Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

Every club is doing it. We are hospitality company and man Utd have switched to an app for all tickets this year, and basically said if you don’t have a smart phone you won’t get in. Only option is to go to ticket office on the day and get a print out from them, the same solution as if you have a problem on the day, such as your phone gets lost or battery dies 

it’s an attempt to trace all ticket movements to prevent routing and also a data grab for marketing purposes. 

22 minutes ago, ThornburyVilla said:

Every club is doing it. We are hospitality company and man Utd have switched to an app for all tickets this year, and basically said if you don’t have a smart phone you won’t get in. Only option is to go to ticket office on the day and get a print out from them, the same solution as if you have a problem on the day, such as your phone gets lost or battery dies 

it’s an attempt to trace all ticket movements to prevent routing and also a data grab for marketing purposes. 

It’s also environmentally better, with less production of plastic cards.

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't understand the "your season ticket will be a button in your app" bit - when will I press this button? What will it do?

Or do you mean that when it's first installed/downloaded/visible in the App, there will be a button to activate it for the season - a sort of one shot 'here's your season ticket' deal?

I hadn't realised until today, reading this thread,  how these were going to work - I thought your season ticket would communicate with the wallet thing to generate a QR code or something similar on a match by match basis - but if I'm right, reading this, instead, it sort of turns your phone into a debit card loaded with 19 tokens for games - you just unlock your phone and tap it somewhere, not display something from it's screen, yes?

Also, and I realise it's not necessarily important that I do, but I have no idea what an NFC token is.

When you tap "Tickets" in the app, it will appear next to your membership card (well that's where it was last season).

The "wallet thing" isn't something you communicate with, it's something that contains things - like a wallet. There will be a little magic thing in there which the turnstile will recognise as a season ticket. You unlock your phone, open the wallet (you can add a shortcut to your home screen or settings) and select the season ticket. Then you tap the back of your phone to the reader like you would use your phone to pay for stuff.

You don't need to know what an NFC token is. I was just answering your specific question and assumed that I was speaking to someone whose VHS doesn't blink 00:00 :mrgreen:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

When you tap "Tickets" in the app, it will appear next to your membership card (well that's where it was last season).

The "wallet thing" isn't something you communicate with, it's something that contains things - like a wallet. There will be a little magic thing in there which the turnstile will recognise as a season ticket. You unlock your phone, open the wallet (you can add a shortcut to your home screen or settings) and select the season ticket. Then you tap the back of your phone to the reader like you would use your phone to pay for stuff.

You don't need to know what an NFC token is. I was just answering your specific question and assumed that I was speaking to someone whose VHS doesn't blink 00:00 :mrgreen:.

Some of us are still using their trusty Betamax! :D

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, John said:

Some of us are still using their trusty Betamax! :D

Better picture quality vs less choice on the rentals, its a difficult one that's for sure 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Hi OBE, I suspect you will just be able to click on your season ticket in the app and use the Qr code. I suspect you will also be able to print it at home and carry if preferred. The digital wallet is another option for those that like it. These are all options that villa enabled for the cup games last year and tested quite well. 

The good thing is forums like this one will be around to help people a little less comfortable with the tech. 

See, there's the thing - you're a sensible chap, and you're confident with taking on most types of technology (as am I despite the evidence of this thread :) ) but here, I think you're wrong.

It's Tap from a wallet only - there won't be a QR code and print from home won't be an option because there's nothing to print. The digital wallet isn't 'another option' it's the only way to use your season ticket. 

If the club don't get the comms on stuff like that right on the day, we'll be kicking off in front of 30,000 people with a queue for the ticket office halfway round Aston.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The stuff that @brommy and @limpid have put in here is exaclty the stuff that the club should be putting out. I don't doubt that this isn't going to simple - it will be - but the club are asking a large group of people, most of whom don't have their App, and have never used a digital wallet, to (exclusively) use a digital wallet with a ticket that will come through their App to enter a stadium with (at 11 days notice) absolutely no instruction on how to do that.

