account due to the restrictions I mention. 

As you mention, im sure Villa have tested and are aware.

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

i will test this out later on, previously i have been prohibited from downloading google wallet to my sons Google Account due to the restrictions I mention. 

As you mention, im sure Villa have tested and are aware.

Wallet is not something you download to an account. It's already on your device. Kids of my friends use it for travel passes.

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As far as I know Apple Pay and Google Pay are the names of the 'digital wallets' available to on Apple and almost everything but Apple smartphones, respectively.

If a debit or credit card has been added to the wallet it can be used by anyone who knows how to unlock that phone, so in that respect it is more secure than a 15 year old using a credit card via contactless at the till.

If my two children were under 16, I wouldn't have had an issue with them using a digital wallet to pay with their bank account (debit card) or store tickets for gigs etc.

For 35 years before Google Pay, I carried a leather wallet stuffed thick with a couple of credit cards, a couple of debit cards, a nectar card, a Tesco Clubcard, a couple of other retail loyalty cards, occasionally a gift card and some spending power (in the form of cash). Now I don't need to carry a wallet because its all that and more is stored on my phone. Adding the season ticket to a digital wallet just means I'll never forget to take it to Villa Park, because I'm extremely unlikely to forget my phone.

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

Wallet is not something you download to an account.

I can't find it and am just now in the process of installing it from Google Play. 

Should it already be present somewhere on my device?

EDIT:  Looks like there's a Samsung Wallet already present in my phone - which means that the first option I got once I opened Google Wallet was the question of whether or not I wanted to add this to Wallet.

Just now, limpid said:

Wallet is not something you download to an account. It's already on your device. Kids of my friends use it for travel passes.

Not my experience, Google Wallet is an app that can be downloaded from the PlayStore.

My son is only 14 with a 14 year olds google account (many others have unrestricted accounts or accounts in adults names). 

Im sure i can find a way, if nothing else ill use another app based wallet.

Well, I've downloaded Google Wallet and I have a shortcut to it on my phone desktop* - w ith there being nothing 'in' my wallet, I'm guessing it's not going to be obvious or clear how any sort of of interface works (or if there is any sort of interface), but I'm hoping that's clearer when I have a ticket to put in it.

*I don't care, that's what I'm calling it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't find it and am just now in the process of installing it from Google Play. 

Should it already be present somewhere on my device?

Once you've downloaded Google Wallet on to your Android smartphone, an app icon will be added that you can drag to your home screen, so its easily accessible. The icon on my phone appears as a white circle with G Pay' written inside the white circle (the G is rainbow coloured). Then it will be as simple as opening the season ticket sent by the club (in an email or visible on your avfc.co.uk ticket account or on the Villa app) and then clicking on 'add to wallet'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, I've downloaded Google Wallet and I have a shortcut to it on my desktop - with there being nothing 'in' my wallet, I'm guessing it's not going to be obvious or clear how any sort of of interface works (or if there is any sort of interface), but I'm hoping that's clearer when I have a ticket to put in it.

Why not test it out? Tap the '+ Add to Wallet' button and add something like one of your debit, credit or loyalty cards.

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, brommy said:

Why not test it out? Tap the '+ Add to Wallet' button and something like one of your debit, credit or loyalty cards.

I don't have any credit or loyalty cards, I live a simple life unfettered by complex sweets.

(I appreciate the offer, but I'm probably a lost cause on this one for the moment).

21 minutes ago, brommy said:

As far as I know Apple Pay and Google Pay are the names of the 'digital wallets' available to on Apple and almost everything but Apple smartphones, respectively.

If a debit or credit card has been added to the wallet it can be used by anyone who knows how to unlock that phone, so in that respect it is more secure than a 15 year old using a credit card via contactless at the till.

If my two children were under 16, I wouldn't have had an issue with them using a digital wallet to pay with their bank account (debit card) or store tickets for gigs etc.

For 35 years before Google Pay, I carried a leather wallet stuffed thick with a couple of credit cards, a couple of debit cards, a nectar card, a Tesco Clubcard, a couple of other retail loyalty cards, occasionally a gift card and some spending power (in the form of cash). Now I don't need to carry a wallet because its all that and more is stored on my phone. Adding the season ticket to a digital wallet just means I'll never forget to take it to Villa Park, because I'm extremely unlikely to forget my phone.

Google's Wallet is called Google Wallet. Google Pay ceased to be some time ago.

There might be age restrictions on the types of things you can add to the wallet, but not on having the wallet. I have more store cards in mine than payment cards.

• Like 1

Just now, limpid said:

Google's Wallet is called Google Wallet. Google Pay ceased to be some time ago.

There might be age restrictions on the types of things you can add to the wallet, but not on having the wallet. I have more store cards in mine than payment cards.

I have the current version of Google Wallet on my Android phone but the icon remains as 'G Pay'. Although the app is now called Google Wallet, it's still the top search return for 'Pay' on Play Store. Either way, for newbies like OBE, wallet and pay works.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â