Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Buendia needs to be given a chance - if only to prove his long term fitness and capability to play so that we can sell him for a decent amount in the summer. 

His deal is up in 2026. This year is crucial for him if he’s able to get back to his best post-injury. 

Buendia doesn't have the physical profile nor pace to play as one of the attacking players in this new era Emery side. He's also not big enough to transition into a central midfielder either. He's just lost unfortunately in this squad. 

If we lose Rogers for a few months I think we're exposed as we sold Diaby so there's nobody with the pace and ball carrying skills to play with Watkins.

It's a gap and hopefully not one we'll suffer from this season with a bit of injury luck on our side for once.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

His deal is up in 2026. This year is crucial for him if he’s able to get back to his best post-injury. 

His ‘best’ being barely able to make the squad. 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Buendia doesn't have the physical profile nor pace to play as one of the attacking players in this new era Emery side. He's also not big enough to transition into a central midfielder either. He's just lost unfortunately in this squad. 

If we lose Rogers for a few months I think we're exposed as we sold Diaby so there's nobody with the pace and ball carrying skills to play with Watkins.

It's a gap and hopefully not one we'll suffer from this season with a bit of injury luck on our side for once.

If we lost Rogers then Bailey would play that role.

However, I think we’re trying to bring in somebody to compete with Rogers which then allows Bailey to compete and switch up with McGinn and perhaps Philogene on the right hand side.

You’re right though, Buendia has no place in this side. A loan would suit everybody if we can sign another no. 10. If we don’t, then Buendia might get the odd cup game. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

However, I think we’re trying to bring in somebody to compete with Rogers which then allows Bailey to compete and switch up with McGinn and perhaps Philogene on the right hand side.

You’re right though, Buendia has no place in this side. A loan would suit everybody if we can sign another no. 10. If we don’t, then Buendia might get the odd cup game. 

This take is madness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

His ‘best’ being barely able to make the squad. 

Playing every single game = "barely able to make the squad" now.

He did only average 74 minutes per game across all of those 25/25 PL appearances under Emery though I suppose.

Edited by fightoffyour

Just a reminder with the window soon closing we reach a crucial ‘I told you so’ moment.

Please submit those personal insights and summary judgements soon or you will be in danger of missing the opportunity to post about how “I said ______, and you all laughed but look what happened” 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

So a CB starting only 17 league games in a team that struggled a bit defensively.  Is that a £30m player?  I know he's versatile and can come on from the bench, but £30m is surely an outright starter.

Liverpool didn't struggle defensively. And form / tactics determines whether you should start, not value. On that though, Konsa and Torres would be circa 60-70m each if you bought them now.

If Gomez is 30m, that's a very decent price for him.

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Playing every single game = "barely able to make the squad" now

That was when we weren’t very good and even then, Bailey was playing ahead of him and he struggled to lock down a spot in the side. His excuse was always, oh, he’s better on the right, or, he’s better as a ten, or, he’s better as a left sided midfielder.

It’s all nonsense. He’s a decent footballer with below average physical traits. You’re all romanticising about him because as always, a player is amazing whenever they’re injured. Same happened to Wesley (“oh, but that Burnley game!!”).

Buendia ain’t getting into this Emery super team anytime soon. He has Rogers, Ramsey, McGinn, Bailey, Tielemans and Philogene ahead of him in any position you might think he could play. And all of those players mentioned can play multiple positions well.

Get him out on loan. Try and maintain some value in him and sell in the Summer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That was when we weren’t very good and even then, Bailey was playing ahead of him and he struggled to lock down a spot in the side. His excuse was always, oh, he’s better on the right, or, he’s better as a ten, or, he’s better as a left sided midfielder.

It’s all nonsense. He’s a decent footballer with below average physical traits. You’re all romanticising about him because as always, a player is amazing whenever they’re injured. Same happened to Wesley (“oh, but that Burnley game!!”).

Buendia ain’t getting into this Emery super team anytime soon. He has Rogers, Ramsey, McGinn, Bailey, Tielemans and Philogene ahead of him in any position you might think he could play. And all of those players mentioned can play multiple positions well.

Get him out on loan. Try and maintain some value in him and sell in the Summer.

He looked superb in pre season before his injury. 

There was a time you thought Emery didn't trust Bailey, so I'll take this review with a pinch of salt.

Just now, DCJonah said:

There was a time you thought Emery didn't trust Bailey, so I'll take this review with a pinch of salt.

Maybe there was a time where Emery didn’t trust Bailey? Oh, because he started playing well, the criticism of all the times he was piss poor was invalid, yeh? 

I’ll praise players when they play well and criticise them when they’re crap and make mistakes.

On the whole, I don’t think Buendia is good enough for this team and I think he gets very limited game time with our current squad. Add another attacking player and those chances diminish to zero chance of him playing. 

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe you're right we're going to add a player to compete with Rogers for the S/S role. Lo Celso fits the bill, he ranks very highly on the progressive carries, passes and successful take ons. He's just the right player for the S/S role with the budget we've got. 

Whatever people may think about signing him, his fitness record, lack of game time at Spurs etc. There's no denying he fits the profile of what Emery wants from the S/S role

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But, pre season results and performances don’t matter, right? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That was when we weren’t very good

We accumulated 49 points in 25 games at 1.96 ppg during that period. Buendia played in every match for an average of 74 minutes.

"Barely able to make the squad" and "we weren't very good" are two complete and utter fictions.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol you’re always so blind to the truth.

Ok, let’s see how much he plays for us then. If he does, and plays well, fine, I’ll doff my cap, but he’s been mostly rubbish since he joined and a massive let down at the price we paid.

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

We accumulated 49 points in 25 games at 1.96 ppg during that period. Buendia played in every match for an average of 74 minutes.

"Barely able to make the squad" and "we weren't very good" are two complete and utter fictions.

Maybe in your mind. Delphinho operates on a different plain mentally to most of you lot. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â