Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I fully agree, pundits rarely put any research in to Villa. All last season it was the same buzz lines about Emery is the game changer, as true as that is, they never really backed it up with anything. Same whenever talking about our players. “ollie is so important to Villa” that’s about it. Nothing about Konsa, Doug/Kamara, Bailey.. just ollie. 

and this season, Villa not featured in most people’s top 4 lists. But no reason why. It’s like they believe we flunked it last season and we ain’t doing it again. 

as far as doing the PL and CL.. we did it last season, with the conference, with 3 key players injured too. Now we’ve got a bigger stronger squad, we somehow not going to cope. How? Pundits are meant to be the experts, they should know this stuff. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really rate Kilman but fair enough he's maybe not better Gomez. But if the former cost 40m than surely 30m is decent value for the latter ?

I think £30m is fair. Versatile defender and an upgrade on Carlos in my opinion. 

Geertruida would be more of a replacement for Cash I'd guess? Although he can cover CB as well

• Like 1

I would have originally said keep Carlos and sell Cash, bringing in Geertruida. But as Cash has now done his hamstring that’s not an option. 

From Emerys words I think Carlos is likely to stay though. 

With all the talk on No10s I do wonder if the plan was always to have Rogers/Buendia supporting Watkins and the new No10 come in alongside Ramsey on the left, as by all accounts we’ve been looking at right footers it would seem.

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Found this interesting.

Not really transfer related but it’s spot on. Even on MOTD, the highlights made it seem like West Ham were in the game when in reality, we should have been out of sight at half time. 

We're one of the biggest supported teams back home it the 35+ age group so you always get a lot of coverage of Villa as a result in Irish podcasts/media. 

What they say is right, the pundits are personalities not football analysts. They're not going to spend time trying to learn about Villa and that's fine.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, burchy said:

I would have originally said keep Carlos and sell Cash, bringing in Geertruida. But as Cash has now done his hamstring that’s not an option. 

From Emerys words I think Carlos is likely to stay though. 

With all the talk on No10s I do wonder if the plan was always to have Rogers/Buendia supporting Watkins and the new No10 come in alongside Ramsey on the left, as by all accounts we’ve been looking at right footers it would seem.

He's done his Hamstring?

When did this happen?

That aside... I think just Shifting Moreno and Cam should allow us room for Geertuda etc 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's done his Hamstring?

When did this happen?

That aside... I think just Shifting Moreno and Cam should allow us room for Geertuda etc 

Pulled up vs West Ham, then Kosta came on.

We’ll probably go with Carlos at CB and Konsa at RB for Arsenal…

Really need an addition in defence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Pulled up vs West Ham, then Kosta came on.

We’ll probably go with Carlos at CB and Konsa at RB for Arsenal…

Really need an addition in defence.

Wonder if he'll be tempted to throw Kosta in the deep end for pace.

Probably too much of a risk right now though, looked nervous against West Ham

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wonder if he'll be tempted to throw Kosta in the deep end for pace.

Probably too much of a risk right now though, looked nervous against West Ham

I think it is… needs to be eased in and not have pressure heaped on him so soon.

Carlos did well in the big games last season tbf.

Gerty makes a lot of sense… and (unless we want another defender/CB) better than overpaying for a PL/English player. Anything over 25m for players like Gomez and Chalobah is excessive… not to mention the wages 🤦‍♂️

Wouldn’t be averse to a loan though.. maybe more possible with the Chelsea lad who has been rejected and sidelined. Moronic club.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Kevin De Huyne?

No idea, those psychos never make much sense like the idiots who run their club 🤷‍♂️

Absolute joke and embarrassment.

59 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I think @Brentfordnylons suggested we may be interested a while back. Unless I read his message wrong.

I did hear that a while back but then told Villa were looking elsewhere although with the silly money being spent in this window for the reported 40 mill ( and a reasonable wage demand)nott a bad shout Oli and Toney up front.

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Cost us the game at Old Trafford

You reckon? I thought midfield or lack of it cost us the game. 

Carlos did very well against Arsenal and City at home last season.  Looked a lot better when paired with Tores rather than Lenglat.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â