For some people the instruction they'll need will be; "your ticket is in the App now". For others, the instruction they'll need is - "here's what a digital wallet is and where you can download it, and here's our App, how to download it and where you'll find the tickets and here's what you need to do with that at the turnstile".

I'm just hoping the club understands how important this communication is going to be, given that on their recent record, the most likely communication we'll get is Mr Heck saying "Our tickets are all digital now and ready to go" on Loose Women.

It would be useful for some if the club issued a video on how to download a digital wallet, put the wallet icon on the home screen, add the season ticket to the wallet and finally use it to enter through a turnstile. I think all that could be clearly demonstrated in 2 or 3 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, brommy said:

It would be useful for some if the club issued a video on how to download a digital wallet, put the wallet icon on the home screen, add the season ticket to the wallet and finally use it to enter through a turnstile. I think all that could be clearly demonstrated in 2 or 3 minutes.

100% agree, I'm not concerned that it's complicated, but I am concerned that the club will make assumptions that everyone will already know how to do it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

100% agree, I'm not concerned that it's complicated, but I am concerned that the club will make assumptions that everyone will already know how to do it.

I'm expecting Chris Heck to announce - 'Hey all you cake suckers, if you're too thick to get in to Villa Park this season, send someone with more disposable income in your place. Or, watch the video on how to get a digital wallet with your season ticket in it. The video is now accessible only via Google Pay or Apple Pay'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

If they offered me a GA+ season ticket I'd make the videos for them! Would save them hours of staff costs and thousands of frustrated villans. A small price for them to pay.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, brommy said:

If ST holders don't have an ST card, surely they'll know to add the digital version to their smartphone wallet before travelling to Villa Park, otherwise how would they get in?

My memory might be mistaken but we didn’t get a new card every year, so I suspect there will be a few fans that may presume that last seasons card simply gets reactivated for this season. 

But as you said, after a few early wobbles the ECL games seemed to go pretty smoothly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

See, there's the thing - you're a sensible chap, and you're confident with taking on most types of technology (as am I despite the evidence of this thread :) ) but here, I think you're wrong.

It's Tap from a wallet only - there won't be a QR code and print from home won't be an option because there's nothing to print. The digital wallet isn't 'another option' it's the only way to use your season ticket. 

If the club don't get the comms on stuff like that right on the day, we'll be kicking off in front of 30,000 people with a queue for the ticket office halfway round Aston.

im waiting to see evidence of that, mine isnt yet available, but i was fully expecting something in the app and something that can then be downloaded to a wallet.

One of the reasons i believe this is that under 18s cannot access a google wallet, so if this is a digital wallet only option, they will need something entirely different for the juniors.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

One of the reasons i believe this is that under 18s cannot access a google wallet.

Lovely. I wonder what we're doing for them then?

53 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

im waiting to see evidence of that, mine isnt yet available, but i was fully expecting something in the app and something that can then be downloaded to a wallet.

One of the reasons i believe this is that under 18s cannot access a google wallet, so if this is a digital wallet only option, they will need something entirely different for the juniors.

Season tickets were in the app towards the end of last season. There were no QR codes.

Under 18s can use Google/Apple Wallet.

• Thanks 1

Just now, limpid said:

Season tickets were in the app towards the end of last season. There were no QR codes.

Under 18s can use Google/Apple Wallet.

So it's all NFT based?

So if you don't have an NFT phone, it won't work? The club are rejecting card requests without explanation where people have stated they don't have the technology with no explanation what to do next.

It's not good is it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

If they offered me a GA+ season ticket I'd make the videos for them! Would save them hours of staff costs and thousands of frustrated villans. A small price for them to pay.

Or we could ask Ozzy to do one again, on second thoughts like a few of us "old timers" on here, he might struggle with using a digital wallet himself. 30 Years Ago: Ozzy Osbourne Begins ... :D

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

So it's all NFT based?

So if you don't have an NFT phone, it won't work? The club are rejecting card requests without explanation where people have stated they don't have the technology with no explanation what to do next.

It's not good is it.

It might be different for this season, but it seems likely that last season was a trial and it worked for all the people I know that tried it.

Not good at all.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â