Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just a nonsense link. We all know we have squad cost issues and we are trying to make our squad younger and lower wage. We are also well covered in wide positions to the point that Illing Jr is going on loan. Zero chance of this being true.

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

A replacement is irrelevant here, especially when you've just invented their costs. Simply put, I'm right to say that if well someone with 2 years left on their contract for half their remaining book value, the FFP loss is the same either way excluding wages.

Anyway, in your scenario, we save £2m for the season, but we also have a worse player we don't want. And you can't sign the player you wanted for that price the next season.

This part is the new information for me: "Any booked loss remains in Squad cost Rule for 3 years while wages and amortisation is just the current year." That would have to be a consideration yes.

You clearly aren't getting it. There's cost of a player and the P/L cost of selling a player. Both are relevant. If we sold Carlos for a loss and saved his wages it could be offset yes. But we then don't have a player. The reason we have the cost is we have the benefit of the player. So it's relevant to factor in replacing a player who is needed with the cost of the replacement.

As for Squad Cost Rule. The last 3 years of P/L of player sales is included as part of income pro rata (annualised so divided by 3). So if we sell a player at a loss of 6m we get 2m loss in the squad cost calculations. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Andersen is miles and miles and miles better than Carlos.

I've wanted Villa to sign him for yonks. A leader, good in the air and one of the best passing defenders in the Premiership.

Villa should have been all over this.

• Like 3

be happy enough to have sterling on loan as a like for like replacement for Diaby. Would even be big enough to overlook the stupid flappy handed lift wristed way that he runs
on his day he is still a dangerous player and wasnt long ago was Englands best player in a major tournament

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Erisken from United for a bit of experience? He has looked incredibly bored the entire time he has been up there. Probably would have been better for him if he stayed at Brentford.

We aren't a theme park.

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's on something like £375k a week. Which is so much money it's hilarious.

I wouldn't even want him as one of our higher earners because it's just not where we should be putting our money. He's on the downslope, inconsistent, greedy on the pitch and kicks the ball weird and I don't like it.

Only way I'm interested is if he's on around fifth of his current wage and we get him for nothing. £0 of a fee. I think that's pretty unlikely.

Still not interested.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Erisken from United for a bit of experience? He has looked incredibly bored the entire time he has been up there. Probably would have been better for him if he stayed at Brentford.

Far too slow in the prem now. Probably someone Slippy would've been in for.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â