Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

47 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If I was starting out trying to watch Villa I think I would have given up on the idea of getting a season ticket, and watch most of the games on the telly box with a couple of visits to Villa Park and some non league live footy thrown in. By doing this I fear we are making problems down the road with an increasingly ageing season ticket rump and a mass of corporate- where will the next generation of regular match dayers come from? Or do we care about this?

Sounds like a problem for the next set of owners, not their concern.

52 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

On the webpage for the cells, it said there were approximately 300 tickets on sale, so if only 30 left, it’s shows that it was a good decision and supply and demand is really hitting through. 

I guess it depends whether its new people buying these, or whether it people in full corporate hospitality trading down.  One is good, the other is really bad - someone earlier posted that their corporate suite was now £64,000.  If they are abandoning that to get a cheaper GA+, Villa might end up losing money overall.

• Like 1

On 12/06/2024 at 09:55, ender4 said:

Lower Grounds A1 - £2,700 - 68 left

Lower Grounds A2 - £2,700 - 183 left

Lower Grounds A3 - £2,700 - 96 left

Lower Grounds P2 - £2,700 - 194 left

Terrace View K2 - £1,860 - 28 left

The Cells R2 - £1,560 - 34 left

Well they've added a load more now...

Lower Grounds A1 - £2,700 - 68 left

Lower Grounds A2 - £2,700 - 183 left

Lower Grounds A3 - £2,700 - 96 left

Lower Grounds P2 - £2,700 - 194 left

Terrace View K2 - £1,860 - 28 left

Terrace View K3 - £1,860 - 22 left

Terrace View K4 - £1,860 - 16 left

Terrace View K5 - £1,860 - 38 left

Terrace View K6 - £1,860 - 137 left

The Cells R2 - £1,560 - 40 left

What is strange that loads of these seats are singles. They should have shifted people around 1 space to create doubles, as who wants to pay for hospitality and go by themselves??

Edited by ender4

It's some risk by the club , obviously it's good they are trying to push forward but given that we have had 3 ot 4 decent teams in 40 years I wouldn't be surprised if we end up lower mid table again with 30k every week with the pricing 

Just now, mattyvilla said:

It's some risk by the club , obviously it's good they are trying to push forward but given that we have had 3 ot 4 decent teams in 40 years I wouldn't be surprised if we end up lower mid table again with 30k every week with the pricing 

Is it not though that loads of people who would naturally be going aren't right now and won't be able to for the next few years?

I.e. if we were to return to lower end of the table, in a few years time, there is still demand?

Like my 7 year old hasn't got a hope of going to the games. But he would have a season ticket if we were in the championship right now. 

If you've been on the waiting list for a while and have no chance to pay £800 for a season ticket in the next 10 years...

Would you pay double (£800 to £1560) to get a season ticket in The Cells, rather than be waiting 10 years for the Upper Trinity to be available?

If i had the spare money, i might just do that.

Alternatively, if you've been paying match by match which will cost around £1,200 for the Upper Trinity, would you rather pay an extra £400 to be guaranteed a seat and access to The Cells every match?  Again, if i had the spare cash... maybe. 

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If you've been on the waiting list for a while, have no chance to be allowed to pay £800 for a season ticket in the next 10 years...

Would you pay double (£800 to £1560) to get a season ticket in The Cells (rather than be waiting 10 years for the Upper Trinity to be available?

Alternatively, if you've been paying match by match which will cost around £1,200 for the Upper Trinity, would you rather pay an extra £400 to be guaranteed a seat and access to The Cells every match?  Again, if i had the spare cash... maybe. 

If you like the upper trinity, you probably won't like the seats you get with the Cells.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If you like the upper trinity, you probably won't like the seats you get with the Cells.

Ahh, i've always sat in the Upper Trinity so not really sure what these seats are like.   I assume you mean the view, as the seat is just the same seat right?

Just now, ender4 said:

Ahh, i've always sat in the Upper Trinity so not really sure what these seats are like.   I assume you mean the view, as the seat is just the same seat right?

Yes, mainly the view and getting to see both ends of the pitch. But you also aren't being harassed and sworn at by the away fans in the upper trinity.

41 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Is it not though that loads of people who would naturally be going aren't right now and won't be able to for the next few years?

I.e. if we were to return to lower end of the table, in a few years time, there is still demand?

Like my 7 year old hasn't got a hope of going to the games. But he would have a season ticket if we were in the championship right now. 

It would be difficult for the club to go backwards on pricing though , my 4 season tickets have gone from £644 in the championship to over 2.5k in 5 years. We will struggle for crowds at the current pricing if the team starts to struggle 

57 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'm not tall. My legs are crushed in upper north.

Considering buying a season ticket for example Terrece View. But won't use it often myself, living in Norway. What is it like to sell tickets match by match? To cover a good part of the sum. Do you have to sell through the club, or can you sell privately

8 minutes ago, villa82 said:

Considering buying a season ticket for example Terrece View. But won't use it often myself, living in Norway. What is it like to sell tickets match by match? To cover a good part of the sum. Do you have to sell through the club, or can you sell privately

How many matches would you use it for?  If only for 3-4 matches, just buy a Terrace View or Lower Grounds ticket on a match by match basis?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa82 said:

It's a criminal offence to sell privately.

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

It would be difficult for the club to go backwards on pricing though ,

I think the opposite Villa are increasing prices due to FFP and having to limit losses.

If those rules were changed there is no reason they could not cap prices at £30 a ticket like they do for away fans.

The 105 million loss over 3 seasons is why they are milking fans.

Nas has said its an accountants game not a sporting one and he is right.  If we have to abide by draconian rules the players will be fine they are not cutting their wages it's the fans that suffer with £80 shirts and ridiculous ticket prices.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

If you've been on the waiting list for a while and have no chance to pay £800 for a season ticket in the next 10 years...

Would you pay double (£800 to £1560) to get a season ticket in The Cells, rather than be waiting 10 years for the Upper Trinity to be available?

I could in theory afford it but I can’t bring myself to do it. I sit in the family area in Trinity and currently pay about 50 quid ish total for me and my son to go. We spend between 5 and 20 quid on food/drink when we’re there. We went to about 19 matches last season spending a total of about 2k. For us to have 2 x ST in TV, it’s about 3.5k and we’d still have to pay for any food we might want. That’s one hell of a jump and we wouldn’t even be sitting where we like to.  I do expect our ticket prices to jump anyway this season. 

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

On the webpage for the cells, it said there were approximately 300 tickets on sale, so if only 30 left, it’s shows that it was a good decision and supply and demand is really hitting through. 

Supply and demand is definitely driving this - I think people are realising that the waiting list is a bit of a dead end and pushing the boat out.

Whether it's a good decision is kind of open to a conversation I think - it's a good business decision from an income point of view,, no doubt, but that doesn't always mean its the best decision. For example, if the club had raised season ticket prices by 50% instead of 5% this summer, I think they'd still have found buyers for the 27,000-ish they wanted to sell - would that have made that a good decision?

You want people to have enough choice to be able to choose between an £800 season ticket and a £7,000 hospitality ticket - at the moment, choice comes in at about £2,700.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa82 said:

I think if you were to only use it two or three times a year yourself, then the club wouldn't let you renew it - they're looking to tighten up on that Everyone that you gave it to would need to have a client reference or membership so that the club could track who is in which seats and it would all need to be done via the ticket office. 

• Like 1

Â