Season tickets 2024/25

OutByEaster?

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Contact the club and let them know that you feel the move doesn't put you in the nearest like-for-like seat, with the information on which seats you think are the most sensible like-for-like replacement.

It'd be interesting to see the response on that.

So here’s today’s instalment in the fiasco.
i received a generic e-mail in response to my complaint basically ignoring the questions i raised and stated that my only course of action was to renew the newer seats and then move during the relocation window.

Not being happy with the e-mailed response i rang the ticket office and after an hours wait spoke to an advisor. I’ll caveat what I’m about to write by stating she did refer to her manager when i asked why i had been moved. She came back to me and explained that in the new layout my existing seats are now aisle seats and have been offered to other STH’s that have been affected by the realignment of the gangways whom previously had aisle seats. Furthermore as our seats had been in the middle of a block it was decided to move us to the middle of the next block rather than shuffle us down a couple of seats. Effectively we have been moved from a prime position in the middle of the goal by a whole block.
However when you look at the new seating plan issued by the club our old seats are smack bang in the middle of a block and not aisle seats as stated. So either I have been sold a story or the new seating plan is inaccurate.

I’m flabbergasted by how this has been handled, I suspect that where we have sat for 25+ years will soon be part of The Lower Grounds or Terrace View package because all other explanations are contradictory.

Thank you whoever organised this fiasco, what a way to put a dampener of the season ahead.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

i received a generic e-mail in response to my complaint basically ignoring the questions i raised and stated that my only course of action was to renew the newer seats and then move during the relocation window.

Let us know how you get on in the relocation window please.

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Let us know how you get on in the relocation window please.

To be honest i have no appetite to renew at the moment because of the way this has been presented to us, it feels like they’re sticking 2 fingers up at us. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 05/06/2024 at 00:00, OutByEaster? said:

If you're in T2 and you sit in seat 26, you pay £640.00.

Move one seat to your right into seat 27 and you pay £765.00.

I erm....

I mean....

Really?

Tell me about it!

Now two of us now have to pay £765 while one has to pay £640.

We've been sitting together for years at the same price, even last season T2 prices went up 15-20% yet the bloke sat in the seat across the aisle in T1 price went up 5% or whatever it was.

13 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

To be honest i have no appetite to renew at the moment because of the way this has been presented to us, it feels like they’re sticking 2 fingers up at us. 

I'm 100% with you - that's exactly how I feel.

As I posted earlier I can't even get to renew my seats, no reply to e-mail, waited for 40 minutes to get through on phone only to be told "well I can do it from here, wonder why you can't?, e-mail the club" - if I had any hair left I'd pull it out, and that includes nostril hair which I've already started yanking at.

13 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

I'm renewing because of the obvious reasons. We are playing the best football we've played in decades and competing at the top again. It's also a great social commitment for me and my son.

But this is the least enthused I've been in the process/set up of renewing. 

I really don't like this ripping out seats, to repurpose, creating more additional expensive seats. 

But I suppose as per my top point, they've got us to a large extent haven't they, and there's masses more to step in if not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

I'm renewing because of the obvious reasons. We are playing the best football we've played in decades and competing at the top again. It's also a great social commitment for me and my son.

But this is the least enthused I've been in the process/set up of renewing. 

I really don't like this ripping out seats, to repurpose, creating more additional expensive seats. 

But I suppose as per my top point, they've got us to a large extent haven't they, and there's masses more to step in if not.

100% where I am - although replace son with friend, I have been an ST holder for over 20 years now, and I can just about afford it (although monthly not in one go)

I should be chomping at the bit after last season, but I'm not sure, I sit upper Doug block 2 and as pathetic as it sounds that Terrace View thing they put in the holte still gripes at me, its like ripping the soul slowly out of the club (dramatic I know) telling people that have built small communities in their sections over many years time to move so we can stick some overpriced bar access and class your seat as hospitality.

I guess its the price of success, or even football in general (wife tells me its nearly £30 to rock up and watch Walsall on a matchday, its nearly £20 to watch Tamworth). 

Every man / woman has their tipping point, I do wonder how long it is before many turn round and say enough is enough.  If I did stop I can never see a time where I would be happy to part with £62 (as of last season) to watch a category A game in my block. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

It seems we have been moved and we are directly underneath the TV area whereas previously we were to the left as you look at the pitch.

To rub further salt into out wounds our old seating position remains and someone else will have had their seat position improved at our expense.

It really is a shit show of the highest order.

Yeah as well as being moved away from friends and family I've gone from dead centre of the goal to wide of the six yard box. Not impressed at all.

