Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why don't they allow screenshots? I've screenshotted QR codes before and used that to get into other venues before.

I heard it was to prevent ticket sharing. The QR codes apparently change from when they're first generated and using app ensures you have the current version.

That said, I've heard of people that have used a screenshot since they said you couldn't and it still worked. Guess it's a gamble if you get there and it isn't recognised, but if you've got the app as well and it's genuinely your ticket you can always open it there.

Edited by MrBlack

43 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Why don't they allow screenshots? I've screenshotted QR codes before and used that to get into other venues before.

The new tickets are not QR codes.

23 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I heard it was to prevent ticket sharing. The QR codes apparently change from when they're first generated and using app ensures you have the current version.

That said, I've heard of people that have used a screenshot since they said you couldn't and it still worked. Guess it's a gamble if you get there and it isn't recognised, but if you've got the app as well and it's genuinely your ticket you can always open it there.

Out of interest how does it stop ticket sharing? there is nothing to stop you logging into someone else's account via the app is there?

On a slightly different issue my brother is disabled (has mental health issues/learning disabilities) and doesn't have a smart phone so I applied for a physical card for him on the 7th June and have been chasing it up every few weeks since. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

The new tickets are not QR codes.

Ohhh what is it then?  All e-tickets for other venues or services that i would load into my e-wallet either have a QR code or a barcode.  

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Out of interest how does it stop ticket sharing? there is nothing to stop you logging into someone else's account via the app is there?

On a slightly different issue my brother is disabled (has mental health issues/learning disabilities) and doesn't have a smart phone so I applied for a physical card for him on the 7th June and have been chasing it up every few weeks since. 

I'm not sure but think once you've linked the app to the wallet it's locked to that "phone" effectively. You could get a phone you share with your group though and do it that way.

You're allowed to assign the ticket to someone else legitimately anyway, so really not sure why they make it so awkward.

If something crops up on the day they intentionally make it as difficult as possible for you to send someone in your place. 

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

Ohhh what is it then?  All e-tickets for other venues or services that i would load into my e-wallet either have a QR code or a barcode.  

It's an NFC token to go in your wallet. If other companies have chosen to provide additional methods (and therefore additional scanners etc), that's always their choice. Your season ticket will be a button in your app and you'll be able to add it to your wallet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

It's an NFC token to go in your wallet. If other companies have chosen to provide additional methods (and therefore additional scanners etc), that's always their choice. Your season ticket will be a button in your app and you'll be able to add it to your wallet.

Loads of phones don't have NFC and loads of people won't know how to activate it if they do.

I asked for a physical ticket, and didn't even receive a response.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Yes I tried to use a screenshot for a European game and had to go to the ticket office to have a ticket printed out as didn't work at the turnstile.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not sure but think once you've linked the app to the wallet it's locked to that "phone" effectively. You could get a phone you share with your group though and do it that way.

You're allowed to assign the ticket to someone else legitimately anyway, so really not sure why they make it so awkward.

If something crops up on the day they intentionally make it as difficult as possible for you to send someone in your place. 

A burner phone for the football 🤣

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I've always added my lads ticket to my Google wallet and scanned him through first.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

A burner phone for the football 🤣

Basically, yes! It's way easier than the hassle of reassigning via the crap ticketing website if you've historically bought a season ticket amongst 2 or 3 of your mates though. 

Hasten to add, I haven't done this, just know of someone who has.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Loads of phones don't have NFC and loads of people won't know how to activate it if they do.

I know. All smart phones still receiving updates do though.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I asked for a physical ticket, and didn't even receive a response.

Have you asked the ticket office? I doubt you're the only one.

Has any actually had anything from Villa since paying for their ST other than an acknowledgement email?

I am duffer at this mobile phone ticket stuff, I have an old apple iPhone that I have got my debit card loaded into its "wallet", I have downloaded the villa ap ( I think), but I have had nothing from Villa.

12 days to the first Arsenal game...and counting.

Time to call the ticket office tomorrow I think and ask what's going on. Think that applying for an old fashioned card is my option and use the excuse that i am an old fart that doesnt understand mobile phones......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Has any actually had anything from Villa since paying for their ST other than an acknowledgement email?

I am duffer at this mobile phone ticket stuff, I have an old apple iPhone that I have got my debit card loaded into its "wallet", I have downloaded the villa ap ( I think), but I have had nothing from Villa.

12 days to the first Arsenal game...and counting.

Time to call the ticket office tomorrow I think and ask what's going on. Think that applying for an old fashioned card is my option and use the excuse that i am an old fart that doesnt understand mobile phones......

If you are already using a smartphone wallet for purchases with a credit or debit card, you'll be fine.

Before the first home game of the season, the ST will show in the ticket section of your avfc account or app and it will be very simple to add it to the wallet on your smartphone.

Then you'll simply tap your unlocked smartphone at the turnstile and be inside within seconds.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â