Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

9 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I think I am going to print off my confirmation email that I have paid for my ST, get early to the ground before the Arsenal game and join the queue.

I have got the suspicion that is going to be chaos getting into the ground.

But I maybe wrong, i usually am according to my wife!

If ST holders don't have an ST card, surely they'll know to add the digital version to their smartphone wallet before travelling to Villa Park, otherwise how would they get in?

I'd hope the vast majority of ST holders are familiar with Google or Apple wallet and the ability to pay at a shop by 'tapping on' with their unlocked phone.

This facility has already worked well for Villa Park cup games and, in the second half of the 23/24 season, league games. Provided fans have their phones 'at the ready' as they approach the turnstile, it's as quick as tapping an ST card and much quicker, in relative terms, than scanning a QR code.

I'm still not sure how those without an NFC equipped smartphone will cope if the club refuses them a physical card. Although, in 2024, I'm assuming that will be a tiny percentage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Response after asking to pay for a physical ticket

Thank you for taking the time to request a physical season card for the 24/25 season.

Having reviewed your request, unfortunately on this occasion we are unable to offer you a physical season card.

Mobile tickets will still be issued to all supporters, regardless of whether they have a physical card or not. Emails with mobile season ticket links will be sent out shortly.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

When did you get this reply, I requested a physical ticket.and heard nothing yet.

Can't believe they are refusing you one if you are willing to stump up the £20.

7 minutes ago, markc said:

When did you get this reply, I requested a physical ticket.and heard nothing yet.

Today.

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

So you can log into your email on a laptop/pc and download the ticket and print it?

Or do they mean you must use a smart phone to download this token thing rather than an actual ticket?

No idea. Was trying to work out how to set up a digital account for my lad. I did suggest that as helpful as he was, he was going to have a mare over the next week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brommy said:

I'd hope the vast majority of ST holders are familiar with Google or Apple wallet and the ability to pay at a shop by 'tapping on' with their unlocked phone..

Vast majority?

I'd say maybe 15%.

(I looked it up and across the UK, around 21% of the population use a digital wallet).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, limpid said:

It's an NFC token to go in your wallet. If other companies have chosen to provide additional methods (and therefore additional scanners etc), that's always their choice. Your season ticket will be a button in your app and you'll be able to add it to your wallet.

I don't understand the "your season ticket will be a button in your app" bit - when will I press this button? What will it do?

Or do you mean that when it's first installed/downloaded/visible in the App, there will be a button to activate it for the season - a sort of one shot 'here's your season ticket' deal?

I hadn't realised until today, reading this thread,  how these were going to work - I thought your season ticket would communicate with the wallet thing to generate a QR code or something similar on a match by match basis - but if I'm right, reading this, instead, it sort of turns your phone into a debit card loaded with 19 tokens for games - you just unlock your phone and tap it somewhere, not display something from it's screen, yes?

Also, and I realise it's not necessarily important that I do, but I have no idea what an NFC token is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Vast majority?

I'd say maybe 15%.

You think only 15% would know how to use a wallet facility on their smartphone? Blimey, even my 82 and 86 year old parents, who have spent the past three decades complaining about 'all the new-fangled technology', pay by tapping on with their phones.

I'm assuming the vast majority of fans who haven't got some form of assistance such as a parent/guardian or a younger companion are aged 15 to 70. Of that group, surely way more than half would be familiar with a smartphone wallet.

Unfortunately, our first home game won't reveal the level of familiarity, as even if only 1 in 10 struggle with tapping on to enter, it will cause some delays.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't understand the "your season ticket will be a button in your app" bit - when will I press this button? What will it do?

Or do you mean that when it's first installed/downloaded/visible in the App, there will be a button to activate it for the season - a sort of one shot 'here's your season ticket' deal?

I hadn't realised until today, reading this thread,  how these were going to work - I thought your season ticket would communicate with the wallet thing to generate a QR code or something similar on a match by match basis - but if I'm right, reading this, instead, it sort of turns your phone into a debit card loaded with 19 tokens for games - you just unlock your phone and tap it somewhere, not display something from it's screen, yes?

