Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, burchy said:

I think we're being cautious with our business this window for PSR reasons, which is a boring but sensible way to go.  Personally I'd like Geertruida to come in and us to go for a couple of up and comings like Nypan and/or Kiliçsoy.

As a Bailey alternative @Leeroy I'd like to see us go for PSVs Johan Bakayoko but that isn't happening unfortunately 😭

I know it’s only one game but Maatsen looks like he’s going to provide an enormous upgrade down the left side. Geertruida would be that for our right side and together that’ll be lethal.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye it has, but lets be honest, it isnt a signing that makes worldwide fans go "omg, look at Villa, they are cooking, they got X player, i cant believe they managed it".....etc etc.

im not trying to be negative, im super happy with the Onana signing, but he isnt seen as a marquee signing i dont think.

True agree with that, mad thing is Felix would have been that signing and I'm not sure he'd have had as big an impact as Onana will.

Just now, beasley14 said:

True agree with that, mad thing is Felix would have been that signing and I'm not sure he'd have had as big an impact as Onana will.

you could be right!

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I am delighted, I was just saying I would love a marquee no. 10 type player in.

I want functional signings not marquee signings personally. We spent a lot on Coutinho as a marquee signing... not worth it. We spend very little on Rogers and he's had a great impact.

I think honestly now we won't see additions unless there's departures. Moreno will leave and we won't replace him, same with Denodoncker if he moves on. If Carlos or Duran leave we will replace them, but I don't think we'll see an incoming transfer otherwise, and if we do it'll be somewhat budget friendly. I think we're very close to our squad cost ratio with UEFA?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

And yet at Dortmund he seems a different player. Might be best for him to go back there.

Who knows Emery could get the best out of him in terms or consistency 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Just noticed Emery managed Kubo for a season at Villarreal - worth a cheeky bid 😂 his release clause is €60mill … I think we need that elite level player as we have so much potential but need that sweet icing on the cake 

If we could sign Kubo he'd definitely be pulling the 2 strings needed to take us forward.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

ye it has, but lets be honest, it isnt a signing that makes worldwide fans go "omg, look at Villa, they are cooking, they got X player, i cant believe they managed it".....etc etc.

im not trying to be negative, im super happy with the Onana signing, but he isnt seen as a marquee signing i dont think.

It has… I posted examples a while back. A lot of fans are envious of that signing and can’t believe we got him ahead of their clubs. Along with the saying “Villa are gonna be a problem”.

It has been seen as quite the coup for us. And he will continue to make a difference.

Was chased by “big clubs” too but they were out off by the cost… we’ve actually got a great deal if not a potential bargain here. Young and will only get better and more valuable… especially under Unai’s coaching and guidance. I think he will be unleashed here and was severely held back beforehand.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i wonder how much dosh we actually have to spend.

No idea I’m waiting for the accounts towards the end of the season so I can work out where I think we are again after this window

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

I want functional signings not marquee signings personally. We spent a lot on Coutinho as a marquee signing... not worth it. We spend very little on Rogers and he's had a great impact.

I think honestly now we won't see additions unless there's departures. Moreno will leave and we won't replace him, same with Denodoncker if he moves on. If Carlos or Duran leave we will replace them, but I don't think we'll see an incoming transfer otherwise, and if we do it'll be somewhat budget friendly. I think we're very close to our squad cost ratio with UEFA?

To be fair If we make our outs happen in the next two weeks and get in a centre back and right back of sufficient quality….

i think we are done with squad building, top quality only after that with few first team squad signings 

50 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If we could sign Kubo he'd definitely be pulling the 2 strings needed to take us forward.

Think I’d take a gamble on that cherki if he hasn’t gone and there is still money or space after 

For me it's all about the defence. We must get Geertruida over the line. Then if possible move on Cash or Carlos for another centre back (assuming Moreno leaving opens space for Geertruida), but a young one with massive potential.

We have loads of players that can play no 10, all very different from eachother. So if I were to choose a forward player it would be a versatile one that can play 10, wide on the right, and even striker. 

Felix would have fit the bill, but considering he would expect to be first choice, I think he would have ended the season wanting to leave as he l isn't as good as Ramsey and Rogers, and so was more often found warming the bench.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

I don't think the idea is for the marquee signing to be shit.

Emery isn't an idiot. He wanted Felix. I was 100% up for seeing how he'd be able to unlock an undoubted attacking talent spoilt by playing under one of the most negative managers out there. 

Felix is 24 (I think). I believe watching Emery working his magic on him would have been another great modern Villa story. And I hope they have another option. 

• Like 2

Felix choosing Chelsea over us just shows what a fool he is, circus of a club and a Championship manager. Only went there because he grew up watching them win trophies, Villa is a better option for his career under a manager who would absolutely get the best out of him.

Just shows how brainless these modern footballers are.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Onana is a top signing, but he isnt really a marquee/headline grabbing signing tbf.

I disagree. I think if another club had signed him I would have thought that's a brilliant signing. There wasn't really much rumours about him but when Ornstein tweeted that we had agreed a deal I thought that's going to be our statement signing this summer. We've managed to take advantage of Everton's poor financial situation and also where they have been in the league over the past few years otherwise if they were a mid-table side I'm not convinced we'd have pulled it off personally, even Everton fans were surprised he came to us. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â