Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

If Monchi pulls out a surprise loan deal out of nowhere on deadline day or the day before... who are your predictions for who it could be?

I'm going for Lukaku to add to our Belgian contingent or JG 🙈 (not that I want him) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not a chance we're paying his wages thank ****

If at 11pm they're sat with him on the books and we offer to cover 50%...

No in all seriousness, I'm throwing out some left field suggestions to get the ball rolling. I think we'll get a CB on loan

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Shiiiiiit! 😂

Dw, I’ll take a good break once the window is over and stop annoying everyone! 😆

I doubt it.

6 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

If Monchi pulls out a surprise loan deal out of nowhere on deadline day or the day before... who are your predictions for who it could be?

I'm going for Lukaku to add to our Belgian contingent or JG 🙈 (not that I want him) 

Comparisons can be silly, but I remember when Lukaku's hero Drogba scored almost every time he played for Chelsea. Around 2010. He was basically the same age then as Lukaku is now. I don't know. He might be a good extra hired gun for this year? We need to go into Tombstone (aka the Champions League) fully loaded.

9 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

If at 11pm they're sat with him on the books and we offer to cover 50%...

No in all seriousness, I'm throwing out some left field suggestions to get the ball rolling. I think we'll get a CB on loan

No panic or crazy signings please… and, thankfully, I don’t think we will do anything like that. We aren’t desperate for players…just key additions if they are out there and represent good value and/or potential.

We don’t need any dusty old ballers, crocks, past it players and especially anyone on over or demanding 200k p w wages.

We don’t want to harm what we have, no egos, no d***heads, no disruptive personalities.

I really do think Onana & Maatsen are and will prove to be big signings and… the biggest thing is that they have that hunger, respect (particularly for the manager), attitude, dedication and willingness to be part of and contribute to the team (rather than selfish or self absorbed).

We are building something special and to last… no need to mess with the formula.

I was so pleased by the celebrations on Saturday… everyone looks to be together and on the same wavelength. We need to keep it that way…

Not a disaster if we don’t sign anyone but one or two players that “buy in” and make us stronger are more than welcome… we have a great challenge ahead of us so a bit more help would be great.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Highly unlikely we'll shift Diego and donk, which means we are probably done. Hoping we pull one last signing out of the bag

I think Donk will go.

To add… after struggling to shift so many subpar, ageing, overpaid and crocked players over recent years…

the worst thing we could do is add to that list and burden.

We’re finally clearing up most of the mess that has been made… let’s not add to that pile. 

I believe we will continue to do sensible business and not recklessly overpay for anyone who just isn’t up to it and who won’t be with us for a long while… it’s about the whole now, rather than individual (other than Unai - he is and needs to remain the “man at the top”. Let him work in peace).

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No panic or crazy signings please… and, thankfully, I don’t think we will do anything like that. We aren’t desperate for players…just key additions if they are out there and represent good value and/or potential.

I think from this point forward we have a superb core group but we probably still need one or two short-termers to reinforce for the CL. It's time for little deals and big names? I totally agree -- no panic signings, please.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think from this point forward we have a superb core group but we probably still need one or two short-termers to reinforce for the CL. It's time for little deals and big names?

We have no need to chase names… the only players we should chase are the ones Unai has identified and wants in particular. The rest will be targets that will have been identified and agreed upon with Monchi and co… 

We have a brilliant group… and I love how we keep surprising everyone and, in their eyes not ours, overachieving or causing upsets/shocks. Maybe we should have more faith in our manager and players… I think they deserve it. Did anyone really think we would dominate and turn West Ham over? Preseason negativity and pessimism has been… well, startling and widespread.

Maybe you mean top performers or kind of star players… in that regard I would not necessarily disagree (especially if there is a bargain or two to be had out there) but it also seems like Unai prefers to turn or develop players into those rather than just go for the ready made (and expensive) option. He’s improved pretty much or almost every player at his disposal…

Or a player that is obviously talented but can be elevated further… someone like Baena? I like it…

I don’t agree with short term deals… I see no point in that. I don’t want any more burdens on the club… Coutinho is one of the more vivid examples and lessons to learn from but there have been so many in recent years and many over the course of our previous decline. Expensive mistakes.

We need to keep our wage budget under control… I think that’s very important.

The rebuild has been incredible… let’s not spoil it now.

We need players that are more than willing to listen and follow Unai’s methods rather than question or ignore them… signing any players like that would ruin what we have managed to instil… 

Anyway, I don’t think anyone at the club would bother with doing anything that would jeopardise, endanger or hinder the harmony and progression at the club.

It’s been remarkable and wonderful to experience… long may it continue.

31 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Probably two of the worst targets we could possibly have…

spacer.png

It’s amazing how far we’ve come with the signings we make and the links we have. I look at the signings the teams in the bottom half make and they wouldn’t even get a sniff at our team, but rewind just a couple of years and we were in the same position. We have come so, so far. 

23 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We have no need to chase names… the only players we should chase are the ones Unai has identified and wants in particular. The rest will be targets that will have been identified and agreed upon with Monchi and co… 

We have a brilliant group… and I love how we keep surprising everyone and, in their eyes not ours, overachieving or causing upsets/shocks. Maybe we should have more faith in our manager and players… I think they deserve it. Did anyone really think we would dominate and turn West Ham over? Preseason negativity and pessimism has been… well, startling and widespread.

