Season tickets 2024/25

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

OutByEaster?

Hi all, I’ve been seeing a photo of the new north stand with the adidas logo. Where are the R1 seats? I was one of the seats in R2 that had to relocate and it looks like the R1 seats are not there anymore 

2 hours ago, grobs said:

Hi all, I’ve been seeing a photo of the new north stand with the adidas logo. Where are the R1 seats? I was one of the seats in R2 that had to relocate and it looks like the R1 seats are not there anymore 

They just have to put them back in I guess, it's the same at the other end of R

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Have they closed the season ticket waiting list? As it appears to be largely meaningless at the moment?

I don't think they've closed it. It suits the club to have a waiting list.

There's been the odd VT poster denying there is a waiting list which is obviously not true. In very recent years there have been fans who have finally got a season ticket, replacing the couple of hundred fans who couldn't renew that summer, whilst other fans have been informed they've moved up the list by a couple of hundred, from say 27400 to 27200. Most would realise the club couldn't actually sell another another 30k STs as a significant proportion of those waiting would refuse due to finances or a change of circumstances. That still leaves thousands (10k??) willing to replace existing STs, reminding us how lucky we are to pay approaching £1k each to the club, which circles back to my first point.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Have they closed the season ticket waiting list? As it appears to be largely meaningless at the moment?

They've closed it to new entries.

They've alluded to the fact that the waiting list is a pointless venture, and no one in the list will get a season ticket this season.

The list, as a result will shrink a bit as a few hundred people on it may look to take advantage of the GA+ season tickets instead.

I think some FAB notes recently implied they're looking to give waiting list holders some form of advanced access to tickets (presumably after those paying membership but before general sale), but no real news on whether that will actually be the case. I guess having closed it when there was no such benefit, they can be pretty sure that most of the people on it were genuine fans, and then can use that to offer some form of incentive to them.

Actually getting a ticket from the waiting list though will require a new stand, and if your above 5k in the list you probably need us to drop down to the bottom half of the league as well.

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They've closed it to new entries.

They've alluded to the fact that the waiting list is a pointless venture, and no one in the list will get a season ticket this season.

The list, as a result will shrink a bit as a few hundred people on it may look to take advantage of the GA+ season tickets instead.

I think some FAB notes recently implied they're looking to give waiting list holders some form of advanced access to tickets (presumably after those paying membership but before general sale), but no real news on whether that will actually be the case. I guess having closed it when there was no such benefit, they can be pretty sure that most of the people on it were genuine fans, and then can use that to offer some form of incentive to them.

Actually getting a ticket from the waiting list though will require a new stand, and if your above 5k in the list you probably need us to drop down to the bottom half of the league as well.

I'm 30k in the waiting list, I think even if Villa got relegated I wouldn't get anywhere near one. I've long accepted I'm probably never going to have one as the Villa (and I'm sure other Premier League clubs) are trying to get their season ticket caps right down. It's already gone from 30k - 27k, I don't see the club offering new season tickets for a very long time unless its hospitality. 

45 minutes ago, RichW said:

I'm 30k in the waiting list, I think even if Villa got relegated I wouldn't get anywhere near one. I've long accepted I'm probably never going to have one as the Villa (and I'm sure other Premier League clubs) are trying to get their season ticket caps right down. It's already gone from 30k - 27k, I don't see the club offering new season tickets for a very long time unless its hospitality. 

I know someone who joined the waiting list just a couple of months ago and they were 38,000+ position in the waiting list.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It’s not closed closed.  They are not currently allowing new people to join over the summer, but that’s because they have some sort of plan to change what being on the waiting list means. But it was open to join only a few months ago, and will probably be open again once the summer rejig is done. 

Also not completely meaningless, at some point in the future, after a couple of new stands, people on the waiting list will get a seat. I’ve added my young son recently (who isn’t that interested in football) but by the time he turns 30 he might get a seat in the new 70k seater stadium we have at the time. 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

It’s not closed closed.  They are not currently allowing new people to join over the summer, but that’s because they have some sort of plan to change what being on the waiting list means. But it was open to join only a few months ago, and will probably be open again once the summer rejig is done. 

Also not completely meaningless, at some point in the future, after a couple of new stands, people on the waiting list will get a seat. I’ve added my young son recently (who isn’t that interested in football) but by the time he turns 30 he might get a seat in the new 70k seater stadium we have at the time. 

It will be the year 2100 and we will still be arguing if we will get to 50,000 to not, let alone 70k!

59 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It will be the year 2100 and we will still be arguing if we will get to 50,000 to not, let alone 70k!

We will have new Doug Ellis, Trinity and Holte End stands taking us to 70k... but that same North Stand will still be hanging on for dear life.

• Haha 2

If I were guessing, I'd think that the waiting list will be replaced by a membership level that gives you waiting list status - sold firstly to existing people on the waiting list.

A few clubs have tiered memberships and I think we'll follow suit.

So maybe a 'Gold' membership where you're on the waiting list, you get AVTV and you're first in the queue for tickets - restricted to 10,000 people and £100 a season, then a Claret membership that gets you ticket access after Gold members and a free teapot or whatever for £60 a season and finally a £40 a season package for those abroad with no ticket access.

Something like that.

It's interesting calling up to relocate season ticket seats and they say they don't have any availability in certain stands. Like you can't relocate into the Holte End for the last two years now. But obviously people are relocating out of the Holte End each season. I suppose there's a plan behind all of it.

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Like you can't relocate into the Holte End for the last two years now. But obviously people are relocating out of the Holte End each season. 

Maybe no-one does relocate out of the Holte?  Especially after some Holte seats were taken for the GA+ Terrace View.

Not sure when they put these up but it's the first time I am seeing the prices.

75d8dd8f54f186aed3f1a737536a0300.jpg

Imagine paying 3.5k and this is the view.

CornerflagSeatView.png

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not sure when they put these up but it's the first time I am seeing the prices.

75d8dd8f54f186aed3f1a737536a0300.jpg

Imagine paying 3.5k and this is the view.

CornerflagSeatView.png

Interesting that they all include CL games as well.

But that Oak Room needs to have a minimum of four seats booked for £56,000!

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

Interesting that they all include CL games as well.

That's largely down to the frustration last season of European games with big gaps in the hospitality seating - if we draw a team that isn't the highest profile, they don't want a big pale blue gap in the middle of the Trinity Road stand when we're on TV.

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's largely down to the frustration last season of European games with big gaps in the hospitality seating - if we draw a team that isn't the highest profile, they don't want a big pale blue gap in the middle of the Trinity Road stand when we're on TV.

That'll still happen if they don't streamline ticket reallocation.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â