Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

9 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think that is the rumour as the guy tends to get information.

You'd think he'd say if there was anything concrete then? Just saying it's one to keep our eye on seems vague at best. 

47 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Felix choosing Chelsea over us just shows what a fool he is, circus of a club and a Championship manager. Only went there because he grew up watching them win trophies, Villa is a better option for his career under a manager who would absolutely get the best out of him.

Just shows how brainless these modern footballers are.

Where's the evidence that he chose Chelsea over us? 

• Like 2

Just now, Rolta said:

Where's the evidence that he chose Chelsea over us? 

Two tier 1 journalists saying he's joining Chelsea. Andy Gray's son who seems to be closely linked to the workings of the Felix deal suggesting that we did everything that we could to sign him but he wanted London. 

If anything he chose a city over us. 

15 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

You'd think he'd say if there was anything concrete then? Just saying it's one to keep our eye on seems vague at best. 

I've followed him since he called the Bailey transfer a couple of weeks before it happened. He's since changed his account to one focused on tactics but he clearly works within the game and has some contacts around transfers. If he's posting that then I would say there's at least some interest there.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

4 minutes ago, djdabush said:

I've followed him since he called the Bailey transfer a couple of weeks before it happened. He's since changed his account to one focused on tactics but he clearly works within the game and has some contacts around transfers. If he's posting that then I would say there's at least some interest there.

He was the first person to call Ings too. He's not usually flaunting that he had inside information, but clearly does at times as he's called a few transfers.

That said he did also say something similar about Villa fans should keep an eye on Youssouf Fofana, and that obviously wasn't the case*

*Though he followed it up with saying Villa would be looking for a more athletic midfielder over the summer. And Onana does fit that bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

Wasn't there noise that we sent a plane out to Turkey recently, but not to Istanbul?

Yeah last week some time I believe. 

TalkinTactics rarely comments on transfers and when he does he is usually on the money.

The Talking Tactics guy also deletes stuff that doesn’t happen - there’s a common fallacy for this - see the deleted replies that are still up. 

it's still one bloke's opinion and he recently deleted a bunch of salty opinions about Onana after some fans called him out 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anything11 said:

I can't see anything from those posts?

Things don't materialise. I have definitive ITK about a few things over the last year that never eventuated and therefore no way of proving it.

Not denying he gets it wrong and/or deletes posts. I have had it out with him on one occasion via twitter.

However, after following him for quite some time I can say that he rarely says much about transfers. 

My point is: if he was that accurate he would not delete so many tweets regarding transfer rumours. If you click into the tweet you see that the original post was deleted. 

This person replied to a deleted tweet about a Villa-related rumour 

spacer.png 

It is easy to make yourself look knowledgeable about deals if you delete all you get wrong. I can guarantee he will delete the aforementioned tweet come September if we don't sign him. 

• Thanks 1

The Athletic reporting our interest in Gomez again today. Also saying Fulham interest in Anderson hasn't progressed since was reported. 

It's possible Gomez was first choice for Emery but finances were difficult if we landed Felix. Now it looks like Carlos out and a replacement in is the only deal we're looking to do Gomez (as Emery loves the versatility of players) might be back to the top of the list. He brings a wealth of experience and has won the lot with Liverpool. He's only just turned 27 so plenty of years ahead at top level.

There's a lot of sense signing a player who has proven in the PL and CL like Gomez and I'd favour him over Geertruida if I was to pick

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Felix choosing Chelsea over us just shows what a fool he is, circus of a club and a Championship manager. Only went there because he grew up watching them win trophies, Villa is a better option for his career under a manager who would absolutely get the best out of him.

Just shows how brainless these modern footballers are.

Well, he's also been there before.  Maybe he loved living in London and everyone at the club.  Plus they'll be paying him a very, very good wage.  Who knows.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Two tier 1 journalists saying he's joining Chelsea. Andy Gray's son who seems to be closely linked to the workings of the Felix deal suggesting that we did everything that we could to sign him but he wanted London. 

If anything he chose a city over us. 

if anything he chose the 2nd most successful English club in his life time over us...

and i read the point more as was there anything really that solid that we were actually after him or ever in talks with him or made a bid? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

My point is: if he was that accurate he would not delete so many tweets regarding transfer rumours. If you click into the tweet you see that the original post was deleted. 

This person replied to a deleted tweet about a Villa-related rumour 

spacer.png 

It is easy to make yourself look knowledgeable about deals if you delete all you get wrong. I can guarantee he will delete the aforementioned tweet come September if we don't sign him. 

He regularly clears his page regardless, but I've not seen him outright claim something was happening and then delete it. Which ones were these if so?

He called Archer to Southampton about a week before anyone else, for what it's worth.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i wonder how much dosh we actually have to spend.

I don’t think we have much currently other things need to align to free up finances, like moving Donks wages on.

13 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He regularly clears his page regardless, but I've not seen him outright claim something was happening and then delete it. Which ones were these if so?

He called Archer to Southampton about a week before anyone else, for what it's worth.

Do you have a link? He does love to delete stuff 

20 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

I think Gomez would be a shrewd move IF the price is right.

I've seen £40m quoted somewhere and for me that would be overpaying. 

I think that was part of the inflated swap deal Liverpool were planning with Newcastle which collapsed as Newcastle did their inflated deal with Forest instead.

I think Gomez around £30m is fair price. 

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â