Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah but you can only play one of them at a time in each position. Chelsea ably demonstrate that you can have too much of a good thing. We have good depth now, we proved it on Saturday. 

Yeah Chelsea are a basket case and I’m certainly not jealous of how the owners are running them.

We have a really strong side, our central midfield options are really strong, probably amongst the best in the league, and we are strong in most other positions too.

I just would have liked us to sign another flair player like Bailey, someone unpredictable who can make things happen. But at the same time I was really impressed by Rogers on Saturday and we have decent options off the bench so hopefully we’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yes but that is just kicking the can down the road.

But if they can’t sell them, they won’t leave them in the stands they’ll send them out for game time.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But if they can’t sell them, they won’t leave them in the stands they’ll send them out for game time.

You’re only allowed to have loan out 6 players now per season  (U21 players excluded) so they’ve gotta sell a hell host of players between now and the end of the window … 

Edited by thabucks

Man there’s some grumpy people in here. I’m not even convinced we anyone else to come in! …..except possibly a defender. But if that doesn’t materialise then so be it. Fingers crossed we are in a healthy financial position so we don’t have to sell heavily next summer. 

Just noticed Emery managed Kubo for a season at Villarreal - worth a cheeky bid 😂 his release clause is €60mill … I think we need that elite level player as we have so much potential but need that sweet icing on the cake 

Edited by thabucks

I think we're being cautious with our business this window for PSR reasons, which is a boring but sensible way to go.  Personally I'd like Geertruida to come in and us to go for a couple of up and comings like Nypan and/or Kiliçsoy.

As a Bailey alternative @Leeroy I'd like to see us go for PSVs Johan Bakayoko but that isn't happening unfortunately 😭

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thabucks said:

You’re only allowed to have loan out 6 players now per season  (U21 players excluded) so they’ve gotta sell a hell host of players between now and the end of the window … 

I was talking about us.

• Haha 1

Jadon Sancho?!  Monchi's not daft enough to take on his astronomical wages surely. I'd rather we re-sign Jores Okore 😅  (just joking but he's out of contract)

• Like 1

I know this is greedy but with us being in the champions league I did hope we would have a big fk off marquee signing that would really signpost how far we have come in 2 years.

That said, since Curcic, Collymore and more recently Coutinho I know we have been burned with these types 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

20 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Maybe we could offer Dendoncker to Daniel Levy for £30m to replace Bentancur

Bloody Cash doing him again.

51 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I know this is greedy but with us being in the champions league I did hope we would have a big fk off marquee signing that would really signpost how far we have come in 2 years.

Onana - club record signing for £50 million.

Smashed our previous record!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Onana - club record signing for £50 million.

Smashed our previous record!

Onana is a top signing, but he isnt really a marquee/headline grabbing signing tbf.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Onana is a top signing, but he isnt really a marquee/headline grabbing signing tbf.

It got a fair bit of news from the pundits etc to be fair 

Just now, beasley14 said:

It got a fair bit of news from the pundits etc to be fair 

ye it has, but lets be honest, it isnt a signing that makes worldwide fans go "omg, look at Villa, they are cooking, they got X player, i cant believe they managed it".....etc etc.

im not trying to be negative, im super happy with the Onana signing, but he isnt seen as a marquee signing i dont think.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Marquee signing for me, he makes us title challengers 😉

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â