Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

52 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Only complaint of this back four is that while all are top class there isn't a world class centre back there.

How many actual world class CBs currently playing?

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Who do you want?

There isn't a realistic option, so for this season I'd be very happy with that. 

When I say world class I am talking Van Dijk and Ruben Dias levels of abilty, the whole package. Speed, strength, height, one on one defending, aerially dominant, high concentration,  passing, can carry the ball out.

Ignoring the fees, if there was an opportunity to go and get Sterling or Madueke, both frustrated to miss out on the team yesterday (Sterling left out entirely), would they get us over the line on replacing Diaby?

Sterling I think really adds something to the squad. Madueke would have more long term value, but could frustrate JPB, Rogers, Iling-Jnr who have competed with him at England Youth levels. 

But as we get closer to the end of the window. It's possible Chelsea becomes a hunting ground for some good value.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

There's talks of Forest signing Santiago Giménez. Surely Feyenoord don't lose two players? 

They have sold Wieffer too

9 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not many. That's why it isn't realistic to sign one yet. Hopefully next summer we can get on the case. If we get Geertruida in I'll be happy, but to me he is a Cash replacement, so we still need a Carlos replacement.

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’d take him on a 2 year deal! 

I'd love Gundogan. But just not an area of need, but for a player like that, you probably make it an area of need when the quality and experience is as good as that. 

We just have other really critical pieces to bring in that he'd be a bit of a luxury as another midfielder with Kamara, Onana, Tielemans, Barkley all here, plus Enzo, McGinn and Ramsey able to cover.

Gundogan is great though, if we could afford it and not piss off our longer term players it would definitely be a great addition

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Me too

Our midfield is packed with talented players with 3 excellentyoung DM's, so why stymie that for a very good but in decline 33 year old. We already have experience in midfield with Mcginn and Barkley, and even Tielemens. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’d take him on a 2 year deal! 

From info in the press he seems to be trying to engineer a move back to City. Question is, would that knock out a domino at City that we .might want to obtain? 

Just now, Hobsons Choice said:

From info in the press he seems to be trying to engineer a move back to City. Question is, would that knock out a domino at City that we .might want to obtain? 

I think with Alvarez gone, he'd take that space, as it was Alvarez who took over from him when he left for Barca.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

There isn't a realistic option, so for this season I'd be very happy with that. 

When I say world class I am talking Van Dijk and Ruben Dias levels of abilty, the whole package. Speed, strength, height, one on one defending, aerially dominant, high concentration,  passing, can carry the ball out.

Konsa just gets better and better… can potentially reach those levels. Incredibly reliable.

Pau is amazing at what he does but admittedly not amazing at the defensive side but… he will improve as well. Only completed one season with us so far 

30 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Exactly!  That's the issue with CBs... there's a small group of the world class ones and they're not available in our bracket at the moment (A). You then have a bunch of previously highly rated players who have not quite reached their potential but could come good (B). Then a new set of highly rated youngsters who may or may not come good (C).

I think we'll be shopping in category C

9 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

I doubt it, for all their crazy depth, they have a bit of a gap in CM that Gundogan probably fixes for them rather than kicks somebody of insane value out of their squad

They started Kovacic and Rico Lewis yesterday. With Rodri out their CM options are:

• Kovacic
  • Rico Lewis (19)
  • Matheus Nunes
  • James McAtee (21)
  • Nico O'Reilly (19) 
  • Maximo Perrone (21)

There's ample space there for Gundogan without them needing to sell anyone and without it really impacting playing time of any of their other players.

They also don't really need to fill their 25 man squad, I think around 22/23 need to be registered from a cursory glance at Transfermarkt. So they don't need to move somebody on in terms of numbers, and if they do for FFP they'll just bung themselves an extra £20m in some other backend sponsorship fee

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yeah possibly. Liverpool should be doing everything they can to get him though imo

Seems less likely now Klopp has left.  Honestly can't see him anywhere other than at Citeh, Bayern or Saudi

Also regarding Citeh, they have Claudio Echeverri joining in Jan I think. Similar situation to what they did with Alvarez where he's stayed on loan at RIver Plate

Edited by _AA_786

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â