Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Dreaming of a deal for Geertruida and Moreno + 💰 for Baena.

Sell Dendoncker (🙏🙏🙏)

Need a CB if we sell Carlos… maybe Cash can go… seems to have picked up a hamstring injury so do we need a signing ahead of the Arsenal game? Or are we happy with Carlos at CB and Konsa at RB? Or Nedeljkovic…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

I think we have perhaps one more defender to come in and then we are done other than a few outgoings (unless we sell someone who needs a direct replacement of course, which I wouldn’t say is the case for Dendoncker, Moreno etc)

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think we have perhaps one more defender to come in and then we are done other than a few outgoings (unless we sell someone who needs a direct replacement of course, which I wouldn’t say is the case for Dendoncker, Moreno etc)

We know there is plenty going on, Unai and Monchi have spoken openly about it.

It’s just hard to sell players you don’t want or need, to get many interested parties and especially those that can afford the fees and wages…

Something will happen, we still have about two weeks… might even be a deadline day signing and or sale(s). Just not easy, quick or straightforward.

Just a bit quiet now and I’m not sure the media or online BSers have much of a clue.  Or any/many of the links have any actual truth to them.

Would love it if we signed players out of the blue, that were hardly mentioned or linked and surprised everyone… satisfying! 😆

”itks” and journos in the bin! 

Can’t see us overpaying for PL based defenders either… no value here and asking prices as well as wage demands are so high. 

Edited by Jas10

44 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Martinez
Geertruida Konsa Pau Torres Maatsen

That's a CL level defence right there.

Only complaint of this back four is that while all are top class there isn't a world class centre back there.

• Haha 2

I think it's clear from how early we brought them in that Onana and Maatsen were two signings we just weren't going to allow to go down to the wire or allow other teams to gazump us, regardless of squad size.

I imagine Emery said, 'I want those two at all costs'. Perhaps we paid a little over the odds for both, perhaps we didn't, but we got them done early so we're not scrambling around at the end of the window bidding for players like Mctominay or Dendoncker. 

Onana and Maatsen have already won us 3 points. We don't score from that corner last season and that touch from Maatsen to Ramsey cannot be underestimated. It was top, top class.

• Like 4

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I think it's clear from how early we brought them in that Onana and Maatsen were two signings we just weren't going to allow to go down to the wire or allow other teams to gazump us, regardless of squad size.

I imagine Emery said, 'I want those two at all costs'. Perhaps we paid a little over the odds for both, perhaps we didn't, but we got them done early so we're not scrambling around at the end of the window bidding for players like Mctominay or Dendoncker. 

Onana and Maatsen have already won us 3 points. We don't score from that corner last season and that touch from Maatsen to Ramsey cannot be underestimated. It was top, top class.

Onana would have been identified as a replacement for Luiz (in effect).  We lose a very good midfielder but gain one with attributes which we were previously lacking.

The Maatsen one is probably true enough; but I think there was an element of PSR-favour with Chelsea.

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Have Liverpool signed anyone? If Salah or Alisson get injured they're in big trouble. Is that how it works?

Cant compare it to teams that finished above us 

Forget this gomez and chalobah stuff, get Geertruida through that door asap! and get him settled in quickly the season is already underway, im surprised there’s no been no progress on this one, I expected this to be in the final stages by now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Forget this gomez and chalobah stuff, get Geertruida through that door asap! and get him settled in quickly the season is already underway, im surprised there’s no been no progress on this one, I expected this to be in the final stages by now. 

There's talks of Forest signing Santiago Giménez. Surely Feyenoord don't lose two players? 

I reckon that Geertruida will come in, but only after we sell Carlos. I also think that Carlos will start against Arsenal and won't be sold until after that game. He was MOTM in both games against the last season and with Cash having a dodgy hamstring on Saturday I think that Unai will put Konsa at right back and not throw Kosta in at the deep end. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

There's talks of Forest signing Santiago Giménez. Surely Feyenoord don't lose two players? 

I thought he was really highly rated?

Maybe other teams ready to wait for him and let him use forest as a stepping stone given the eredivise transfer reputation 

11 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Geertruida only has one year left so unless they want to lose him for nothing they will have to sell

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Dreaming of a deal for Geertruida and Moreno + 💰 for Baena.

Sell Dendoncker (🙏🙏🙏)

Need a CB if we sell Carlos… maybe Cash can go… seems to have picked up a hamstring injury so do we need a signing ahead of the Arsenal game? Or are we happy with Carlos at CB and Konsa at RB? Or Nedeljkovic…

Yeah I think with those additions we go from a very strong squad to a superb squad .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I doubt that we will do much other business other than maybe a loan or two coming in very late in the day, or someone for a modest fee in today's market. I think the felix ship has sailed and I see no point in selling carlos without an experienced replacement coming in. i know nothing of the Feyenoord player but highly doubt we'll replace Carlos with him, so as it stands we are quite light in centre half spots and will leave it as long as possible to bring in another loan - potentially Chalobah, as the 'selling' club are more likely to loan rather than sell to get hiom off the books if the only alternative is that they retain a player they want rid of.

Edited by peterw

40 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Only complaint of this back four is that while all are top class there isn't a world class centre back there.

Who do you want?

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I think with those additions we go from a very strong squad to a superb squad .

If we got Geertruida + Baena then it's a 10/10 window for me.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â