Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

All of this brings about an interesting problem for the club and one they'll be giving serious thought as to how they'll police - with the demand for season tickets and the knowledge that giving one up means you might never get one again, people are going to be taking more and more extreme measures to hold onto it.

You'll get people that have a baby and decide not to come for a season but don't tell the club and pass the ticket onto someone else so that they don't lose it, you'll have students off to University and having to get a family member to attend "on the sly" for three or four years to ensure they can still have a season ticket when they come back. We know there are Arsenal fans who have burner phones for away tickets, I think we'll see that here too as time goes on and people realise you need the right phone to enter the ground.

Right now, if I were to go off travelling the world for a year, I'd still renew - if I had to, I'd leave that seat 'fallow' for the season - no one would sit in it at all. Where possible, I'd use the club facility to offer it to a family member or friend, and if the club said that I could only do that on a limited number of occasions or lose it...well, I can't, hand on heart, say that I wouldn't just get someone else to attend instead and not tell the club. 

If you get off the season ticket bus today, there won't be another one coming for a decade or more - that's going to make for an awful lot of anxious people taking whatever steps they can to keep hold of theirs.

You raise an interesting point specifically about having children. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are likely to have very limited attendance for at least one season (and that is if they only have one child). 

There must be ways of rewarding loyalty and remaining inclusive eg a kind of maternity/paternity leave for your season ticket. In fact there are a number of reasons that you could be allowed to incur a season ticket ‘sabbatical’ for say a maximum of 3 years. Maybe it could also be transferred to a willing taker on the list for that time. 

I’m not sure the club would ever be that bothered but the maternity issue has occurred to me previously. I’ve never explored it though and for all I know the club already has something in place.

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

You raise an interesting point specifically about having children. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are likely to have very limited attendance for at least one season (and that is if they only have one child). 

There must be ways of rewarding loyalty and remaining inclusive eg a kind of maternity/paternity leave for your season ticket. In fact there are a number of reasons that you could be allowed to incur a season ticket ‘sabbatical’ for say a maximum of 3 years. Maybe it could also be transferred to a willing taker on the list for that time. 

I’m not sure the club would ever be that bothered but the maternity issue has occurred to me previously. I’ve never explored it though and for all I know the club already has something in place.

I have a 2 year old and wife is expecting small Scorpio in October.  No way will I give up my seat now. I've asked for a physical ticket haha.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

I have a 16 month old , last season I can't have attended more than ten games. So yeah I'm paying a 20% fee to just keep my season ticket. More if the seat doesn't sell which the club doesn't want to admit....happens quite often........

Anyways I am really am at the point now where I'm close to giving it up.

15 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I have a 2 year old and wife is expecting small Scorpio in October.  No way will I give up my seat now. I've asked xod a physical ticket haha

Well yea that’s kind of the point. But hypothetically if your wife was a STH aswell, she’s not going to be able to go virtually at all is she and would likely have to give it up. Whilst breeding the future generation of fans. 

We all have general personal circumstances that have meant we give up season tickets over the years- finances, shift work, study, moving house etc but in these days of extra demand there are a generation of female supporters who will have to give up their ticket for childbirth and baby rearing. Just think it’s an interesting point and I wonder if other clubs address it all.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I have a 2 year old and wife is expecting small Scorpio in October.  No way will I give up my seat now. I've asked xod a physical ticket haha

I think you need to read or summat

21 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I think you need to read or summat

What's your issue man? 

I'm just stating if I can't go I've had to ask for a physical card and pay £20 so I can.pass my ticket onto friends or family.

Probably happening to lots of people. Definitely even more pregnant women or recent mothers.

Last year I think I was something like 30k in the waiting list. With them closing the waiting list and not offering new season tickets out for the next couple of years at least (probably never) I doubt I will get to own one in my life time. 😪

• Like 1

Well the club really care if someone uses their ticket ? Digital or card?  Obviously they will have to say you can’t do that but surely issues such as fans buying away tickets and selling them on for profit (sometimes to home fans) are more  pressing issues they should be trying to address?  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

34 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What's your issue man? 

I'm just stating if I can't go I've had to ask for a physical card and pay £20 so I can.pass my ticket onto friends or family.

Probably happening to lots of people. Definitely even more pregnant women or recent mothers.

Steady on, I meant read instead of having all the kids.. should have made that clearer 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Steady on, I meant read instead of having all the kids.. should have made that clearer 

Ok no worries so many idiots on here you never know

16 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Did someone say that you actually have to pay extra now to have a physical ticket, rather than digital? f so how much? Much prefer having the ticket. 

Yes they charge you £20.

And ask you to.justify why. They are doing everything they can to stop sharing of tickets.

• Like 1

But you can just reassign your ticket to a linked fan id anyway. You don't need to have a physical ticket to let your mate go instead. 

If you're planning to share it around lots of different people then a physical card may just be easier. 

Been on the waiting list a couple of years for me and the little one, what's the crack with away tickets? I'm guessing even with a season ticket there is very limited availability/little chance of getting to the away games?

33 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Been on the waiting list a couple of years for me and the little one, what's the crack with away tickets? I'm guessing even with a season ticket there is very limited availability/little chance of getting to the away games?

Unless your an away ST holder, good luck.

It's a closed shop basically.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

If you have pride rewards you can enter a ballot for each away game

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichW said:

Last year I think I was something like 30k in the waiting list. With them closing the waiting list and not offering new season tickets out for the next couple of years at least (probably never) I doubt I will get to own one in my life time. 😪

The highest number i've known someone on the waiting list is 39,000, so its' basically 40,000 people now waiting for a ticket.   We could double the size of our ground to 80,000 capacity and fill it with season ticket holders!

Â