Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'll explain. 

If we sell Carlos for say £8m we book a loss of £5m as a result. But we save £5m in wages.

We then sign a replacement for £25m on 5 year deal so £5m amortisation cost and let's say £3m salary.

So we now have a cost of £8m and a loss of £5m so for PSR this season it's -£13m 

If we keep Carlos he will cost us £11m in remaining wages and amortisation for the season. So it's cheaper keeping him.

Then come end of the season we sell him for £6m we book a loss of 0 and remove his cost from the books of £11m sign his replacement as above and costs us £8m per year.

So now we've lowered cost by £3m, replaced him and booked no loss. Any booked loss remains in Squad cost Rule for 3 years while wages and amortisation is just the current year. 

A replacement is irrelevant here, especially when you've just invented their costs. Simply put, I'm right to say that if well someone with 2 years left on their contract for half their remaining book value, the FFP loss is the same either way excluding wages.

Anyway, in your scenario, we save £2m for the season, but we also have a worse player we don't want. And you can't sign the player you wanted for that price the next season.

This part is the new information for me: "Any booked loss remains in Squad cost Rule for 3 years while wages and amortisation is just the current year." That would have to be a consideration yes.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

The full context of the statement. 

doesn’t seem likely 

Probably not, but missing out on Felix we must have other names on the list?

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Probably not, but missing out on Felix we must have other names on the list?

Monchi has an 8-10 player shortlist for every position 

we have options. 

but first, we need to sell a senior player 

Just now, Tomaszk said:

The risk Sterling will flop for he money it would cost us a massive massive noooo.

It may not cost as much as we think, Chelsea will be desperate to get rid of him.

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It may not cost as much as we think, Chelsea will be desperate to get rid of him.

The irony is that whilst this is true, there's probably better and more affordable options in the 1000 other players they need to sell to reduce their squad size to the registration limit.

Just now, duke313 said:

good for them, and maybe that tells us something, Sterling is sh*t, would be a terrible signing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You need to set expectations on we're already done. If you think we're bringing in 2 more players without Duran ans Carlos being sold you're setting yourself up for a disappointment. 

Agree we're largely done but I personally think Monchi being the wheeler dealer that he is, will bring in at least player - be it perm or loan. That'll probably be a defender of some sort. I'm just being greedy in saying I'd like additional CF cover but one more defender and we can comfortably compete bar a speight of injuries 

I get the cost angle and it's valid. My view is based more on the human side where Monchi will be sat getting calls and seeing deals flying around like mad over the next week or so and I find it hard to think that he'll just sit on his hands and do nothing.

Just now, duke313 said:

Which type of player is that?

Huge wage demands, past their best etc. Been burnt before so I can’t see it.

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's on something like £375k a week. Which is so much money it's hilarious.

On 06/07/2022 at 23:03, Tomaszk said:

Getting £45m and Sterling's £300k a week off the payroll is incredible for them.

Mental from Chelsea.

I wouldn't even want him as one of our higher earners because it's just not where we should be putting our money. He's on the downslope, inconsistent, greedy on the pitch and kicks the ball weird and I don't like it.

Only way I'm interested is if he's on around fifth of his current wage and we get him for nothing. £0 of a fee. I think that's pretty unlikely.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

We don't have enough for you? 🤣

Just think we have Rogers, Ramsey, JPB and Buendia as attacking right-footed midfielders, now we just have Bailey, plus McGinn can play further up too.  SIJ is a work in progress and think he will be groomed to be an attacking left back. Just think a left-footer would balance it out a bit.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â