Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, tezzaleed said:

So a CB starting only 17 league games in a team that struggled a bit defensively.  Is that a £30m player?  I know he's versatile and can come on from the bench, but £30m is surely an outright starter.

I think he'd be a good signing, but yeah--each to their own!

6 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

So a CB starting only 17 league games in a team that struggled a bit defensively.  Is that a £30m player?  I know he's versatile and can come on from the bench, but £30m is surely an outright starter.

Eh?  You mean Liverpool?  They had the third best defensive record in the league last season.

Edited by duke313

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Did he though? I know he used to tweet under Fball_insights too. The only journalist call Ings to us early was on Aug 1 

The betting markets were up also (not always a clear sign) but in July The Athletic reported our interest but insisted he’d go to a club in Europe. It’s entirely possible to piece stuff in the public domain and make a claim. If he didn’t mass delete stuff I’d give him more credibility but it’s impossible to verify now. 

I've been following him since he mentioned the Ings deal. Back then on his Fball_insights account I think he wanted to be known as an ITK account where as since he rebranded to TalkinTactics he drops hints every now and again. Find him more believable then accounts that seem desperate to post about anything e.g. agentbosch. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RichW said:

I've been following him since he mentioned the Ings deal. Back then on his Fball_insights account I think he wanted to be known as an ITK account where as since he rebranded to TalkinTactics he drops hints every now and again. Find him more believable then accounts that seem desperate to post about anything e.g. agentbosch. 

Bosch is embarrassing, a sad melt. I have my scepticism about this guy but it’s nothing personal. I have enjoyed their tactical posts. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

so much for the promises of Champions league riches ..  (net) outspent by Brighton to the tune of €100 m , Wet Spam have outspent us by €66m and even Ipswich have outspent us by €50m 

lets hope we still have a mega surprise up our sleeves , or we will be joining Newcastle in the one and done camp 

image.png.181284a2e104ac4a8c07506a0118a38b.png

Strange post.  If your point is that CL is no longer the promised land, well Club reps from the Owners down have already stated multiple times that even CL qualification hasn't prevented us from having to sell to buy  because of PSR/FFP restrictions.  And how it's indicative that the system is flawed and skewed in favour of the established Sky 6.  Would you expect them to disregard those requirements and simply increase our net spend? 

Of the teams with higher net spend, you have Brighton (Caicedo),  West Ham (Rice), and Spurs (Kane) still with £100m+ sales revenues on their books for the three year period.   So they have more freedom to spend without further selling.  The Grealish receipts are now off our books for PSR purposes. 

There are several clubs whose revenues are much higher than ours, including West Ham with their 65,000 seater stadium and London prices. 

Then there are a couple of promoted clubs spending their promotion/TV windfalls to bolster their chances of survival like we did when we came up. 

The only slight anomaly there is perhaps Bournemouth, but a net spend of -£38m is hardly earth shattering.

Plus the window is still open so this could change significantly.       

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Do you have a link? He does love to delete stuff 

He regularly gets attacked for an opinion on a team/player and will often delete the tweet to stop it. Also I have seen him retract a rumour because he was updated that it was false (I DMd him about it).

Either way an interesting link but not overly exciting for an immediate impact necessarily. 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

so much for the promises of Champions league riches ..  (net) outspent by Brighton to the tune of €100 m , Wet Spam have outspent us by €66m and even Ipswich have outspent us by €50m 

lets hope we still have a mega surprise up our sleeves , or we will be joining Newcastle in the one and done camp 

image.png.181284a2e104ac4a8c07506a0118a38b.png

Spending is spending (does not involve selling) - net spend only applies to balancing books.

We have spent more than everyone besides Chelsea if I am reading that right.

29 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

😅

I suspect looking at the previous 3 seasons as a whole will tell a different story. Let’s see how the rest of the window unfolds. How squad capacity is managed. I think we’re at a point whereby additions need to be very considered. Quality upgrades in positions of relative weakness.  For instance, would signing Felix hindered Rodgers development? A bloated squad makes me queasy. 