5 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

100% where I am - although replace son with friend, I have been an ST holder for over 20 years now, and I can just about afford it (although monthly not in one go)

I should be chomping at the bit after last season, but I'm not sure, I sit upper Doug block 2 and as pathetic as it sounds that Terrace View thing they put in the holte still gripes at me, its like ripping the soul slowly out of the club (dramatic I know) telling people that have built small communities in their sections over many years time to move so we can stick some overpriced bar access and class your seat as hospitality.

I guess its the price of success, or even football in general (wife tells me its nearly £30 to rock up and watch Walsall on a matchday, its nearly £20 to watch Tamworth). 

Every man / woman has their tipping point, I do wonder how long it is before many turn round and say enough is enough.  If I did stop I can never see a time where I would be happy to part with £62 (as of last season) to watch a category A game in my block. 

This describes the situation very well.

Clubs are and have been ruthless when extracting money from the fans for a long time....... people have been saying that the working class man is being priced out of the game for years.

Statements like yours make me believe that this closer than ever to being the truth.

4 minutes ago, blunther said:

Yeah as well as being moved away from friends and family I've gone from dead centre of the goal to wide of the six yard box. Not impressed at all.

You’ve probably sat somewhere close to me then👀

17 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

So here’s today’s instalment in the fiasco.

Not being happy with the e-mailed response i rang the ticket office and after an hours wait spoke to an advisor. I’ll caveat what I’m about to write by stating she did refer to her manager when i asked why i had been moved. She came back to me and explained that in the new layout my existing seats are now aisle seats and have been offered to other STH’s that have been affected by the realignment of the gangways whom previously had aisle seats. Furthermore as our seats had been in the middle of a block it was decided to move us to the middle of the next block rather than shuffle us down a couple of seats. Effectively we have been moved from a prime position in the middle of the goal by a whole block.
However when you look at the new seating plan issued by the club our old seats are smack bang in the middle of a block and not aisle seats as stated. So either I have been sold a story or the new seating plan is inaccurate.

I’m flabbergasted by how this has been handled, I suspect that where we have sat for 25+ years will soon be part of The Lower Grounds or Terrace View package because all other explanations are contradictory.

Thank you whoever organised this fiasco, what a way to put a dampener of the season ahead.

Same here mate - I can only imagine the back of L5 in the centre is being reserved for someone that'll pay for the privilege, if not this year then next year. I've renewed for this season because you have to really with what's on the pitch, but one of these days will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

You’ve probably sat somewhere close to me then👀

Sounds like it! I've been moved now to in front of the middle of the new disabled section which was off to my right.

2 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Tell me about it!

Now two of us now have to pay £765 while one has to pay £640.

We've been sitting together for years at the same price, even last season T2 prices went up 15-20% yet the bloke sat in the seat across the aisle in T1 price went up 5% or whatever it was.

The row directly in front of us on the lower Holte are £178 cheaper 

Hooray, they have now sorted my pricing/age issue and i have renewed. Digital ST now - what a difference from my first one 2002/3 when they tore the slips off game by game. 

• Like 4

The next few weeks will be interesting.

The headline moved group - the 919 people who were written to about their seats being changed over for new hospitality - they'll get first dibs on the relocation window and will be selecting 919 seats from the around 12,500-13,000 available - there ought to be a reasonable amount of choice and a pretty good chance they'll be able to sit fairly close to where they sat before. 

The second group, the one that's sort of been sneaked through, are the more concerning one. They're the people who have been moved because of changes to the layout of the Upper North Stand and the Lower Holte End. There seem to be several hundred of these people and there doesn't seem to have been the same levels of thought put into them. These are the people who have been split from friends and family, moved further than seems necessary, or transferred a very short distance but into a new price zone.

I don't think they're being included in the "first" relocation windows, it's not clear (no honestly, it's not) whether those windows are purely for those affected by hospitality changes or for everyone that's being moved. They weren't given advance communication of the moves, there isn't the same clarity on what's happening to them and crucially, if they're going to be in the "Traditional Relocation Window" they're now behind the other 919 in the relocation window.

In theory that should be easier for the ones in the Holte End - none of the 919 are in there, so unless they've been hankering for a move to the Holte, they're unlikely to take up the seats that displaced Holte Enders would like - in the North Stand it could get trickier, there's less space, there are 250 new hospitality spots and there are changes to the layout and the aisles which affect price zones. There are about 4,000 seats up there, and once the 250 relocates have been placed, and the 250 hospitality accommodated - there will be less choice for the people moved around up here to fit in around season ticket holders that weren't moved around.

The relocation period will be key - people will want to move a few seats in one way or another to get back in touch with their groups, or to get nearer to their old seat, or to move one row forward or one seat sidewards and save £130 - I think there are going to be a lot of these requests and it's really important that the club is ready to accommodate them. I hope the club has that in mind and is ready for that.

