Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Who knows? Had a few texts from people I’ve got to know in there over the years and they’re all a) furious and b) not renewing 

£60K nearly for a table of four. Jesus.

It's an enormous price rise - there was no indication this was coming?

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the club will get rid of the list in its current form before then anyway.

Ah great. Can't wait for that. Maybe they'll start charging for a place on the list? 

Wonder if they'll announce it or hide it in a Elmohamady interview with Heck.

The shitshow waiting for this lot if Unai stops performing miracles will be a nice silver lining on things actually. 

10 minutes ago, Risso said:

I’ve been in the Director’s Club for the last 6 years. Was just under £7K a seat last year, renewal came through today. £14K. Won’t be getting that next year.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/club-chelsea/annual-packages

The Executive Club

From £13,500 inc VAT

That's £500 more than the equivalent price at Chelsea. 

That's Chelsea in West London.

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's an enormous price rise - there was no indication this was coming?

Nope. The only difference is they’ve included all home games, including CL and cup games. So could be 4 extra, could be 10+ extra. I think they were not pleased with the take up in hospitality for the early Conference games, so are sort of forcing people to go now.

And they’ve renamed it ‘The Oak Room’. And you get a free home shirt.

Just now, Risso said:

I think they were not pleased with the take up in hospitality for the early Conference games, so are sort of forcing people to go now.

Yep, they talked about this and about it being disappointing to see empty areas during the Conference league group games - the solution being make cup games part of the hospitality package.

They didn't mention the doubling of prices to be fair.

5 hours ago, mrchnry said:

It's madness that they're charging £1500 for lower north over by the away fans. You get half a game. 

What do you mean half a game? You don’t have to interact with the away fans 

I interpret the phrase as "day tripper" as a person who just wants to experience a premier league game and doesnt care who is playing or where it is or where they sit.

I don't really think it is being used to describe the fan who cannot afford a ST and can only go if they belong to the membership scheme or get a ticket via general admission.

Mind you, the "day tripper" could easily become the new regular Villa supporter ....

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah great. Can't wait for that. Maybe they'll start charging for a place on the list? 

Wonder if they'll announce it or hide it in a Elmohamady interview with Heck.

The shitshow waiting for this lot if Unai stops performing miracles will be a nice silver lining on things actually. 

A lot of clubs charge you for being on a waiting list, even Ipswich Town do that.

Other clubs such as Arsenal have different levels of membership I.e. gold, silver and bronze with corresponding price levels.

But ssshhhh,.........don't let on to Heck

7 hours ago, mrchnry said:

There's no drinks thrown in with the cells. I believe they remove you from the waiting list. 

It’s incredible. I did the maths on The Cells option working on the assumption that there would be some food and drink thrown in. To find out that there are no complimentary offerings is nuts. What are you actually paying a premium for? A nicer concourse? I would be amazed if these sell.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

What do you mean half a game? You don’t have to interact with the away fans 

I had a season ticket in lower north for 3 seasons. You cannot make out what's happening down the other end of the pitch, like at all. That's why they were always cheaper seats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I had a season ticket in lower north for 3 seasons. You cannot make out what's happening down the other end of the pitch, like at all. That's why they were always cheaper seats. 

Same said for first 10 rows of any football pitch in the prem? 

Old Trafford home end seats an absolute nightmare 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, they talked about this and about it being disappointing to see empty areas during the Conference league group games - the solution being make cup games part of the hospitality package.

They didn't mention the doubling of prices to be fair.

That was always the problem with the original corporate area in the Trinity. We would look over from the Scottish Stand at a sparsely populated corporate space, when the rest of the ground was near enough packed. Whilst I appreciate the club needs to look at ways of increasing revenue, there is always the danger that increasing corporate areas, at the same time as increasing corporate prices, will lead to more empty corporate areas. The demand for seats was clearly there last season, but that was at last season's price structure, when we could often have filled a 60,000 stadium. The 5% increase (although less than had been feared), would still not have been easy for everyone to manage this season and I wonder if enough potential new season ticket holders are out there, that would be able to meet these new corporate prices and to avoid the club having sections of the ground unused. 

Well, going into my 4th season on the waiting list and only potentially having 2 seasons left to go down Villa Park I decided to get a terrace view ticket. You have to admire how quickly the owners have created a massive demand. 

Yes, it's expensive, but you can't want to compete with arsenal and Liverpool and then moan that tickets cost more than Wolves. 

• Like 1

I think they have forgotten we are in one of the poorest areas in England. Even businesses won't renew as they are struggling locally.

If Unai fails and the team drops off the club are in for a rude awakening with all this. I get competing, but at the cost of driving away how many first?

• Like 1

Â