Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

Now that Felix to Chelsea is pretty much confirmed.  Hopefully we can start to make progress with some of his alternatives? 

can we close his never ending thread too 

• Like 1

Geertrudia definitely would improve us on the right-side of defence, regard the number 10 role Rogers is currently doing that & doing it well, Beundia is back up & you could also use Mcginn & Tielemans in that role. I see one more in if we can move somebody on.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I was thinking we might get a 10 in but if Rogers is going to play there and we have Buendia back as well as McGinn and Tielemans who play there occasionally, maybe that's enough?

Yeah I was thinking this too, if we sold Duran we for sure needed another forward. However with Buendia back and the progress Rogers is making. We are likely ok for the position. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, paul514 said:

can we close his never ending thread too 

I never want to hear about Felix again! 

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Yeah I was thinking this too, if we sold Duran we for sure needed another forward. However with Buendia back and the progress Rogers is making. We are likely ok for the position. 

I'd hope Duran is staying now, but if he goes, we'll need a good backup, quickly. 

Spoiler

Tammy Abraham - £21m :ph34r:

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

The only thing that might be a concern is if someone like Ramsey picks up another injury or even Rogers, we'd be looking a bit weak out wide. Philogene or Iling Junior would have to step up.

Just now, villan95 said:

The only thing that might be a concern is if someone like Ramsey picks up another injury or even Rogers, we'd be looking a bit weak out wide. Philogene or Iling Junior would have to step up.

Which I would hope is exactly why we brought them in - no point having them otherwise. 

Philogene in particular is so clearly rated by Unai - he is here to bring energy in the last 30 mins, be a good rotation option for busy games or 'lesser' games, and start if necessary. From next season, he is here to challenge Bailey for a starting spot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Have we even had the very slightest link for Baena? Or is it just a name that we think will fit? 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’ve never seen a link 

Matteo Moretto has linked him previously, from what I've seen he's the most reliable guy in Spain. One of - if not the - first to call Torres to Villa as well as heaps of others unrelated to us.

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Which I would hope is exactly why we brought them in - no point having them otherwise. 

Philogene in particular is so clearly rated by Unai - he is here to bring energy in the last 30 mins, be a good rotation option for busy games or 'lesser' games, and start if necessary. From next season, he is here to challenge Bailey for a starting spot. 

Oh no doubt he has talent and like you say is highly rated by Unai but he is unproven at this level right now so would have to step up in that sense. Interesting that you mention Bailey as I was just thinking he is probably the only player that we don't have a like for like replacement for now. A tricky left footed player on that right hand side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Funny enough he was in brum Saturday night, he turned up outside Bushwhackers with his entourage and couldn’t get in for some reason but anyway i dont think he has the motivation to perform here yet very talented player

And yet at Dortmund he seems a different player. Might be best for him to go back there.

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Need 2/3 to be sold to make that happen. Can't see it personally.

Moreno off presumably too. There’s room in the squad for like for like now Archer left. Might be surprised if another fringe name goes. 

Think we’re probably done this window as I called a few weeks ago, unless we can shift players out. If we can offload Carlos and Moreno, Geertruida will probably join. Don’t see an attacker coming in unless we sell Duran which wouldn’t be a smart thing to do. We can’t seem to spend money like there’s no tomorrow like Chelsea do, I hope they have the book thrown at them.

I still think it’s been an average window, but having seen us against West Ham it seems like we are still in a good place because we were very good. Cash looks a weak link defensively so I’d still like Geertruida to come in, but otherwise we looked in great shape. I suppose I am just jealous of seeing Chelsea buy flair players like Neto and Felix, to add to Nkunku and Palmer, it’s ridiculous what we’re up against, but at least we have a brilliant manager to help us.

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I suppose I am just jealous of seeing Chelsea buy flair players like Neto and Felix, to add to Nkunku and Palmer, it’s ridiculous what we’re up against, but at least we have a brilliant manager to help us.

Yeah but you can only play one of them at a time in each position. Chelsea ably demonstrate that you can have too much of a good thing. We have good depth now, we proved it on Saturday. 

I think the staff will see how Ty is progressing over the next week or so, possibly moving for another CB loan if it looks like he won't be up to speed in time. If Carlos stays, let's not forget he was playing LCB for Sevilla and had been brought in essentially as a Mings replacement, so he can also cover Pau, if needed. Emery also seems to rate some of our young CBs. Other than that, I think we have a quality First and Second XI:

GK: Martinez (Gauci + Olsen)
RB: Cash (Ned)
RCB: Konsa (Carlos)
LCB: Pau (Mings)
LB: Digne (Maatsen)
CM: Onana + Tielemans (Kamara + Barkley)
RM: Bailey (Philogene)
LM: McGinn (Ramsey)
SS: Rogers (Buendia)
ST: Watkins (Duran)

Leaving Enzo, Iling Jr, Dendoncker, Moreno, and Hause as extras.

A Konsa Mk II RB/RCB hybrid would be nice, but that leaves Cash as the odd man out and may stifle Ned's development.

Andy Gray's son, says it was genuinely close between us and Chelsea for Joao Felix. "We couldn't have done any more"

https://www.threads.net/@jamiegray80/post/C-3CKDDsR2m/?xmt=AQGzQeR77-xzFz3qYTuZEWrkoTJ5-ORvW4wAVlEaIOzNlw

We couldn’t have done any more to sign him. It was genuinely close. Interested to see our next move now.

Also @limpid can we get embed for Threads now X is a hell hole?

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Andy Gray's son, says it was genuinely close between us and Chelsea for Joao Felix. "We couldn't have done any more"

https://www.threads.net/@jamiegray80/post/C-3CKDDsR2m/?xmt=AQGzQeR77-xzFz3qYTuZEWrkoTJ5-ORvW4wAVlEaIOzNlw

Also @limpid can we get embed for Threads now X is a hell hole?

I assume it'll be in the new version, if Facebook allow it. Meanwhile please edit that and add a quote.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â