From the match day team on Saturday, I can see clear upgrade to be had at RB. Maybe, Buendia and Carlos. But beyond that I’m struggling. 

a CB has to be a priority  even with Mings coming back 

RB definitely needs upgrading , 

And that elusive bit of quality in  the second striker  / Ollie backup role role , I like Rogers but i don't think he is going to terrify CL teams like Barcelona , Madrid etc  

sure PSR etc plays a part in that but I can't believe we sold Diaby to replace him with Jaden 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We have Duran ahead of Rogers. This wishful signing isn't happening. Arsenal are playing converted AMs at striker and City have no one but Haaland bar some academy players. Spurs have bet the farm on Solanke. What's the VT obsession with getting some mentioned duds like Lukaku and Tammy in "just in case"...

I agree with you, but also will add we do need that one extra special game changing player who’s above everyone else as mentioned by striker / Andy Grays some in threads yesterday. All of our players are at a similar level and / or potential but we need IMO a world class signing sooner rather than later to be able to compete. Dunno who that is and when but we do need someone 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We have Duran ahead of Rogers. This wishful signing isn't happening. Arsenal are playing converted AMs at striker and City have no one but Haaland bar some academy players. Spurs have bet the farm on Solanke. What's the VT obsession with getting some mentioned duds like Lukaku and Tammy in "just in case"...

I think I'd cry if we brought in Lukaku or Tammy.

Scouring the market to bring in 1 or 2 highly rated young prospects wouldn't be terrible though, like Spurs have done with Lucas Bergvall.

55 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

a CB has to be a priority  even with Mings coming back 

RB definitely needs upgrading , 

And that elusive bit of quality in  the second striker  / Ollie backup role role , I like Rogers but i don't think he is going to terrify CL teams like Barcelona , Madrid etc  

sure PSR etc plays a part in that but I can't believe we sold Diaby to replace him with Jaden 

We sold him because Diaby was effectively replaced by Bailey and Rogers and had very quickly become a very expensive rotation option who was physically limited for the league. 

You’ll see the real benefit of selling Diaby next summer when we don’t have to firesale a key first team member ala Luiz as we had to with Luiz. 

13 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We sold him because Diaby was effectively replaced by Bailey and Rogers and had very quickly become a very expensive rotation option who was physically limited for the league. 

You’ll see the real benefit of selling Diaby next summer when we don’t have to firesale a key first team member ala Luiz as we had to with Luiz. 

The first sentence above is probably part of the truth, but Vidagany pretty much called out when he was on Talksport last week, that the Diaby sale was due to SCCR for UEFA purposes, as whilst the Luiz sale helped with PSR, it didn't help with SCCR.

I think it's highly likely we'd have kep him otherwise (IMO).

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Atalanta the only link I've seen for Cash to move to this summer, they're about to buy Bellanova as a RB, so looks like Cash is staying unless someone from.the Prem comes in for.him

Spurs need to pick that link back up again 😏

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I agree with you, but also will add we do need that one extra special game changing player who’s above everyone else as mentioned by striker / Andy Grays some in threads yesterday. All of our players are at a similar level and / or potential but we need IMO a world class signing sooner rather than later to be able to compete. Dunno who that is and when but we do need someone 

FlZWY6XWQAch5N3.jpg

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I think the way we play we don't really have a standout, "moment of magic" type player. 

We have Emery's system, and players will come in and hopefully excel within the system.  All smaller cogs in a larger machine.

The benefit of this is we won't collapse if we lose a player due to PSR etc.

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

FlZWY6XWQAch5N3.jpg

Nope not good enough based on the point I was making … fine player he is but he needs to be sold as he isn’t worth a new contract IMO 

Edited by thabucks

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Nope not good enough based on the point I was making … fine player he is but he needs to be sold as he isn’t worth a new contract IMO 

Based on 24 games (ever present) under Emery in his first season and not having the opportunity to improve drastically last year like everybody else? He needs to be given a chance, not sold.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Based on 24 games (ever present) under Emery in his first season and not having the opportunity to improve drastically last year like everybody else? He needs to be given a chance, not sold.

Agree to disagree as this isn’t the buendia thread 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â