Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

7 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Yes we used to have 12 split into 3 Family groups as kids got older went to Uni and so on and they put prices up we moved from the family area T1 in The North Stand to T2 row T, U and V close to T3 as was better view for same price.

Would not let us change the names on the tickets for the Uni kid so lost one father/son.

When we first started got season tickets as a group 6 years ago in The Championship it was £640 for 2 adults 2 kids in the family area it's now £1968 although no family discount.

We hung on in The North Stand but now I think The Holte is better value adult tickets are £818 as opposed to £765 and that difference gives you a day of your life back from all the queuing and stupid road closers for European games.  Plus it's easier to get refreshments at HT and closer to the car/pub we use.

So proof that even a linked fan Id doesnt help you stay together. They've clearly put zero thought in to the displacement of people that weren't relocated for the purposes of hospitality, and only moved due to the realignment of aisles.

Hopeless.

so let me get this right...  AVFC are doing away with physical cards and going with mobile ticketing exclusively- which is how everything is now here in the US.  However, all I see on VT is fans complaining about how shoddy the cell/wifi service is at Villa Park?  

How in the world are 42000 fans going to suddenly show up, pull out their phones and access tickets with mobile phones AT THE SAME TIME if the cell/wifi network was already poor?  👀 🧐

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

so let me get this right...  AVFC are doing away with physical cards and going with mobile ticketing exclusively- which is how everything is now here in the US.  However, all I see on VT is fans complaining about how shoddy the cell/wifi service is at Villa Park?  

How in the world are 42000 fans going to suddenly show up, pull out their phones and access tickets with mobile phones AT THE SAME TIME if the cell/wifi network was already poor?  👀 🧐

You don't need a signal to access a ticket in your wallet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

You don't need a signal to access a ticket in your wallet.

oh thats good news then!

signal strength was initially a big problem here in the states.  Then I started putting it into my wallet as you stated and avoided the cell service crunch

7 minutes ago, dogbonus said:

Season ticket will be in a wallet and accessible offline.

I heard some US stadia are using facial recognition now....

Columbus Crew use facial recognition and it works like a charm, easiest access I've ever had to get into a stadium.

9 hours ago, S-Platt said:

So the 10 of us want to move to The Holte End.

As difficult as it will be in the North Stand, trying to find a place for ten people together in the Holte end might be very difficult. Good luck!

2 hours ago, OhioVilla said:

Columbus Crew use facial recognition and it works like a charm, easiest access I've ever had to get into a stadium.

It's a no from me Clive.

15 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

fan id yes but not there own digital account. Is this what is needed? has anyone else done this?

For regular match tickets I had to get my lad a digital account so I could get his tickets from that... you can then add it to your wallet... 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 05/06/2024 at 00:06, Davkaus said:

In the lower holte you can sit in row K for £640, but move one row back and it's £818. The seating zones have to have boundaries but that is pretty brutal

If you stretch, and lean back.....is there seat police, to charge you more, on a proportional basis?

" just off to the ticket office to pay for my head and neck"........" oh ok"

" was that a goal"......Nah " his finger was offside"......."oh ok"

Edited by TRO

Posted (edited)
On 07/06/2024 at 21:02, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I think they should have arse recognition where the seat ejects you if it detects an arse impostor. This would speed up entry to the ground as there would be no need for checks at the turnstiles. 

Don’t think one has been made big enough for my Mrs yet

I’m not saying it’s big  but her ass cheeks have different postcodes

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 3

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/en-GB/events/dan test event/2024-7-31_0.00/villa park?hallmap

Interesting test going on on the OS - you can set the amount you're looking to pay for tickets and it shows you the areas where tickets are available at that price.

The range of £46 - £80 might tell us something about the rises for individual matchday prices.

Edit - it doesn't - those are last season's prices - only the sliding scale functionality for availability is new I think.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

https://tickets.avfc.co.uk/en-GB/events/dan test event/2024-7-31_0.00/villa park?hallmap

Interesting test going on on the OS - you can set the amount you're looking to pay for tickets and it shows you the areas where tickets are available at that price.

The range of £46 - £80 might tell us something about the rises for individual matchday prices.

5% raise Heck mused.

Ah well. There are no FFP decisions.

Cocksuckers.

22 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Don’t think one has been made big enough for my Mrs yet

I’m not saying it’s big  but her ass cheeks have different postcodes

Hey ! Les Dawson is still alive and in disguise as Follyfoot.....😊

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Edit - it doesn't - those are last season's prices - only the sliding scale functionality for availability is new I think.

I think the first time we'll know about individual matchday ticket pricing is 1 minute after the website starts selling tickets for the first game.   Why let your customers know about pricing before they make a decision to buy.

Heck might also move to dynamic pricing, so no more Cat A and Cat B matches, every match can go up or down depending on popularity.

• Like 1

Â