As ever, communication will be key to that, it's important that the club are open and clear as to how people can move, the process for doing it, any affect it has on pricing or future season tickets and so on. On the evidence of the last six months that seems unlikely and it might fall on fans to try to keep each other informed on best practice and how its working out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

As ever, communication will be key to that, it's important that the club are open and clear as to how people can move, the process for doing it, any affect it has on pricing or future season tickets and so on. On the evidence of the last six months that seems unlikely and it might fall on fans to try to keep each other informed on best practice and how its working out.

And herein lies the problem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The next few weeks will be interesting.

The headline moved group - the 919 people who were written to about their seats being changed over for new hospitality - they'll get first dibs on the relocation window and will be selecting 919 seats from the around 12,500-13,000 available - there ought to be a reasonable amount of choice and a pretty good chance they'll be able to sit fairly close to where they sat before. 

The second group, the one that's sort of been sneaked through, are the more concerning one. They're the people who have been moved because of changes to the layout of the Upper North Stand and the Lower Holte End. There seem to be several hundred of these people and there doesn't seem to have been the same levels of thought put into them. These are the people who have been split from friends and family, moved further than seems necessary, or transferred a very short distance but into a new price zone.

I don't think they're being included in the "first" relocation windows, it's not clear (no honestly, it's not) whether those windows are purely for those affected by hospitality changes or for everyone that's being moved. They weren't given advance communication of the moves, there isn't the same clarity on what's happening to them and crucially, if they're going to be in the "Traditional Relocation Window" they're now behind the other 919 in the relocation window.

In theory that should be easier for the ones in the Holte End - none of the 919 are in there, so unless they've been hankering for a move to the Holte, they're unlikely to take up the seats that displaced Holte Enders would like - in the North Stand it could get trickier, there's less space, there are 250 new hospitality spots and there are changes to the layout and the aisles which affect price zones. There are about 4,000 seats up there, and once the 250 relocates have been placed, and the 250 hospitality accommodated - there will be less choice for the people moved around up here to fit in around season ticket holders that weren't moved around.

The relocation period will be key - people will want to move a few seats in one way or another to get back in touch with their groups, or to get nearer to their old seat, or to move one row forward or one seat sidewards and save £130 - I think there are going to be a lot of these requests and it's really important that the club is ready to accommodate them. I hope the club has that in mind and is ready for that.

So my seats are across 3 rows a 5, 3 and 2 

The 5 have moved further left as you look at the pitch and the 3 and 2 further right.

We want to move closer together but this might not be possible in The North Stand as other season ticket holders will have been moved into the seats in front of the 5 for instance.

So the 10 of us want to move to The Holte End.

This will be the same for loads of people I would think not quite so easy to get back as it was if the seats are already filled by other moving season ticket holders!

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Do you know where in the North stand that hospitality is going, and what sort of hospitality it is?

I don’t think you will have to wait too long to find this out. I’ve been told that there are 2 new general admission plus areas (basically equivalent to the Terrace View) being launched on Monday. I assume that will include the North Stand.

Normal corporate hospitality is also being launched on Monday as well. So early next week there should be a pretty clear picture of everything that is on offer across the whole ground and at what cost.

I’ve read a lot of comments on here about poor communication from the club, but my experience has actually been pretty good - I’ve contacted them twice in the last week and they have been quick to respond and been fairly clear with the information, even if some of it has been “just wait and see”. It’s shame not everyone seems to be having the same response from the Club though, frustrating.

Edited by GeordieVillan

6 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I don’t think you will have to wait too long to find this out. I’ve been told that there are 2 new general admission plus areas (basically equivalent to the Terrace View) being launched on Monday. I assume that will include the North Stand.

Normal corporate hospitality is also being launched on Monday as well. So early next week there should be a pretty clear picture of everything that is on offer across the whole ground and at what cost.

I’ve read a lot of comments on here about poor communication from the club, but my experience has actually been pretty good - I’ve contacted them twice in the last week and they have been quick to respond and been fairly clear with the information, even if some of it has been “just wait and see”. It’s shame not everyone seems to be having the same response from the Club though, frustrating.

Trying to get through to them is a big challenge,  getting consistent information off whoever you get through to is another...

but the main issue is that a lot of the "wait and see" information is information they should already have confirmed on the website.  Then they wouldn't have people calling up with impossible requests at this time, allowing those with genuine queries to get through. 

More communication, in this instance, would be helpful.

16 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

So my seats are across 3 rows a 5, 3 and 2 

The 5 have moved further left as you look at the pitch and the 3 and 2 further right.

We want to move closer together but this might not be possible in The North Stand as other season ticket holders will have been moved into the seats in front of the 5 for instance.

So the 10 of us want to move to The Holte End.

This will be the same for loads of people I would think not quite so easy to get back as it was if the seats are already filled by other moving season ticket holders!

Out of interest, are the fan id's for the 10 linked in anyway?  I.e. do you all have a relationship / strong relationship with your group in the system?

Â