Also, and I realise it's not necessarily important that I do, but I have no idea what an NFC token is.

When you are logged in to your Villa account or app 'tickets' section, your season ticket will be visible. Tap or click where it says 'add to' either 'Google Wallet' or 'Apple Wallet' (obviously if you have an Apple phone). Your season card will then be visible within the wallet (next to any other items you've loaded in there such as debit/credit cards, loyalty cards (such as Tesco clubcard or Nectar) gift cards, tickets for gigs and theatre).

As you approach the turnstile, unlock your phone (I think my Android phone also prefers if I tap on the icon to open the wallet), hold it up to the NFC reader on the turnstile and it will automatically unlock the turnstile to enter for the 19 league games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think those that use these a lot overestimate the degree to which they're widely used - across all age groups, 21% of people in the UK use a digital wallet - google's wallet is still less used than cash. It's not a vast majority, the majority of transactions in the UK are by card, by some distance.

At Villa Park where season ticket holders are slightly older than a general cross section of society, I would imagine it'll be less than a fifth of season ticket holders who are familiar with using a google/apple wallet.

Hopefully those numbers will increase but either way, it's as easy as I've described and I'm confident you can do this, reasonably stress free to start with and then you'll find it a piece of cake.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

NFC stands for Near Field Communication and is a short range (typically less than 4cm, hence the need to virtually touch or 'tap on') to communicate or share information. A NFC token is the device built in to all reasonably modern smartphones to enable NFC. Effectively, the NFC reader at the turnstile will ask your phone if it has a valid ticket to enter, your phones NFC token will confirm it does, and the turnstile will unlock.

• Like 2

I can see my season ticket in the Villa app. However it won't let me add it to my (Apple) wallet. Anyone been able to add it yet, or will it only be available to do nearer the start of the season?

5 hours ago, brommy said:

Hopefully those numbers will increase but either way, it's as easy as I've described and I'm confident you can do this, reasonably stress free to start with and then you'll find it a piece of cake.

Fingers crossed......😥

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think those that use these a lot overestimate the degree to which they're widely used - across all age groups, 21% of people in the UK use a digital wallet - google's wallet is still less used than cash. It's not a vast majority, the majority of transactions in the UK are by card, by some distance.

At Villa Park where season ticket holders are slightly older than a general cross section of society, I would imagine it'll be less than a fifth of season ticket holders who are familiar with using a google/apple wallet.

Hi OBE, I suspect you will just be able to click on your season ticket in the app and use the Qr code. I suspect you will also be able to print it at home and carry if preferred. The digital wallet is another option for those that like it. These are all options that villa enabled for the cup games last year and tested quite well. 

The good thing is forums like this one will be around to help people a little less comfortable with the tech. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I can see my season ticket in the Villa app. However it won't let me add it to my (Apple) wallet. Anyone been able to add it yet, or will it only be available to do nearer the start of the season?

I think that is last years, on my villa app this years isn’t added yet 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, markc said:

Thank you for taking the time to request a physical season card for the 24/25 season.

Having reviewed your request, we're pleased to offer you a physical season card with no additional charges.

I got that yesterday

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think that is last years, on my villa app this years isn’t added yet 

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

Apparently we will get a new link e mailed to us shortly which we will be able to use to add to wallets on phone for this season, there was something from villa support on X to that effect

14 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Response after asking to pay for a physical ticket

Having reviewed your request, unfortunately on this occasion we are unable to offer you a physical season card.

Mobile tickets will still be issued to all supporters, regardless of whether they have a physical card or not. Emails with mobile season ticket links will be sent out shortly.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Received .the same response to my request. I’ve kept every season card and booklet for as long as I can remember - dating back to the 80’s - as memorabilia.

Dismissed in a genetic e-mail. Another slap in the face for the ordinary fan. No doubt any GA + fans that requested a ticket will have their request accepted.

2 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Received .the same response to my request. I’ve kept every season card and booklet for as long as I can remember - dating back to the 80’s - as memorabilia.

Dismissed in a genetic e-mail. Another slap in the face for the ordinary fan. No doubt any GA + fans that requested a ticket will have their request accepted.

And hand delivered by Ian Taylor !

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â