Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

From the development thread:

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 11.05.14.png

That's interesting to note, thank you - those are the 'entry level' season tickets to Villa Park for what might end up being the next decade and looking at sales, I guess the plan works. The demand for ST's is now such that there are people on that list that will pay a lot more. The natural way forward for the club is to let the GA season ticket holding decline naturally and attempt where possible to resell the space at prices that reflect demand.

It's a sad truth of the success of the modern game that even as recently as a decade or so ago, the regular season ticket holder was seen as the lifeblood of clubs; loyal, dependable, and a reliable source of important income. Nowadays, those ticket holders are almost a burden; the people paying least to watch the game and very often taking up some of the best seats. It's a dramatic change and one that the people in charge of clubs have seen earlier and much more clearly than season ticket holders. 

It's simple logic for a club - more people paying £2,500 and less people paying £800 a season is just basic maths in terms of increasing income.

That's the price of success and the deal we make if we want to win.

Unintended consequences of FFP/PSR in its current guise. The sooner they unlink the profit to the spend the better.

As for the demand for the new ga+, there's defintely enough people desperate to go that will pay a premium in a year when we have Emery at the helm and success a likely outcome. Not least those who've given up ever getting to the top of the normal waiting list.

Will it stay that way?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Unintended consequences of FFP/PSR in its current guise. The sooner they unlink the profit to the spend the better.

As for the demand for the new ga+, there's defintely enough people desperate to go that will pay a premium in a year when we have Emery at the helm and success a likely outcome. Not least those who've given up ever getting to the top of the normal waiting list.

Will it stay that way?

Probably - there was a season ticket waiting list even when the genius that is Stevie G was manager.

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Will it stay that way?

40,000 people in that waiting list. Even if 50% wouldn't take a season ticket when offered that's 20,000 waiting.  

If 75% of those can't afford to queue jump to The Cells, that's still 5,000 wanting to pay to go into The Cells. 

If half of those are fair-weather fans and will disappear when the team does badly, that still leaves 2,500 people staying in The Cells long term.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

40,000 people in that waiting list. Even if 50% wouldn't take a season ticket when offered that's 20,000 waiting.  

If 75% of those can't afford to queue jump to The Cells, that's still 5,000 wanting to pay to go into The Cells. 

If half of those are fair-weather fans and will disappear when the team does badly, that still leaves 2,500 people staying in The Cells long term.

I meant more along the lines of if our success isn't sustained... but yes, if it is then I'm sure that not only will it stay that way, but it will likely only get worse. Unless they change the rules.

Update from someone on Facebook who went to VP to look at options for hospitality:

Went to Villa today and spent 2 hours to view options and get an update at one of the hospitality events they are holding there last and this week.

Boxes - there are a waiting list of players who want the boxes.

Directors lounge - with the options offered some have decided to drop down levels. These are at circa £17k a seat now.

82 champions lounge - Uptake had been very strong but not sold out yet.  £6,240 a seat .

New Villains lounge and 150 club in Doug Ellis have a waiting list - big interest. Starts at £5,800 a seat.

6 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well they've announced Cells season tickets have sold out, will be selling match by match in July

Who much are they?

Apologies if it’s already been asked but does anyone know where I can apply for a season card on the website. I’ve renewed and want to request a card. On the email about my renewal there was a link but just takes you to the website. 

23 hours ago, cauley81 said:

So just a note for those 'few and far between' STH that sneer at people in the odd seats.  Some of us are there as we have no choice.  Just as loyal and dedicated as you.

i think (hope) that those days are behind us. this summer will have made folks realise (like you say) that people just don't have a choice anymore.

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i think (hope) that those days are behind us. this summer will have made folks realise (like you say) that people just don't have a choice anymore.

I had a few odd looks last season (when in Holte end), stranger danger. Didn't really get that anywhere else we sat or stood 

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I had a few odd looks last season (when in Holte end), stranger danger. Didn't really get that anywhere else we sat or stood 

thing is it was still new and a lot of it was frustration at the owners/heck that needed to be directed at someone and the TV folks bore the brunt of it (not condoning it in any way, BTW)

now that it's been well communicated that even if your at the top of the waiting list you're still not getting a ST, people should be more understanding

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

thing is it was still new and a lot of it was frustration at the owners/heck that needed to be directed at someone and the TV folks bore the brunt of it (not condoning it in any way, BTW)

now that it's been well communicated that even if your at the top of the waiting list you're still not getting a ST, people should be more understanding

But we weren't TV or LG, we were just new faces

37 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

But we weren't TV or LG, we were just new faces

oh...that's weird? very odd indeed

Â