Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

With Iling-Jr and Enzo not in the squad on Saturday, could they both be going on loan?

We've got too many for everyone to be in every squad, but I imagine they'll swap in & out depending on the competition, the opposition and of course as injuries/suspensions kick in.

Just now, rubberman said:

We've got too many for everyone to be in every squad, but I imagine they'll swap in & out depending on the competition, the opposition and of course as injuries/suspensions kick in.

As long as we don't start getting Sterling style statements about being excluded from the matchday squad 🤣

Just now, rubberman said:

But we’ve got too many for the registered squad we have to give to the PL and if we are to add some players, even if we lose some then we still have too many to be registered so the loan market will have to be used.

Just now, RicRic said:

Konsa is better defensively than Pau, but Pau’s ball playing abilities are far superior, however Konsa is very good on the ball nonetheless, quite comfortable and relatively only a very few mistakes, appreciate what we have 🤝

I do appreciate them. However there is room for improvement there, but it requires a world class operator. My analysis was in regards to why they aren't world class, and probably never will be.

Only 3 teams in the league can boast a better centre back pairing. Saliba, Dias, and VVD are the only 3 world centre backs in the league.

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

I’d take him on a 2 year deal! 

Billy Big Balls attitude at Barca. Would try the same stuff at Villa.

49 minutes ago, duke313 said:

With Iling-Jr and Enzo not in the squad on Saturday, could they both be going on loan?

Enzo has a little injury I think. Maybe SIJ goes out because we have plenty of options on the left. Enzo stays is my bet.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, OLDVILLAN said:

Kudus had Cash in his pocket all game unfortunately

This is one for the Football Clichés podcast

There is no way a winger can have a full back in his pocket. 

That's like a striker having a CB in his pocket. 

#pedant

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Billy Big Balls attitude at Barca. Would try the same stuff at Villa.

Those balls are pretty big and extremely high quality though. He'd be a class signing for anyone.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I do appreciate them. However there is room for improvement there, but it requires a world class operator. My analysis was in regards to why they aren't world class, and probably never will be.

Only 3 teams in the league can boast a better centre back pairing. Saliba, Dias, and VVD are the only 3 world centre backs in the league.

Van Dijk isn't anymore, his pace is gone.

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Those balls are pretty big and extremely high quality though. He'd be a class signing for anyone.

Wage demands would be pretty high.

49 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Doubt it - we have 22 out of 25 fit (based on what may be our squad)

The chances are that out for most of the season - having only 3 players out would be a luxury.
They are new and young - they'll be needed and will get their chances.

But wow - that bench looked strong, and the subs made a huge difference. Just no drop in performance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

The chances are that out for most of the season - having only 3 players out would be a luxury.

But wow - that bench looked strong, and the subs made a huge difference. Just no drop in performance. 

The top teams Teams don’t have a first XI, they have 18 starters. That should be the aim for where we want to get to as a team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Buendia didn't even get a look in.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Really interested in what we do in final days of window. Will we add an attacking player or not? 

I think we need that little bit extra in attack. Hopefully we have someone lined up to replace Diaby.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think we need that little bit extra in attack. Hopefully we have someone lined up to replace Diaby.

I don’t think we will, Ramsey has effecitvely replaced diaby, from an output point of view anyway. Bidace has replaced him more like for like. We have two good players across most of our attacking positions, so would be surprised anyway.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Buendia didn't even get a look in.

If we sign another forward or not is key. Maybe signing this versatile forward was tied to Duran leaving. I think it was tbh 

20 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Probably the strongest Villa bench I've seen in many years. It was refreshing. That said, we'll need that bench with the challenges of Champions League to consider. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â