Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Gomez has missed 6 games in the last 2 years. He is not injury prone.

He doesn't hardly play so I thought h4 3qs injured. So not good enough to getting their first eleven yet is worth 40m apparently? That's even worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Well, he's also been there before.  Maybe he loved living in London and everyone at the club.  Plus they'll be paying him a very, very good wage.  Who knows.

I just despise anyone going to Chelsea tbh, scum club who aren’t playing by the same rules as everyone else. They were great under Roman and of course would have been attractive then but he’s long gone. 

Not only are you joining a club with a ridiculous amount of players on the books and a bizarre strategy, you’re joining a club who are unlikely to win anything soon, probably will have changed manager by the end of the season, and you’re playing in the Conference league. I was under the impression this guy wanted champions league clubs only, well he’s made himself look very daft there.

Sorry but I have strong feelings on this and I’d have thought other posters would given the disrespect he’s shown us (if it really was a choice between Chelsea and us).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He doesn't hardly play so I thought h4 3qs injured. So not good enough to getting their first eleven yet is worth 40m apparently? That's even worse.

51 games last season. 31 games the season before.

42 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

so much for the promises of Champions league riches ..  (net) outspent by Brighton to the tune of €100 m , Wet Spam have outspent us by €66m and even Ipswich have outspent us by €50m 

lets hope we still have a mega surprise up our sleeves , or we will be joining Newcastle in the one and done camp 

image.png.181284a2e104ac4a8c07506a0118a38b.png

You realise the quantity of players we have brought in, the upgrades, the height upgrades. It's been a good window and will be even better by the end of it

51 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

so much for the promises of Champions league riches ..  (net) outspent by Brighton to the tune of €100 m , Wet Spam have outspent us by €66m and even Ipswich have outspent us by €50m 

lets hope we still have a mega surprise up our sleeves , or we will be joining Newcastle in the one and done camp 

image.png.181284a2e104ac4a8c07506a0118a38b.png

Another way of looking at that table would be to say that we have spent more than Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool and Man City.  You know the other teams who would be targetting finishing in the Top 6 this season.  Chelsea's spending is nothing to admire.

43 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

where as everyone can see exactly what you are  :P 

its an observation , we are being outspent despite reaching the promised land  .. its going to be hard to stay there if our rivals are outspending us 

Any fool can spend money and there are plenty of fools in the premier league. 

The trick is buying e-x-a-c-t-l-y the right players for your tactics and players that can develop into world class players. We seem to be one of the best in the league at that. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I just despise anyone going to Chelsea tbh, scum club who aren’t playing by the same rules as everyone else. They were great under Roman and of course would have been attractive then but he’s long gone. 

Not only are you joining a club with a ridiculous amount of players on the books and a bizarre strategy, you’re joining a club who are unlikely to win anything soon, probably will have changed manager by the end of the season, and you’re playing in the Conference league. I was under the impression this guy wanted champions league clubs only, well he’s made himself look very daft there.

Sorry but I have strong feelings on this and I’d have thought other posters would given the disrespect he’s shown us (if it really was a choice between Chelsea and us).

They were even more scummy under Roman. They were Putin's club.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

You'd think he'd say if there was anything concrete then? Just saying it's one to keep our eye on seems vague at best. 

He’s dropped hints on us signing players a few times now. Ings which was insane. And like 5 days before Zaniolo signed too. He also said that archer wasn’t going to Bournemouth but somewhere close by before Southampton was posted

• Thanks 2

I couldn't care less about the net spend cup. I hope we always spend less than we make. All I care about is having the squad we need and we're still a defender or 2 away from that in terms of quality.

I'd like to move Cash on and get a better right back in. If that guy also covers centre half, great. Otherwise a centre half in and Carlos out. Gomez is a good option for that. I don't understand why he's not rated higher on here. He had one bad season a couple of years ago. Before that he was top class and was very good last year. Proper competition for Konsa and can slot in anywhere across the back 4 / 5. Maybe try for a loan.

Cash / Carlos / Moreno out - Geertruida / Gomez in improves us a lot, and really rounds off the squad this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Gomez has missed 6 games in the last 2 years. He is not injury prone.

1 of those games was due to a virus.

Hang on.  Gomez has played in every Liverpool game bar 6 in the last 2 years.  That can't be right, or do you mean he was in the squad.  if so he may not be fit to be in the squad but I get what you mean.  he's still rubbish though.

Just now, tezzaleed said:

Hang on.  Gomez has played in every Liverpool game bar 6 in the last 2 years.  That can't be right, or do you mean he was in the squad.  if so he may not be fit to be in the squad but I get what you mean.  he's still rubbish though.

My point is that he isn't injury prone.

18 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s dropped hints on us signing players a few times now. Ings which was insane. And like 5 days before Zaniolo signed too. He also said that archer wasn’t going to Bournemouth but somewhere close by before Southampton was posted

Yeah reading a few comments, he does seem to get some genuine ITK information but does delete posts that he gets incorrect to hide so gotta take it with a pinch of salt. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

its an observation , we are being outspent despite reaching the promised land  .. its going to be hard to stay there if our rivals are outspending us 

By his user name, he is quite the gentleman

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

😅

I suspect looking at the previous 3 seasons as a whole will tell a different story. Let’s see how the rest of the window unfolds. How squad capacity is managed. I think we’re at a point whereby additions need to be very considered. Quality upgrades in positions of relative weakness.  For instance, would signing Felix hindered Rodgers development? A bloated squad makes me queasy. 

From the match day team on Saturday, I can see clear upgrade to be had at RB. Maybe, Buendia and Carlos. But beyond that I’m struggling. 

36 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Did he though? I know he used to tweet under Fball_insights too. The only journalist call Ings to us early was on Aug 1 

The betting markets were up also (not always a clear sign) but in July The Athletic reported our interest but insisted he’d go to a club in Europe. It’s entirely possible to piece stuff in the public domain and make a claim. If he didn’t mass delete stuff I’d give him more credibility but it’s impossible to verify now. 

Edited by The_Steve

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

You'll have to give me 50p to do that donkey work for you.

So, last season he started the following -

17 in the League (played in 32 total)

4 in League Cup (played in 5 total)

6 in Europa League (played in 10 total)

@tezzaleed

• Thanks 1

So a CB starting only 17 league games in a team that struggled a bit defensively.  Is that a £30m player?  I know he's versatile and can come on from the bench, but £30m is surely an outright starter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â