Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I was thinking the other day, how weird it is that there are hardly any Spanish players in the league… certainly not from an attacking perspective, anyway. The only one I could think of was Jota at Liverpool - then I quickly realised that he isn’t even Spanish, but Portuguese. It came to mind because I was certain we would see an influx of Spanish players, but it just hasn’t happened. Even Pep doesn’t sign too many Spaniards unless they are defensive players. Why is it the case? 

Edited by Tayls

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

One out… one in? 👀

tbf, we still have a 27 man squad currently, and thats after Moreno leaves, right now its 28.

we probably need to offload a couple more, ideally.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I did hear that a while back but then told Villa were looking elsewhere although with the silly money being spent in this window for the reported 40 mill ( and a reasonable wage demand)nott a bad shout Oli and Toney up front.

Thank you for replying ☺️ 

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

What relevance is that? [the answer is 4 goals and 2 assists]

I wasn't trying to get into the discussion of Buendia's form in that time; the points made were:

1. he was barely making the squad at the time, despite appearing in all of 25 matches under Emery (and ,in fact, every game that season) for an average playing time of 74 minutes
  2. so then we weren't very good during that period, despite picking up 49 points in 25 matches.

This was in discussion about him getting back to his best, or indeed improving beyond that under Emery like most of our squad did dramatically last season, so that we perhaps don't actually need to buy a new number 10. And I think I'd be happy with that, if Duran is staying.

I would say he played so many games as we picked up quite a few injuries in his positions that season under Emery. When everyone was fit, both Ramsey and Bailey were picked ahead of him. Probably Coutinho too, but he is made of glass.

I don't particularly rate him, I think he has his limitations. However I also think he has his strong points as well, and can play a role for us. Would I prefer better, yes. Am I happy for him to be a back up, of course. Much prefer him as back up 10, then Cash as first choice right back, or Carlos as first change centre back.

5 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

Neither Konsa or Torres would go for anywhere near that much.  Only players targeted by the top teams under long term contracts would even possibly go for that much in the current climate.  Man City or the likes would not be going for either.  Konsa or Torres may go for £30-40m in today's market.  Gomez's price depends on how much you rate him I guess, but he isn't in the same league as Konsa or Torres in my opinion.  so at best he's a £20m player.

I disagree. Konsa is a top centre half approaching his prime, an international, who can also cover right back. He's easily worth that  and there's no way Villa would sell for anything less. If City needed a player like him they would pay that. Not that I give a toss.

Liverpool would tell you to get bent for 20m for Gomez and rightly so. He's not quite as good as Konsa (few are) but still an experienced centre half with lots of great experience and still young. He's as good as Guehi who's being talked about for 60m. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â