Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, Stratvillan said:

Android, though my kids have iphones

Ensure Google wallet is installed.

Install villa app

It will be under your tickets when available. It's not yet. You have the option to add to Google wallet 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

When will the tickets be available to download?

I'm (naively) assuming that they'll come with instructions on how to set up the wallet and so on.

5 minutes before they shut the phone lines off for the weekend.

• Haha 1

So its 5th August and 3 weeks this Saturday will be our first home game of the season.

Tickets available to buy for the game (Arsenal) and Leicester, yet no sign of my season ticket yet.

Anyone had any updates or emails or even got theirs yet?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

So its 5th August and 3 weeks this Saturday will be our first home game of the season.

Tickets available to buy for the game (Arsenal) and Leicester, yet no sign of my season ticket yet.

Anyone had any updates or emails or even got theirs yet?

As it’s only a digital copy, we probably won’t get them until a few days before the start of the season. No real rush as yet. 

• Thanks 1

What do google get access to when you install a google wallet?

Is it just like a virtual pocket where you can store things or more like a linked bank account thing?

Given that the club are forcing everyone into a whole new method of ticketing, you'd expect they'd be running a big campaign on how it will work, what you're going to be installing, how to protect yourself and how to ensure that you're ready to go on day one.

I would very much hope that sort of thing will be starting soon.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What do google get access to when you install a google wallet?

Is it just like a virtual pocket where you can store things or more like a linked bank account thing?

Given that the club are forcing everyone into a whole new method of ticketing, you'd expect they'd be running a big campaign on how it will work, what you're going to be installing, how to protect yourself and how to ensure that you're ready to go on day one.

I would very much hope that sort of thing will be starting soon.

Only a token representing the ticket.

Yes and no. You can't store bank cards in a digital wallet, only a "temporary" card unique to the wallet.

They'll say they consulted with fans groups and leaving it as a big surprise was what they wanted.

I agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would be nice if we did - we have 26,000 people who are going to have to do this, the vast majority of whom won't have any experience of a google wallet - many of whom will also be doing it for their children - some will be experienced with it already, some will be familiar with the technology, but for most, this will be their first experience with an online wallet and there's going to be stuff to learn - the club could really have done with some sort of test event and it would have been nice I guess to use the AVTV pre-season games this summer for that (follow these instructions, download a token, get to watch the Dortmund game, that sort of thing).

It makes me a little nervous, I'm sure it's simple enough, but there isn't a plan B, you can't print these from home, you can't show a screenshot, you can't go to a game if the battery goes on your phone - a little communication would be a good thing, even if just to settle everyone's nerves.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It would be nice if we did - we have 26,000 people who are going to have to do this, the vast majority of whom won't have any experience of a google wallet - many of whom will also be doing it for their children - some will be experienced with it already, some will be familiar with the technology, but for most, this will be their first experience with an online wallet and there's going to be stuff to learn - the club could really have done with some sort of test event and it would have been nice I guess to use the AVTV pre-season games this summer for that (follow these instructions, download a token, get to watch the Dortmund game, that sort of thing).

It makes me a little nervous, I'm sure it's simple enough, but there isn't a plan B, you can't print these from home, you can't show a screenshot, you can't go to a game if the battery goes on your phone - a little communication would be a good thing, even if just to settle everyone's nerves.

It’s a very easy process if they have done right. I have loads of cards in my”wallet” and have used it for gig tickets etc (even the foo fighters at VP). However, end of last season when Villa launched it, they hadn’t got the tech right, I’d press the button on the Villa app to add to wallet and it said it was already there, but it wasn’t showing. You could use the Villa app to show your ticket, but as we all know phone reception at the ground is abysmal so couldn’t get in to app. Luckily I had my physical card as well, but like you say without that this yr there is no back up. 

• Like 1

I am one of those who have never used these digital "wallet" things. Another concern is I have a 2 hr drive to VP and once I get to the ground the last thing I want to see is 26000 people queuing outside the ticket office because the digital ticket doesnt work.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Can we just use the villa app instead of downloading it to Apple wallet? As you can see your QR code on it

You install it to your wallet from the app.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ah, okay - so the tickets will first appear in the App?

I'd hope that they contact by other means too, but yes.

• Like 2

I wonder what proportion of season ticket holders have got the App installed? (I do, I installed it for the light show as ridiculous as that sounds). 

The club will have info I that I guess which will help instruct their communications.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

there isn't a plan B, you can't print these from home, you can't show a screenshot, you can't go to a game if the battery goes on your phone 

Why don't they allow screenshots? I've screenshotted QR codes before and used that to get into other venues before.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â