Maybe you mean top performers or kind of star players… in that regard I would not necessarily disagree (especially if there is a bargain or two to be had out there) but it also seems like Unai prefers to turn or develop players into those rather than just go for the ready made (and expensive) option. He’s improved pretty much or almost every player at his disposal…

Or a player that is obviously talented but can be elevated further… someone like Baena? I like it…

I don’t agree with short term deals… I see no point in that. I don’t want any more burdens on the club… Coutinho is one of the more vivid examples and lessons to learn from but there have been so many in recent years and many over the course of our previous decline. Expensive mistakes.

We need to keep our wage budget under control… I think that’s very important.

The rebuild has been incredible… let’s not spoil it now.

Sorry, yes, that's what I meant. Excellent players (who often are well known though not always). 😉

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Probably two of the worst targets we could possibly have…

spacer.png

I don't think Lukaku is really on the table anyway, from what I've seen. But someone who is older and can score and is coming for the short-term -- like Coutinho but actually still really good -- works for me.

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't think Lukaku is really on the table anyway, from what I've seen. But someone who is older and can score and is coming for the short-term -- like Coutinho but actually still really good -- works for me.

I think Watkins and (a focussed and dedicated, also improving)  Duran is an excellent CF department. At a push, we would have players like Rogers to fill in if necessary.

I really don’t see the point of a veteran striker… it’s just a short term arrangement and why waste finances on such a player? I know you just used one example in Lukaku but he would be poor imo… way past his best, massive wages and would cause disruption… a player like that would not be happy to sit on the bench. His last spell at Chelsea was dismal too…how would it affect Ollie and Jhon? When you have such assets… it’s not wise to disrupt or upset them. Duran wants more game time… he has an opportunity now.

It’s a scary or concerning transfer policy/strategy imo.

We need some help in defence and a “game changer” in the 10 or SS position would be the cherry on top, although not essential. We have options there too but would have to shift players from other positions.

Well stocked in central midfield.

At the same time, I do see the season as a challenge (objectives are to be competitive in CL and to qualify for it again, Unai has clearly stated that more than once) but… short term and expensive moves or fixes would be a massive mistake imo and completely unnecessary. I hope and believe we will only see players arrive that fit into our vision, plans, system, style and so on… that will be a part of our progress and development over many years. More signings like Maatsen and Onana… or even Pau.

We just need to look long term… and it’s not all about this season (no matter how well we want and intend to do)…everything does not ride on this season alone. We want to keep moving in the right direction for the foreseeable future, as Unai said - we don’t want this to be anecdotal or a one off experience/venture.

We have a great mix of young players with enough wise and experienced heads/leaders such as Emi, Konsa, Pau, Digne, Tielemans, McGinn, Watkins, Bailey… Mings on the way back. And Unai has committed to a long term contract. Stability and sustainability are the keywords…

no dusty old ballers 😆

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think Watkins and (a focussed and dedicated, also improving)  Duran is an excellent CF department. At a push, we would have players like Rogers to fill in if necessary.

I really don’t see the point of a veteran striker… it’s just a short term arrangement and why waste finances on such a player? I know you just used one example in Lukaku but he would be poor imo… way past his best, massive wages and would cause disruption… a player like that would not be happy to sit on the bench. His last spell at Chelsea was dismal too…how would it affect Ollie and Jhon? When you have such assets… it’s not wise to disrupt or upset them. Duran wants more game time… he has an opportunity now.

It’s a scary or concerning transfer policy/strategy imo.

We need some help in defence and a “game changer” in the 10 or SS position would be the cherry on top, although not essential. We have options there too but would have to shift players from other positions.

Well stocked in central midfield.

At the same time, I do see the season as a challenge (objectives are to be competitive in CL and to qualify for it again, Unai has clearly stated that more than once) but… short term and expensive moves or fixes would be a massive mistake imo and completely unnecessary. I hope and believe we will only see players arrive that fit into our vision, plans, system, style and so on… that will be a part of our progress and development over many years. More signings like Maatsen and Onana… or even Pau.

We just need to look long term… and it’s not all about this season (no matter how well we want and intend to do)…everything does not ride on this season alone. We want to keep moving in the right direction for the foreseeable future, as Unai said - we don’t want this to be anecdotal or a one off experience/venture.

We have a great mix of young players with enough wise and experienced heads/leaders such as Emi, Konsa, Pau, Digne, Tielemans, McGinn, Watkins, Bailey… Mings on the way back. And Unai has committed to a long term contract. Stability and sustainability are the keywords…

no dusty old ballers 😆

Very wise words, and I agree with a lot of what you say. I think the niggling concern I have is that the important skill sets "The Joaoker" might have brought to Villa -- an ability to work the tight spaces, a bit like a Haveertz (?), seemed important in the arguments for Felix, as much as I don't think he was the exact player we needed. Duran showed a few times last year that he couldn't unlock the low block, which was sort of our Achilles, but of course, he may grow. A Duran can perhaps make up for it. I guess we'll see. He's a favorite of mine.

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

**** gutted tonight.

Carlos deal falling through because other clubs perennially undervalue our players compared to the rest - WHY? We are a champions league outfit. As if Andersen is significantly better than Diego.

Now Moreno leaving, not even for a fee - loan with option to buy which probably will not be initiated, and he will be too old next summer to recoup a decent fee.

Where are these brilliant Monchi negotiations we were promised? Is this it?

Andersen is miles and miles and miles better than Carlos.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â